šŸ¤ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - One Witch to Another

Thatā€™s how I felt too.

From the courses that are put together for us by @Francisco & others, to the Neverending facets of our crafts & what resonates, itā€™s been quite the journey. @praecog29 has been awesome & his reviews & recommendations have expanded my practice & heā€™s also a great friend to have in my life. @BryWisteria has helped me with learning different things & expanding on some things that I already know or am interested in practicing. She also has some great ideas on ways to incorporate crafts with my craft. @Rowan has been an inspiration & I learn more & more about Hekate when I speak with her & she has some amazing recommendations. @Liisa was a wealth of knowledge about runes & their types along with history & meaning. I donā€™t practice using or making them. She did a great job with her posts, they were easy to follow & learn.

& I can still go on & on. :rofl: :joy:

14 Likes

My journey to obtain my witchy wisdom has been an amazing transformation and like a second childhood that started out as a mission to naturally heal myself. Iā€™ve found a new life and beauty where I once saw boredom and emptiness. Although my journey thus far has been one of solidarity and solitude umong books, youtube links, websites, udemy, cards and other forms of knowledge, Iā€™ve explored many thought provoking concepts and learned from many teachers that have helped completely transform myself and the way I live life. However the most valuable wisdom Iā€™ve learned and often share relates to our powers and capabilities of the mind and spoken word. It is to do all things with a clear well thought out intention, that we attract what we put out and focus our thoughts and energy on, our words and thoughts very much become the things we see reflected in our daily lives. We can push or pull positivity and negativity into our lives with our minds, thoughts and words.Even the people and places we choose to be around. In addition we can cleanse or remove unwanted energy for ourselves,homes and lives in the same manner. All of us are capable of manifesting the life we want by simply believing and living as if we are already what we wish to accomplish. Speak, chant, write, cast spells and focus on what you wish to manifest and it will be. There are many veins of this wisdom and they run deeply through all of us via manifesting,meditation, casting spells, chanting or writing affirmations and incantations. These are the vessels in which the power of the mind and the spoken word share their magick with each and everyone of us based on our perception and reality.

I frequently include guided meditation, hypnosis, positive affirmations and binaural beats in my practice courtesy of Youtube.com. Iā€™ve found listening to these types of mind provoking exercises not only add in your ability to transform your life, mental programing and the way you think but they help your mind exercise your intuition and imagination, thus building stronger ability. Check out a few of the videoā€™s below.

Goddess Isis Sleep Music: Healing female energy

Are You A Starseed? Starseed Awakening 1111 Hz Binaural Beat Music | Sleep, Chakra and Meditation.

Deep Sleep Hypnosis: Receive Answers from Your Spirit Guides

Positive Affirmations REPROGRAM WHILE YOU SLEEP Raise Your Vibration, Consciousness, Health, Wealth

Before my recent discovery of Spells8.com I spent a lot of my time reading and studying with the following books and truly recommend checking them out as well. Each has tremendous amounts of invaluable witchy knowledge I feel grateful and privileged to have at my fingertips and by my bedsideā€¦. I love studying and spending time with these books. They are beautiful, wize and comforting. I enjoy running my fingers over the words of the books and see each one as a unique teacher themself.

Encyclopedia of Spirits by Juidika Illes

Encyclopedia of Spells by Juidika Illes

Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Juidika Illes

The Big Book of Practical Spells by Juidika Illes

Bucklandā€™s Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland
You are Psychic by Sherrie Dillard

The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock

The Modern Witchcraft Guide to Magickal Herbs by Judy Ann Nock

Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar

Medicinal Herbs: A Beginners Guide by Rosemary Gladstar

Herbal Healing for Men by Rosemary Gladstar

The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ashian

More courses and spiritual teachers Iā€™d recommend on Udemy.com. Keep an eye out for awesome flash sales! :innocent:

The Talking Dead - Basics of Spirit Communications by Stacy Tallitsch
https://www.udemy.com/share/101FfQ/

Remote Viewing Basic - Turn Intuition into Super Psychic
https://www.udemy.com/share/101FfQ/

Tarot Card Success - The Complete Tarot Reading Course by Sal Jade
https://www.udemy.com/share/101Xua/

Definitive Spiritual Guide to Psychic Mediumship Development by Julian Jenkins
https://www.udemy.com/share/101XzM/

Judika Illes Amazon book store

:rofl: one more amazing resource for those of you who love working with herbs and want to save a buck or two !

14 Likes

I have the knowledge of the soul seeker from my imagination and through prayer :pray:t4: incantations. I speak to the god and Goddesses. I am In connection to my many different spirit guides, like my ancestors from the past. For example my friend who passed who was always there for me is now in spirit. My mom who recently passed, I have a deep connection with through my minds eye!
In the physical plane I use plant spirit to communicate on a deeper level. I connect to my spirit guides daily. Since I have been a witch I feel blessed that I can always speak to the dead for spiritual guidance through a pendulum or through divination. I love this connection. I receive messages through my my minds eye and through my dreams to help me gain more understanding about the subconscious mind to gain more connection in waking life.
I have learned to use amulets and tailsman to help me with my own anxieties and stressors and conflicts. I have delt with addiction and found that using amulets and tailsman are very helpful! Learning my magic has helped me be more confident in myself.
Blessed be
Jeannie

14 Likes

Youā€™ve gathered some wonderful witchy wisdom, @Phoenix_dawn, and have also kindly shared so much of your own wisdom with the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Many thanks and big hugs back to you- you are already a very talented witch, and I know you will continue to grow and spread your witchy wings :dove::heart:

I agree with your Aunt Phoebe, @Garnet- tea is a wonderful healing tool! :tea: I usually use Aloe Vera and Lavender for burns and burn healing, but Iā€™ll keep this in mind- black tea has many wonderful benefits indeed! Thanks for sharing the wise advice of your aunt, Garnet :pray::heart:

That is a lovely collection of wisdom, @Susurrus- youā€™ve really come a long way in building your magickal practice, and have blossomed into a witch of many amazing talents! :sparkles: Thanks so much for sharing your kind words and the jewels of knowledge youā€™ve collected over your journey :blush::two_hearts:

Agreed, @JasmineTheBlueJ- YouTube is a treasure trove of witchy resources and fun videos! Thanks so much for sharing some of your favorite videos, websites, and courses that have made a difference in your practice. The bulkapothecary looks really interesting- Iā€™ll be checking that out for sure! :raised_hands: :grin:

You draw your knowledge from so many wonderful sources, @Jeannie1- how amazing to forge such a deep connection with your passed mother, other ancestors, spirit guides, and deities- you have such a wonderfully diverse practice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing- may you always continue to find joy in learning and growing your magick :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Honestly I have loved many posts from a variety of people on here! I think some of my favorite posts have been from @MeganB :smiley:

One of my favorite witchy channels on youtube is from ā€œThe Sunshine State Witchā€ She posts a variety of videos like ā€œWine & Witchcraftā€ and ā€œWitchy Room Walksā€ . Here is a link to one of her most recent videos

13 Likes

My first lesson that comes to mind was from my spiritual advisors at Alexander Temple here in Colorado. They taught me to just listen to myself , to take time for myself and to just listen to body and my energy. Not just meditating but being aware of oneā€™s self and releasing any negative energy that might be hanging on. I really need to get back into doing this because it really did help with my anxiety and depression.
Thank you for this challenge

17 Likes

@carmen3 hello and welcome. Itā€™s great to meet you. Hope to chat soon

12 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you I could list more. I have learned so much from being here over the last year or so.

@carmen3 welcome to the forum! You will find that everyone here is very nice & supportive of your growth. On Monday there will be a Merry Meet Monday post that will give you an idea of the goings on here. This weekā€™s post can be found Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 23 :volcano:

I look forward to learning with you!

11 Likes

This Coven has taught and is still teaching me so much ā€˜ but if I had to pinpoint 1 thingā€™
Itā€™s that the ā€œWitches tool-boxā€ doesnā€™t matter that much ā€˜ itā€™s your own mindset that is the most important tool. & That you use your mind everyday with intention. It is in the water you drink (put intention in that) that in itself is the best magic. Change your everyday into something magical. Then you will see the Universe talking to you.
Be Grateful and love with intent!
Find that one thing that opens you up to the world ! It really is Magickal! & Write everything down that matters to you! You will find the special connections!

13 Likes

Amazing Advice!! :cupid:

12 Likes

this challenge for me is just that, a challenge! because I received the warmest welcome from everyone here, instantly felt like family, have learned lots and fell in love with everyone! :revolving_hearts:

(insert tag everyone here!)

the most inspiring witch for me though has to be everyoneā€™s favorite @praecog29 . having come from a christian upbringing myself, his story and insight into changing from it to Wicca really spoke to me and helped me with some of myā€¦(guilt isnt the right wordā€¦having a hard time finding it (sorry, cognitive issues :roll_eyes:) of leaving it behind, transitioning and following my true beliefs, my true self.
(Messy week, mushy brain so I hope this all makes sense)

Thank you Benjamin for being you! :revolving_hearts:

15 Likes

Thank you for the shot out thatā€™s amazing:)

11 Likes

Steph,

Your so right, stay positive! Once I did really good and wrote everything down and I did see major changes! I do have this spark that wants to change! I did a journal entry and it took a lot out of me just to do it and at lest I am being intentional. With determination and will it can be done.
Blessed Be!
Jeannie

15 Likes

Hello everyone!

Even if your name isnā€™t mentioned in this post, I want all of you to know that youā€™ve been very helpful in some way.

When I was studying how to work dragon magick on other parts of the web, some commenters laughed at the idea. I want to thank everyone here for being open minded and supportive of me on my journey into Draconic Wicca and not chasing me off the forum with laughs.

@Amethyst You were the first here to welcome me to this coven and forum. Your introduction told me that I made the right decision to become a member.

@Francisco As always, thank you for creating such a wonderfully informative website for us pagans. Thanks to our online Infinite Roots coven, I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m a solitary practitioner. The Internet is a great tool for learning, but it is also nice to ne in contact with others who in the Craft as well.

@BryWisteria The Weekly Witch Challenges have given me a chance to grow in my practice and learn what I am drawn to. I look forward to them every week and I pray that we never run out of ideas for them!

@Jeannie1 @Jewitch I wasnā€™t interested in working with Hecate since I initially didnā€™t connect with her, but your posts about your experiences working with her gave me the push I needed to try again. I discovered a goddess that I can call upon whenever I need to cleanse myself of negativity energies.

@Susurrus I learned more about astrology from the weekly challenges that you pitched to Bryanna. My natal chart was fascinating to read and I was stunned how much of it actually applied to me.

@christina4 Thank you for lending an ear the other day about a person I was having trouble with. I may not work with crystals that much, but I love seeing pictures of them and learning about their magickal properties.

@MeganB Thank you for posting many informative topics here on the forum. I remember back in March how some of us were debating if it was okay for us to celebrate St. Patrickā€™s Day. Even though I was planning to acknowledge that day as a time to celebrate my Irish heritage, I felt some guilt that I was choosing to do it on a day associated with a man responsible for the mass slaughter of pagans. However, your knowledge helped me to see that this was not the case.

@praecog29 We may not see each other in person, but just from your posts, I can sense the positivity that radiates from you. I hope that someday I can radiate that much light that people can sense it from my posts.

17 Likes

Aww, thank you @Kasandra! That means a lot to me!

12 Likes

Oh youā€™re welcome @Kasandra! Iā€™m happy you enjoy the posts, I have been slacking with my forecasts due to unforseen circumstances, but Iā€™m hoping to be back at it within a couple of weeks. & the Brigid Flametender posts!

I know not everyone works with her, but thank you to those updating the flame when they can, most recently @christina4.

@Kasandra I will see what else I can come up with for challenge ideas too.

13 Likes

I have learned so much from everyone! But for the challenge, I decided to go with the Daily Devotional that are on the Spells8 site that @Francisco puts together.

They have been a part of my daily life since I found this site (over a year ago). It was a challenge for me to do them some days, even if I didnā€™t feel up to it or was upset or depressed, but I still did them everyday along with my morning ritual. I enjoy the daily card draw on their as well!

So, thank you @Francisco for being a part of my daily life and making me more knowledgeable in my craft!

:pray: Please understand that I love everyone and I donā€™t want to exclude anyone and let anybody down!!! You all know Iā€™ve learned a lot from each and every one of you! Thatā€™s what makes a family stronger!!! :heart::muscle::heart: :infinite_roots:

13 Likes

Kassandra,
Thanks :blush: for your gratitude and mutual respect for our magical practices. You have helped me grow too with the dragon energy! When I need to be strong and I am under attack I can always depend on the dragon! You helped me be closer to the energy of the dragon.

I am very blessed to have you by my side and I am happy that you found your strength and power through the craft. You are so appreciated! I love Hecate too and would love to learn about how other Goddesses can help me too! And thatā€™s why we have each-other! To help eachother in our journey!
Thank you so much! And I love you all so much too! :kissing_heart::hugs:
Blessed be!:sparkles:
Jeannie

11 Likes

This challenge made me think about my mom and where I come from because itā€™s how I was introduced to the power of our moon, crystals/stones, the use of herbs, essential oils, I was blessed to be guided to the magic of the moon at a very young age thanks to my mom (Thank you mom) She has never identified as a witch, but more as a healer and a deliverer of life. Mom is a midwife and she heals people through her massage, dance, yoga, and Gestalt practices. Because of her green thumb and the fact that she beautifully grows her own food including herbs and she creates her own elixirs, potions, and essential oils is why I think she is a green witch but whatever. I grew up watching my mom work her craft. I was there when she delivered babies and I have witnessed her heal someone and oh boy was that scary! I remember the healing took everything out of her and she was usually sick for a week afterward.
Being born and raised in Big Sur California I spent most of my childhood playing and running around barefoot at The Esalen Institute in Big Sur California. That alone is a blessing that fills my heart with gratitude every single day. In the case, you may not know of Big Sur or Esalen, I want to share this treasured place with you:

Big Sur - Wikipedia

*" Esalen Institute - Wikipedia

The Waters: Water flows at the heart of Esalen. Three water sources converge here to form a trinity of creation, renewal, and destruction, harkening back to our own ancient origins. According to Chinese medicine and other traditions, the human emotional body is held by the water element. Perhaps that is one reason why Esalen is a safe and powerfully healing place to look within.

The Land: There is the wonder of the place itself, 120 acres of fertile land carved out between mountain and ocean, blessed by a cascading canyon stream and hot mineral springs gushing out of a seaside cliff. There is the delicate and subtle Big Sur air of a late afternoon in May, the midnight mist of July, the drenching February rain. There are October nights so clear the Milky Way can light your walk along the darkened garden path. And always there is the sound of the sea.

I was surrounded and cared for by a community that my parents were a part of I remember as a child feeling empowered with this vivid sense of freedom of ability to be myself, I was encouraged to explore the amazing outdoors which guided me to my nature-based path. I was introduced to the power of healing with energy, light, in flowers, plants, crystals, stones, and essential oils early on. I honor the myriad ways and believe nature is our source and greatest teacher. I am constantly craving more information and search to read about and understand other beliefs, practices, and of different cultures, religions, and ways. I was searching for literature about Hekate on google one day and stumbled upon spells8. I am really impressed and thrilled to find tons of really valuable information here, not just on Hecate but on almost EVERYTHING! :grinning:. For that I am grateful so thank you for creating to being here.

Here I am standing on the porch of the little shack I was born in and you could actually rent it for a night or two now a days!

I have always been a moonchild and some of my best memories of my childhood were when we would gather at the beach on the full moon. I remember Beating on drums, dancing, and chanting around a bomb fire. During my early teen years is when I discovered my keen sense of animals and my ability to communicate with them. 50 years later here I am, still beating on drums, dancing, and chanting during the full moon. I was taught that Witchcraft is a practice, we are all capable of magic. We can open portals and experience the psychic part of nature if we tune in. Everyone has their own path and there is no wrong way.
*I have recently been interested in and studying to manifest energy and have recently discovered and now follow Yasmin Boland who teaches about the moon, The Divine Feminine, and astrology." She is practical and grounded in her guidance to help one fall into alignment with their souls" She is a guide in all matters of our deeper inner world. I have all her books and I even own a deck of her Moonology Oracle cards, which I absolutely love. I have started to join in on the full moon rituals that she streams live on Facebook. She has a lot of insight and information to share and I have grown to trust her.
find her here:
https://www.yasminboland.com
https://www.moonology.com

Here is mom and me:

and me standing off hwy1(picture taken by my husband)

-much love and many blessings

I

17 Likes

Ā”Hola a todos!

Iā€™ve been thinking about who should I be grateful to this week for what Iā€™ve learned. I must start with my great-grandma. She died at the age of 100 last year before the pandemic started, she was definitely my first mentor, the first living being that thought me about existence, the importance of little things, the sublime, the love, and caring for nature. In fact, itā€™s thanks to her that I started searching for magic. When she died, I felt that some part of her possessed me and I started to see life in a new way, even though I always knew that something beyond existed, some kind of fulfilling spirituality touched me until she died, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and I finally made the decision to look for knowledge and wisdom. So thank you, Abuelita, wherever you areā€¦ and by wherever I mean, in my heart.

I also thank one of my closest friends that introduced me to Yoga when I needed it the most, my friend Camila Correa, that studied with me in high school, college, and we even ended up living together, sharing the same apartment, and learning from her the most beautiful things. I was going through one of the darkest moments in life when she taught me the art of Yoga, meditation, mindfulness, crystals, astrology, and many more beautiful things. I still practice yoga and meditation, every day, and my life has changed so much, thanks to her. So, gracias Cami :heart:

To @Francisco for creating this wonderful place. Itā€™s really giving me a new sense of life, thanks to this, the people involved, the knowledge gained so far from the courses here I really feel that living is really worth it. Gracias, y espero poder agradecerte en persona algun dĆ­a :heart:

To @BryWisteria for creating and putting together those beautiful challenges. Iā€™ve learned so much from them, Iā€™ve connected with magic even in times that I donā€™t feel like it.

Btw, I didnā€™t participate in the auras challenge, or I must say, I didnā€™t publish my experience, but I practiced it, yes, and had a meaningful experience that I wasnā€™t prepared to share yet, and I also learned that Iā€™m a 100% empathic person, which made me feel sad as well. But anyway, thank for you the weekly challenges, I feel like I learn new things weekly, and connect with all of you. So, gracias!

To @megan for hosting the weekly meetings, Iā€™m finally getting to see some faces, and not feeling completely alone.

I also want to thank everyone in this community. I remember the first time that I reach out to you when I was desperate, anxious, depressed, and without knowing me, you sent me the good energy I needed, and I thank you all for that. @Princess_Tara @praecog29 @pedros10 @anon87969570 @Amethyst @crystal24 @Missa @christina4 and every single one of you that had thought me valuable things about this new way of existence. Iā€™m sorry if Iā€™m missing any of you but be sure that you all are in my heart.

I forgot to mention but, before Spells 8 I got to learn the basics with Ella Harrison in YouTube. Sheā€™s such a beautiful woman :slight_smile:

And once more, thank you Infinite Roots, for receiving me, guiding me, teaching me, reading my posts. Even though I live alone and sometimes I feel like Iā€™m walking through this path on my own, I know that I have you all (as much as you have me) and that always makes me feel better.

I really hope to see you all one day. And, gracias :heart:

15 Likes