Brigid Flametender

In honoring the Goddess of the hearth, Brigid, and in the spirit of our wonderfully forming coven growing closer, I came across this piece in Llewellyns 2021 magical almanac. Once a day, an assigned member takes an image of a flame, posting one a day… For forever! :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we start over after all the members have had a turn"lighting" the flame. Examples they gave for sharing the blaze are bonfires, altar table candles, GIFS, etc.

Thoughts?

35 Likes

That’s a lovely idea!! :candle: Kudos to you for bringing it up! :sparkles:

I’m in!!!

15 Likes

What a neat idea! Especially if it doesn’t matter what kind of flame we use. You can take a picture of your candle or something like that. Very cool.

14 Likes

Amazing Idea! I work with Brigid on a daily basis & would love to do this. I’m in also! So who is going to post their flame for tomorrow? @Amethyst/@Francisco?

14 Likes

Yassss!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_genie:

12 Likes

I’ll do it tomorrow! :raised_hand:

14 Likes

I’m in!!! Another way to connect with each other !!!
I’ll take a day, Sat???

13 Likes

I am in too.

Just have to make sure I write it in my planner lol

13 Likes

That’s wonderful!! Yes I’m in… Does it have to be a specific time? Obviously, before the day is up lol…

13 Likes

What a wonderful idea, @amanda5! A shared flame nurtured by the coven is beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :fire:

A suggestion to offer: perhaps there could be an open thread that everyone can check each day? Anyone who has a picture to share for the day can do so in the thread. Some days may have many flames, while other days may just have one- with the goal to always keep the flame ‘lit’ :raised_hands: :fire:

Another option could be to have a wiki post where members sign up for specific days to post :scroll:

No matter how it is set up, this is sure to be a fun group activity! Thanks Amanda :heart:

14 Likes

Perfect idea @BryWisteria! If I knew how to do a Wiki I would set it up, but I don’t think I know how to do that yet.

@Francisco is doing today so I don’t mind doing it tomorrow, Thursday!

13 Likes

Let me google how to wiki. :sweat_smile::sunglasses:

11 Likes

This is such a great idea :fire:

As someone who works very closely with Herself, I’m sure this will be pleasantly welcomed. I actually tend a flame daily for Her and there are groups of people dedicated to being Flame Keepers almost like this! Thank you for the suggestion, Amanda, and I’m sure this will be a great activity for everyone involved.

14 Likes

I like either suggestion. Just let me know when and where to post and I’ll be there!

9 Likes

I’m on a delayed timezone (GMT-8) so I had to make sure to get up early :candle:

I pulled my daily Tarot card and it was Judgment!, a card that features the Archangel Michael (the archangel of Fire) blowing his horn which is kind of appropriate for this flametending devotional.

it’s also about rebirth and resurrection which makes sense to me at this time of the year.

I’ll be burning the flame of resurrection today! Blessings! :sparkles:

15 Likes

Passing on the torch

17 Likes

Oh lovely @Francisco & @AliceInWonderdab, great start to the tradition! I don’t mind running the wiki if @amanda5 doesn’t have the time to do so or doesn’t want to do it. Just let me know! I will post a picture tomorrow after I light my candles in the morning.

9 Likes

My hearth.

17 Likes

Beautiful flame @Francisco! You too @AliceInWonderdab! And I Love your hearth @wendy4!

12 Likes

Just lovely!

10 Likes