šŸ¤ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - One Witch to Another

Iā€™ve love :two_hearts: seeing all of the responses and everything that everyone has learned from each other. When @Abs and I came up with the idea while talking one night, we knew this would be the perfect way for our family :infinite_roots: to share the love :purple_heart: with each other and to share what has really impacted all of us through @BryWisteriaā€™s challenges.

(I didnā€™t mean to take sole credit for this so Iā€™m setting the record straight. :upside_down_face: )

I plan on responding to each one of your posts and share some of the things that I have learned from each of you on Monday.

10 Likes

Girl ā€˜ trust in the change too! Cuz it doesnā€™t happen overnight! Sometimes itā€™s super slowā€™ and I know I have bad habits that Iā€™m trying to break! I just know it ā€˜ a change is gonna come!
We all Transform eventuallyā€™ and we may have many transformations as well! We are only getting better with age !! We are all A type of Fine Wineā€™ you just gotta find the flavor that you like!! Hehe :cupid:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful Mom you have @moonshadow, youā€™re very lucky to have learned from her. I also think you were lucky to have lived in such a beautiful area.

Aww, thank you for the kindness @RyuWyn, youā€™re making me blush!

Iā€™ve been thinking about this and Iā€™ve first got to give props to my Mom who passed five years and some time ago. Sheā€™s the one who gave me my first witchcraft book and let me know that Wicca was even a real thing, so Iā€™ve got to be thankful for that.

Iā€™m also thankful to HearthWitch on YouTube for her educational videos and talks.

But most of all Iā€™m thankful to @Francisco for this forum, and @BryWisteria for these challenges. It was these challenges that got me off my metaphorical and physical butt and got me moving, got me casting magic and I am so thankful for that. I donā€™t know where Iā€™d be without these challenges.

Iā€™m also thankful to everyone on this forum, the entire Infinite Roots coven for being there for me when I needed you. I could name a few but that wouldnā€™t be fair so Iā€™m gonna name you all. :infinite_roots:

Thank you, everyone, down to the last lurker. You have my appreciation.

Blessed be.

12 Likes

I also believe that when you follow your own intuition ā€˜ itā€™s the most powerful magic. I know you will see so many different correspondences for different herbs and crystals and even colors. But if you hold that item in your hands and feel somethingā€™ thatā€™s what it should be for you and your spell, other people may feel different types of energies coming from within. The most powerful magic comes from deep inside when your own soul feels and hears Nature talking to them.
That is Real powerful Magic!
Much Love :cupid::cupid:

12 Likes

Iā€™ve just opened up this thread and was about to post the same thing.

After my initial enthusiasm Iā€™m a bit stuck with where to actually start. Everyone here has helped me so much. I know I can go to @christina4 for all things crystal and rock related, and @MeganB for divination and crochet :slight_smile:

Iā€™m worried if I start trying to list everyone whoā€™s taught me something new that Iā€™ll inadvertently miss somewhat out so Iā€™m going to be generic.

Everyone here has had there part in making me the witch Iā€™m becoming. Iā€™m of course learning the practicalities and skills of Wicca and Witchcraft. But Iā€™m also learning to be a more open and calm human being. Iā€™m so grateful to have found my coven, youā€™re all awesome.

I think for this challenge Iā€™m going to look at external sources of witchy wisdom Iā€™ve found particularly helpful, but Iā€™m really not sure what yet.

12 Likes

I love the spells8.com daily devotions, chants and prayers too ! Use them daily !!!

11 Likes

deep breath

Though I have always been drawn to witchy things, I didnā€™t always realize they were witchy, or that I was a spiritual as I am discovering myself to be. The credit to bringing me to practicing the craft probably goes to my ex. When my marriage to my Ex ended (note the capitalization, different person), there was so much that lie dormant or suppressed. My exā€™s courageous out of the broom closet nature enboldened me to explore. The growth and change in me exploded like a bomb. Might be why she and I had to part.

Since coming here Iā€™ve learned much, but donā€™t know who exactly to credit. Work with what you have, Intention matters.

I was excited to be greeted by @Amethyst, someone in my home state. And @christina4, the Explosively Awesome One, has been so friendly and inspired me to look further into crystals.

Thank you to @MeganB for letting me talk about my meditation experiences. I needed that.

And @phoenix_dawn, for thinking Iā€™m wise :blush:

@Garnet for a comforting comment that affected me far beyond the context of the thread.

And so many more. The whole community for your acceptance and welcome, and the gift you have brought to me and everyone here: Love and Light.

13 Likes

Aww, thank you @anon87969570, for the mention! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

12 Likes

Moonshawdow,
My friend has shared with me and you about Big Sur and hopefully soon one day Iā€™ll go. I know the hot springs is out there and can be really therapeutic. I never been able to travel much but this is on my bucket list!
The Big SUR looks so beautiful and the mountains, the water and sky and wildlife! The water :sweat_drops: looks so good too see and I can picture all my senses coming back to life thinking about it. I ENVY YOU!
The water looks so refreshing and I would love to see some wild life!
This could be a dream come true to see and experience the natural things in life.
I am so glad to meet you moonshawdow your life looks incredible! I think it would be easy for me to get along with animals but sometimes the animals that are wild. I think its great to be able to see the animals and be around them! I love just watching animals like birds. I have owned just about every pet you can think of. lol Its great that you are around the animals and have a connection to theme. And the deeper world and the divine. Thank you for sharing moonshawdow!!!
Your such a blessing to us and your mom seems to be a really good mom too! Thank you!!
Jeannie

13 Likes

WhiteFox,
My Abuelita just past away just before mothers day, My grandma who was actually like my mom passed and she adopted me. My real mom was only 13 when she had me. She was so kind and she did so many good things too! She has taught me so much! I think of her daily. I had the most profound experience too! So thank you for sharing your heart with us!

Blockquote
Allā€™sI can say is that I felt her light inside me and I had a same feeling or experience. I want to continue sharing her light and I feel that she lives inn me know in a more profound way.
IBessed be!

15 Likes

This weekā€™s challenge would have to go to my aunt @crystal24 pretty much the only one who has helped me and guided me Iā€™ve always had interest in witches and all that comes with but I never knew it was real unless recent and it was scary at first and of course Iā€™m still learning my way around and Iā€™m slowly seeing who I can trust itā€™s still hard for me to seek good pepe around my area but Iā€™m thankful for this site that she showed even though I may not know people around my area just yet on who is good for me but least I have all of you guys to help me if Iā€™m in need :orange_heart:

15 Likes

@christina21 awwww so sweet of you. Thank you :hugs:

13 Likes

@anon87969570 I donā€™t just think youā€™re wiseā€¦I know you are!Iā€™m so grateful to know you

12 Likes

Iā€™m happy to know you, too!

12 Likes

Christina21,

Blockquote

I feel you, itā€™s really hard for me too to allow people Iā€™m my life too! You know we are here for you! I am thankful too, and happy youā€™re happy :blush:
Blessed be!
Jeannie

15 Likes

I love the sound of ā€œWine & Witchcraftā€- Iā€™ll have to check the Sunshine State Witchā€™s videos! Thanks for sharing, @Missa :wine_glass: :grin:

Welcome @carmen3, and thanks for sharing about your spiritual advisor! It sounds like they had a lot of powerful advice about mindfulness and personal energy. You have a very wise advisor! Many thanks back to you for joining in the challenge- blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

Cheers to that, @steph! Gaining control over your mindset is an amazing part of the Craft. Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful bit of witchy wisdom! :sparkles:

Beautifully said @Peaches! Iā€™m so glad you were able to find someone with a similar situation and were able to gain confidence through Benjaminā€™s shared stories. Thanks so much for sharing! :two_hearts:

I am so glad to hear that the challenges have been helpful for you, @Kasandra- that makes me really happy :blush: And cheers to that- Iā€™m praying for the same! Thank goodness there are folks like you and Benjamin who suggest fun challenge suggestions :pray: Lots of love back to you!

Lots of love back to you @Christina4- Iā€™m so glad the daily devotionals have been so helpful for you! May your practice continue to grow and bloom beautifully :sunflower:

That was a beautiful reflection on your mother and her key role in helping to build your practice, @moonshadow :blush: It sounds like her healing energy and natural magick (even if she doesnā€™t identify it as such) has helped to form your own talents and beautiful magick. Thanks so much for sharing your story and also those gorgeous places and photos! :heart::national_park:

That is a beautiful story @RyuWyn- your great-grandma was a truly amazing lady! Iā€™m sure she is still watching over you :pray: Thank you for the shout-out, Iā€™m so happy youā€™ve found the challenges to be helpful! :hugs: And no worries at all- Iā€™m glad you were able to do the aura challenge in your own personal way :blush: Wishing the same- lots of love and light back to you! :two_hearts:

Thanks again to you, @praecog29, and to Abs as well- I had no idea you had help with the inspiration! Itā€™s a great theme, so thanks again to both of you for sharing it :pray::blush:

Beautifully written as always @Amethyst- and you are so kind, thank you for the shout-out! I canā€™t tell you how happy I am to hear the challenges have helped you like that- Iā€™ll continue to try my best in the hopes that you will continue to enjoy them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Many blessings back to you!

Well said, @IrisW- thanks for sharing! You are already a wonderful witch who continues to grow and bloom every day- the coven is grateful to have you here too! :blush: I know thereā€™s an overwhelming amount of content out there, but if anything does come to mind then feel free to share it :grin:

So glad to hear that, @JasmineTheBlueJ! :raised_hands:

Your kindness is contagious @anon87969570- thanks for sharing the positivity! Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been learning and growing and that youā€™ve enjoyed your time in the coven so far. Wishing the same back to you- so much love and light! :sparkling_heart:

Beautiful shout-out to your aunt, @Christina21- you are blessed to have each other to share wisdom and practice magick together! Thanks for sharing your warm thoughts :blush:

17 Likes

Everyone has done such a beautiful job with their shout-outs that I doubt I could even come close to expressing how much gratitude I have- for each and every one of you! Even with all my favorite adjectives that I find myself exhausting every day here in the forum, I donā€™t think the message would fully carry across lol :laughing: :heart:

If there was some way to tag the entire group (@coven, anyone?) I would do it right now!

Know that while Iā€™m not able to respond to everything, I do read every post that is shared here in the Spells8 Forum. So I can say fairly confidently that Iā€™ve picked up something or other from everyone whoā€™s posted- whether itā€™s a bit of witchy wisdom, something new in general, or even just a smile from a kind word or nice post.

Thank you to everyone for all the wisdom and kindness that you share! :blush:

And with everyone thanked, I want to give a special nod to a few fellow content creators who really go above and beyond with what they offer to the forum, day after day, week after week, with amazing dedication:

To @MeganB, who often shares amazing wisdom posts, runs the weekly Freebie Fridays, and hosts the Zoom meets.

To @Praecog29, who keeps the Energy Exchange Circle and all the love it holds running.

To @Silverbear, for the constant gift of meditations, recipes, and other treasures.

To @Christina4, for the daily inspirational messages that start the day off right and the abundance of crystal wisdom posts shared.

To @Amethyst, for the fun weekly recipes and delightful Tarot Haiku Poems.

And, of course, to the amazing @Francisco for not only creating this wonderful place and all the wisdom it holds, but also for all of the hard work you constantly put into crafting new content- every single day. Words arenā€™t enough to cover everything you give to the Spells8 community!

With things in general shared, I do have one specific bite of witchy wisdom that really made a difference in my practice that Iā€™d like to share with the coven :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

For anyone who doesnā€™t already know her, The Green Witch on YouTube has been amazingly inspirational for me and I highly recommend her channel to other witchy folks (especially anyone new to the practice looking for reassurance and simple spellwork) :green_heart:

13 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 31st, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :handshake: :infinite_roots: :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you my dear, Iā€™m glad my recipes and haikus make such a difference to you! :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you to @Francisco for creating this site, spells8 has been essential to my survival and I wouldnā€™t have met so many lovely people and one very very special person if it wasnā€™t for this sites existence :two_hearts:

I plan on responding in more depth tomorrow morning to all the people I have learned from; I feel a bit under the weather tonight so Iā€™m planning on an early night.

Thank you for all the mentions. I love you all.

11 Likes