🏞 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Practicing With Nature

I have done something similar to this spell! It works wonders! I spent time with a sugar maple by the dollar movie theater. When Covid hit, the theater closed, and I wasn’t allowed to go visit anymore. Miss it. We’d sit together both before and after and sometimes between movies. I’d give the tree water and talk about the movie I saw or ask its advice and get answers! Sometimes it would draw the right person to meet me while under the tree.

I’ll admit, I learned to communicate through the roots of trees from another nearby tree, but it didn’t seem like my friend was jealous.

11 Likes

My day didn’t turn out the way I thought, so I will be doing this on a catch up. The god’s were with me though. My daughter’s A/C went out today and she would have thought my ritual did it!

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I work with nature all the time in my practice.

I go for walks everyday and while walking I am always looking for rocks and flowers or herbs that will work in my practice. When picking plants for use in my practice I always ask permission from the plant to take a few leaves or flowers for use and thank them for providing them for me.

There is a beautiful wooded are surrounding my property and I frequently just go sit in the middle of the woods and listen to nature. I will talk to the plants/trees and the birds and animals I hear. I thank Mother Earth for the beauty around me.

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

With winter approaching fast, i have turned to nature’s larder for ways of boosting my imune system before the cold and flu is once again doing the rounds. I have been making these “shots” that I take in the morning:

Fresh ginger - is an anti-inflammatory and anti oxidant
2 lemons and 2 oranges - full of vitamin C which is needed to fight infection
1/4 tsp turmeric - anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and regualtes the immune system
Sprinkle of cinnamon - fights bacteria
Sprinkle of cayenne - can clear sinuses and respiratory paths
Sprinkle of black pepper - enhances nutrient absorbsion

I peel the oranges and lemons and put them through the juicer
I peel the ginger, chop it up and put it through the juicer too.
I then add the powdered ingredients and i just put it in the blender to give it all a good mix.
I then pour into little shot bottles and keep them in the fridge for each morning.

They certainly have a kick!

Blessed be

Alan

11 Likes

Challenge entry- it’s that time of year again and one way I always incorporate nature into my practice ever year is by scooping out a small pumpkin and using it as a cauldron :cauldron: to burn my herbs :herb: and send my wishes to the Gods. I would say my cauldron is probably one of my most used tools. :witch_pentacle: :purple_spell_candle: :consecrate_spell:

9 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

Tuesday, September 17 at 7:00 AM ET (Eastern US Time)

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so.

Blessed Be! :national_park: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge for Amethyst:

Hey y’all! I found this lovely meditation for Grounding to Gaia on YouTube this week and did that. It didn’t have as much of a Gaia element at I would have liked, but it was lovely and grounding. Hope you like it!

9 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Pin page (pinterest.com)

For the beauty of the earth, For
the brightness of the heavens,For
the love from birth
it is above and around us—

Mother Earth We praise You, Him
it is our hymn of gratitude.
For the miracle of every hour, Her
day and night, Hill
and valley, and tree and stream, Sun
and moon, and stars of light—
We walk, live and breathe in your arms
We call your details for help
for wealth prosperity power grounding meditation
Mother Earth, you are the beginning of everything, you are our strength!
I salute you!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry #2 - Practicing with Nature

I went for a run today and decided spur of the moment to do the last two miles on a local wooded trail. While I was on the trail, I remembered the incredible American Beech tree last December while searching the woods for a Yule log

and decided to find her again. When I saw her, I immediately realized this should be the first local spirit I should connect to and the plant spirit familiar I should summon.

American Beech (Fagus grandifolia):

• Grounding, wise, and protective.
  • Beech trees are long-lived and represent wisdom, stability, and the strength to weather storms. They are protectors of sacred spaces and bring a deeper connection to the land and ancestral spirits.
  • Its spirit is one of resilience, longevity, and community, often connected to deep grounding and strong roots.

I spent some time quiet, listening to the sounds of the woods with my hand upon the bark of the trunk. After asking permission, I sat at the base to connect to the tree spirit.

After several minutes of meditating, I opened my eyes to look down at my feet and discovered the remains of an owl pellet. I have been putting together my first osteomancy kit recently and read that an ethical source of animal bones (and local ones at that) is owl pellets. It seems more than a coincidence. I gave the tree some of the water I had brought as an offering.

This connection seems stronger, more comfortable, and fitting as my primary plant spirit familiar. This particular tree is easy to visit as she is less than a half mile from my home but I also have a younger but no less beautiful American Beech right in my backyard.

I’m excited to take some solid first steps into creating a bioregional practice and working with spirits of the land. :deciduous_tree:

9 Likes

@MeganB so jealous of yalls weather! It was luckily only 97F here today! Which is the coolest temps in months as well around here lol

8 Likes

My entry again lol. This soul capture method really speaks to me

When someone passes bury the body and plant a tree over the grave the tree should trap the sprit or the soul of the person.

7 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :national_park: :sparkles:

7 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Award Post for the Nature Magick Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you

8 Likes

haha well soon it will be in the negatives overnight and the early 10s-20s in the morning so I don’t know how jealous you should be :rofl: I live in Maine so the winters are pretty cold!

5 Likes