šŸŒ¬ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Air

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :grey_exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your water magick experience by the deadline: Tomorrow: January 26th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :yellow_heart: :wind_face:

4 Likes

This week, I just did something quick bc I have a hectic schedule. I did the yellow candle for strength and clarity meditation. I feel like I can better handle my situation. I really enjoyed this. I held two citrine in each hand to let the energy flow through me. I hold them when I need strength. If I need to, Iā€™ll hold them while praying for strength. Thank you @BryWisteria for this opportunity to find my strength!!! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you, dearest! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures @BryWisteria! Youā€™ve got a good eye!

3 Likes

Agreed. So envious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those pictures are amazing @BryWisteria!! It does make us want to travel, doesnā€™t it :slight_smile: I bet you have tons of awesome memories of those trips! And yes, it is quite cold this week, and as I was walking outside, my breath was really visible. Itā€™s always a phenomenon that intrigued me. And itā€™s the mix of water and air together, so I think itā€™s quite fitting to last weekā€™s challenge combined with this weekā€™s!

I think just meditating and taking deep breaths is a kind of Air practice in itself.
So for the challeng today, I lit incense and meditated with the sound of Tibetan bowls. It was quite a smoky stick so I cracked open a window, and could feel the cool air coming from outside. Although I did have to blow out some hot air from my hair dryer to be able to open the window at all! :smiley: So just by opening my window I played with both hot and cold air. I also applied some Air element body oil on my pressure points. Oh and I will also do @SilverBearā€™s Air Spray, it must smell so lovely!

Out of all the elements, I donā€™t really know which one I resonate with the most. My sun sign is Earth (Virgo), my moon is Fire (Leo) and my rising is Water (Cancer). I also checked out the Chinese Zodiac Element, and Iā€™m a wood rat! So technically Air isnā€™t very present in my birth chart. But, when I was younger, and pretending to have powers, I always chose the wind. I like hearing it through the leaves on the treesā€¦ and seeing the birds soar in the sky makes me jealous! Even though all elements are vital, I think air might be the one easily ā€œforgottenā€ or taken for granted. But we connect with it and use it at every moment of our lives. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Krissie,
My ex use to play all my songs I knew and loved. He knew new a lot of personal things that no one else knew. He was a Gemini and Cancer. Air and water sighn He was a good guy in the beginning. He was a player.
He was very charming. He always was the life of the party. Always laughed and had jokes . You could hear him down the hall laughing. His charm didnt last to long! LOL
He would charm the girls and always could make others do what he wanted them to do.

My husband is a Cancer all the way & he is very much a water sign. He always wants to help people. He always gives his time with music. Heā€™s musically inclined and plays in a band just for fun. He loves Jerry Garcia & the Dead Heads. He loves to connect with music with others. When we first got together he would play a nice song to me. That was healing in its self and fun! Know I just hear him in the back playing. When it comes to our home he always is about the family. He is more protecting than any one I ever met in comparison to my ex. I think he has lots of healing attributes related to cancer. So he is just my guy! LOL

Thanks for the website link!! I will see what it has to say!

Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

House Wealth Incence

Hi, for this challenge I decided to make my own Incense and a spell for wealth bye Silver RavenWolf. I thought it would go well with the challenge since were useing the element Air this week. I could use some wealth. In this spell I called upon Dagda sometimes ā€œknown for The Lord of Great Knowledge Because he possesses all the knowledge of the universeā€ RavenWolf. Dagda is linked to the cosmos four your physical survival. He will come to help with money.

Since I need a better job or better job, I thought it would be sufficient. It was a money powder infused with black Charcoal. Since there is magical components in air when you burn incense. I opened my circle then meditated with the cancer meditation. I also called on Aphrodite/ Dagda
3 parts Frank incense
1 part myrrh linked to Aphrodite
1 part patchouli (love spells)
1/2 nutmeg :chestnut:
1/2 all spice
1/2 ginger
1 pinch of home dust
Blue candle healing
Purple candle prosperity
Black -expels negative energies
Green -earth Grounded

This spell can be done for the new, waxing or full moon.
Make it for Monday for Tuesday success

Black and white feather I found!
Blessed be
Jeannie

6 Likes

That sounds lovely, @Christina4- and nice choice with the Citrines! :yellow_circle: :sparkles: I am glad you were able to find your strength and regain control over the situation- really well done! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you, @Amethyst! Iā€™m not much of a photographer, but luckily some natural landscapes are so stunning that their beauty carries through regardless of photography talent or camera quality :laughing: :national_park:

Agreed, @Laurie! :blush: And I love that you were able to link last weekā€™s challenge with this one- a wonderful way to look at it! Ohhhh I love Tibetan bowls :relieved: :two_hearts: It sounds like you had a truly relaxing and reflective Air meditation and were able to connect with the element not represented among your horoscopes- good for you! :heart:

Beautiful incense and spell, @Jeannie! :candle: May your lovely spellwork and prayer to Dagda bring you much wealth and new knowledge :pray: And it looks like your work with Air brought you a very fitting gift- such a lovely feather! :bird: Thanks for sharing, Jeannie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job, everyone- itā€™s been a delight to read about your experiences with air magick! :yellow_heart: :wind_face:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for one week, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

@Amethyst I finally had a chance to read through some of the posts that I missed. I like this chantā€¦ a lot!!! Perfectly beautiful imagery and lovely intention. This is going to go into the BOS! Thank you for all you share.

3 Likes

A parting image of airā€¦ my feathers/ fan collection and a vintage picture of my Dad in 1943 - his WWII pilot gear. Love my 'Flyboy".

@BryWisteria you are giving me itchy feet! Thank you for sharing your beautiful travel pictures. What wonderful places you have explored. I believe there is a magic in travel - when we make personal connections with those who share our planet then there is greater opportunity to find connection than disparity.

6 Likes

Great ritual @Jeannie1, and what a unique and beautiful feather!

Youā€™re welcome @berta! Iā€™m just glad you liked it enough to use it! And a lovely picture of the feathers and your Dad. Nice!

5 Likes

Lovely collection of feathers, Berta!! They really give wings to your fatherā€™s photograph :grin:

Well said! I think thatā€™s the reason why itā€™s called a spiritual journey. Hereā€™s a quote I like:

ā€œThe world is a book, and those who donā€™t travel only read one page.ā€

ā€• St Augustine

4 Likes

I love the quote @Francisco - circumstances have limited my exploration to "spiritualā€™ travel, but I have seen some wonderful places, too. I love that my kids have traveled and I live vicariously through their experiences. My son and daughter have been all over the worldā€¦Even my granddaughter has travelled more than I have, but thatā€™s GREAT!!! I think my daughter would enjoy talking to Briannaā€¦ they are both wonderful photographers and love to travel. True story tellers.

You must have done a little traveling in your life as well! My Mom was a teacher and always made sure we had great road trips. I have not reached my goal of visiting all 50 of the statesā€¦ but I am closeā€¦ I think I am down to Hawaii.

5 Likes

Berta
I Really like the Vase. I did some ceramics in school. Once we used this kind that would go in a flame at like 20000 Fahrenheit. Itā€™s called rague or something like that. Iā€™m wondering what kind of paint was used on that vase. Anyway, I think that is very unique and I love your display of feathers.
FYI I just drove in the gusty winds and there was a storm here in Sacramento. I am so lucky to be alive! There was a accident I missed!
Blessed be
Jeannie

6 Likes

Such a beautiful display- it fits the Air theme perfectly! Your father is an incredible man, Berta. Thanks to him for his service! :blush::pray:

And I totally agree- there really is ā€œmagic in travelā€! We take a little bit of every place weā€™ve been and person weā€™ve met with us when we go- while leaving a small piece of ourselves behind :world_map: The result is an open mind and heart that stretches across the skies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love this quote!!! :heart:

I think I would love to chat with Emily too- she sounds just as fascinating and wonderful as her mother is! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh no, Jeannie- that sounds scary! Iā€™m so glad you are safe from the storm :pray:

5 Likes

Goodness @Jeannie1 ! I am so very glad you are OK. We used to get the Haboob (bad winds) in Arizona. When they would blow through you couldnā€™t see to drive because they carried so much dust and they would etch the glass in your carā€¦ Glass replacement companies made good money in Phoenix.
I would love to see some of your ceramic work! That glaze sounds really interesting. I have a friend Sandy Miller who works in Porcelain and her pieces have some beautiful glazes on them. Very clean looking -pure colors. You can look her up on line - currently she has reverted to using her clear glazes with red iron burn out images. Really fun. I have 3 of her mugs. (BIG FAN- can you tell?) The feather jar is actually glass. I am a sucker for blown glass pieces and especially if they are Art Nouveau style. This piece is one of my favorites. This one is by Robert Held. I love his Tiffany style work.
I am glad you like it. I have been beating myself up a bit for collecting these ā€œTHINGSā€ lately. I canā€™t see anyone in the family wanting them after I am gone and I am creating work for them to shovel it all out of the houseā€¦ but they make me smile and I love supporting other artists especially when i have met them and know a little about their life path and journey. I am getting a little more pragmatic in my choices, and I choose FUNCTION when ever I can. (Wall art the exception. ) Anyway, I am ramblingā€¦ Love youā€¦ take care of yourself.

7 Likes

Berta,
Thanks for sharing I am hoping my friend sells me his wheal for ceramics. So I can start practicing in my garage. My uncle said I could have his Kiln. My friend and I, & my client is a professional potter. I took a class with him I. College. Iā€™ll send you some pics of my work. Some stuff I gave away. Some of my really good work too. I did a mask. This is a time when I was not into Wicca and I wish I would have known what I know know. Makes me wonder what I wouldā€™ve made. I canā€™t wait to do art now. I did a pitcher and cups and a bowl. I think I even made a ashtray. And a tea pot. The paint made it look like it was crying. Lol :laughing:

Blockquote Nouveau style is Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it definitely inspired me to get that wheal again so I can get back into it since school is shut down no ceramics. But Iā€™m gonna just get that wheel for real.

I see the skyā€™s look like it may rain! My electricity went out. And trees falling alll over the place from the strong wind. I will keep you posted, on the weather. It may last for a week or so. I am glad you are safe!
Jeannie
Blessed be

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about what comes afterwards- better to enjoy happiness in the moment than worry about potential concerns of the distant future :relieved:

If it brings a smile to your face now (and makes you feel connected with your artist community) I say go for it- collect those treasures and collect the smiles, Berta! :sparkles: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes