šŸŒ€ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Reading Auras

So I spent yesterday afternoon & this morning looking into empath abilities. Then I ventured into learning how to see auras. I searched through sites & Pinterest & found information about how to do it & then when you do see an aura, what the color means.

I started with my dogsā€¦ Iā€™m home with my daughter but she is sleeping. I didnā€™t want her to wake up & it is weird with me gazing at herā€¦ it just seemed like an awkward situation to wake up to. Sparing her that, I went back to my room. I have 1 dogā€¦ the mommaā€™s boy laying next to my side of the bed. The other one, heā€™s the mommaā€™s boy that wonā€™t admit it, is next to me on the bed.

At first, I tried to soften my gaze on Moomers (a nickname for Moonshine, I have always had a nickname for him unless he is being ā€œfantasticā€) I then took some deep breaths & focused my softened gaze on his upper shoulders, neck, head area. Lucky for me he was laying on a black background. Once I got relaxed, I removed my glassesā€¦ another lucky thingā€¦ I am not wearing contacts today. I softened the gaze & then (this is hard to explain, but this is what has really always worked for me) I was focused on Moo but kind of, acknowledging my peripheral vision area & the things that are there without focusing on them. Mooā€™s shape was there & then around the top of his head, neck, shoulders was a white band. Of course, as soon as my brain realized that I was seeing a color field, it got excited & Mooman came right back into focus.

So, I kept my glasses off & turned to Alphie. He has taken it upon himself to make sure that every morning he jumps up on my bed when my husband leaves. He snuggles right up to me & just kind of hangs out with me until Iā€™m done with my morning whatevers on the bed. TV, computer, BOS, BOM, he stays there as long as my primary area is in the room.

I kept my glasses off & turned my gaze to him. I faced towards his head but I was mainly focused on just him laying next to me. Then I softened the gaze & started paying a little bit more attention to my peripheral vision again keeping him in the center. As I relaxed & kind ofā€¦ gently gazed at himā€¦ there it wasā€¦ a yellow band.

I have done this before. I canā€™t be completely focused on the person or animal. Itā€™s kind of a thing I do but I never knew when it would happen or anything. I kind of thought because of my eye issues that it was something to do with them. I can remember seeing things like this throughout my life unintentionally & not all the time. It would just kind of happen. I see them almost through my peripheral vision. So hard to explain because it just kind of happens.

I went to Pinterest & did a search for Aura Colors. I found this image & a few others that I saved to my Witchy Stuffs board.

Moonshineā€™s white band would be purity, newness, spiritual, truth. If you met him, you would totally understand. He is just so happy & loves his people & making friends. He also likes to antagonize & instigate Alphie. Everyone needs a past time I guess. :joy:

Alphieā€™s yellow band would be positivity, joy, learning new things, harmonious. I feel like that completely explains him too! In his own special way, he brings those things to the house & the people he lets get close to him. He is very loyal & can be protective or a healer. I say that because the last few weeks, I havenā€™t been able to shake these 2. If I lay down they all but fight over who gets to lay behind my legs. Itā€™s really funny to watch them. They are like kids stealing each otherā€™s spots.

12 Likes

@Susurrus congrats on seeing your dogs auras. It is an amazing experience and you should be very proud of yourself.

6 Likes

Thank you for the information and thank you for all the interesting stories. :slight_smile:
I may have to give this one a try. Iā€™ll have to watch some of those videos for sure.
Blessed Be.

8 Likes

Thank you, I was talking to my friend & itā€™s definitely a lot easier to do when I donā€™t realize thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing. Wanting to do it was more difficult. I had to try to remember what is happening when I donā€™t realize thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing. Luckily my dogs are pretty good at laying in one spot in the mornings with me.

6 Likes

I donā€™t usually see colors so much as just a thin haze around people. I have noticed one thing in consciously doing this is that when I think about doing it, it doesnā€™t seem to come as easy, as if maybe Iā€™m overthinking it. I tried seeing my own in the mirror and I just couldnā€™t but I will be practicing. Mostly I feel peopleā€™s energy and it affects me, especially negative energy, wears me out quickly. Incidentally when I was a kid amd I mentioned it to my parents, I got taken to the eye doctor :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Here is the link for My weekly challenge entry in this weekā€™s challenge hopefully itā€™s relevant enough considering I have accepted the fact that reading auras is not one of my gifts :woman_shrugging:t3: Iā€™m okay with that though.

6 Likes

I thought, I am going to be the one who canā€™t see it. I can never see those Magic Eye poster doo-hickeys. So I tried, let my eyes slip out of focus andā€¦

OMIGOSH I LOOK LIKE A GLOW STICK. I just never looked before! Holy moly! I hope I did it right. I was looking in the mirror with the lights out. I left the room and went back to see if it was still there. Yup! Now I want someone to see my aura who is experienced because I saw a white glow and I understand white is pretty rare. So maybe I didnā€™t do it right. My eyes are old, I wear contacs. Who knows? But man! My heart is beating so fast. That was soooooo cool. It was literally like a glow extending about 2 or 3 inches from my head and shoulders. I also saw my forearms ā€œglowā€ but with less extension.

I thought maybe itā€™s my old eyes so I held up a shampoo bottle and a box and they did not have auras ā€“ at least none, that I could see! I am going to keep experimenting with this with different backgrounds. When I used to sell fine jewelry, we used velvety black or white backgrounds. Especially white with the pearls. I want to be sure I am looking at auras and not shadows.

I also tried rubbing my hands together and bringing them slowly to see if I could ā€œseeā€ the color of this energy. I see something filmy and grayish white, like steam or a cloud. I will keep practicing.

I would love to hear your thoughts about the following ā€“ do you think there are layers? Have you seen any?

I read about auras in ā€œPractical Magicā€ by Nikki Van De Car. According to this author, auras have layers that blend into each other, and it may be hard to distinguish the layers. She says they reflect your inner state so they can change (I guess like a mood ring?) I believe she is drawing from Theosophic teachings/traditions. I do not know if they are ā€œlegitā€ or not. But I do like this author. Each is associated with a Chakra. The layers are, according to her:

1. Etheric - closest to the body, about 1 to 2 inches from your skin. Can look clear or muddy depending on your state of mind.
  2. Emotional - 3 inches from body. Can be blotchy.
  3. Mental - 8 inches from the body.
  4. Astral - about a foot from the body. More like your higher self. She says when you are in love, it glows pink. I wonder?
  5. Etheric Template - About 2 feet from the body. Dark blue.
  6. Celestial - About 2 and half feet from the body. Shimmery. Pastels. Commuication with the Divine, spiritual realm.
  7. Ketheric Template - (Crown Chakra) - Gold, web-like. Where the intuition resides. Emotional connection to Spirit. Strongest aura.
9 Likes

I might have seen this one while I practiced with the mirror using the technique @Susurrus describedā€¦ clear but clearly there at that distance, kinda flowy, in the way heat can look on the surface of a road on a hot day or a fire pit for example! :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

:100:

Thatā€™s what I saw :eyes: & couldnā€™t really describe around my pups :dog: :dog2:

Like a flowy band.

7 Likes

I wasnā€™t able to see actually the aura colors of the customers at work or while I was out shopping. But like always, I was able to sense what they were feeling and I assigned a color or colors to their auras. I donā€™t think that oneā€™s aura is strictly a single color since our personalities are layered and our emotions can vary day by day.
At work and out shopping, a lot of the colors I ā€œfeltā€ were various shadings of gray :white_circle: mixed in with other colors. These people seemed anxious, possibly from preparing their kids to go back to school and from other things going on in their lives that Iā€™m unaware of.
Curiously, one guyā€™s aura made think of the colors yellow and dark gray. :white_circle::yellow_circle: The yellow seemed to be trying to push out the dark gray. So, maybe this guy was going through a rough time (dark gray) and better times were coming (yellow).
I ā€œfeltā€ that the happier people had auras of pink :cherry_blossom: (no pink circle so hereā€™s a pink flower), blue, :large_blue_circle: green :green_circle:, and violet :purple_circle:.
There was a young girl at work who got mad at me because I wouldnā€™t sell her a pack of cigarettes without an ID. She looked underage and even though she ā€œpromisedā€ that she was old enough, I knew I would get in trouble for not checking the ID of someone who would very much looked underage (I guess that she was 14 or 15).
Her aura was red :red_circle: and dark gray :white_circle:, but mostly red. I think this means that she was trying to hide some pain or anxiety through her anger.
I tried reading my own aura at one point, and at the time I could ā€œfeelā€ the colors green :green_circle:, blue :large_blue_circle:, and with a little bit of white :white_circle:, which I interpreted as feeling grounded (like the green plants in the Earth) and peaceful.

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad you found such a great therapist, @CelestiaMoon- and thatā€™s a really interesting point about how energy bodies interact. I definitely agree that being close to someone with positive energy is a wonderful feeling, while proximity to someone with a more, well, icky energy is awful :sweat_smile: Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom!

Congrats to you on your aura readings, @Susurrus! And a round of applause to Moomers and Alphie for helping you with your aura work :dog: :two_hearts: You have some wonderful helpers- Iā€™m glad they were able to help you dig deeper into your aura readings!

Absolutely, @Colin! If you decide to give aura work a try, feel free to share how it went- wishing you good luck! :blush:

Oopsies, @Peaches- I donā€™t think the eye doctor could do much about magickal sight, as itā€™s not something that needs fixing! It sounds like youā€™ve always had a natural talent for sensing things, and how amazing that you can see a haze! Thanks for sharing your story, as for the energy of others wearing you down, have you considered Empath Shielding? :shield:

Thanks again for sharing your entry, @phoenix_dawn- and great job giving aura reading a try! I mentioned it in the other thread, but I really donā€™t think you need to see something in order to be adept at aura reading. I think youā€™ve already got a great talent for sensing! :heart:

Thatā€™s amazing @mary25- congrats to you! It looks like you unlocked your ability to see aura colors, and youā€™ve got quite the talent for it too! :partying_face: Iā€™ve seen a few sources that explore layers of colors, but I believe thatā€™s a much more advanced realm of aura reading. It sounds like youā€™ve already surpassed the basics, though, so I wish you all the best as you explore your aura reading abilities! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love how you explained sensing the colors (rather than seeing them), @Kasandra- I think you described it much better than I did! :grin::+1: You have a very strong intuition to allow you to feel the colors so clearly- even in those who have multiple layers. Thanks so much for sharing your experience- I hope you enjoyed delving into aura readings!

8 Likes

Weā€™ve covered many different types of magick over the past year of challenges- but out of all of them, Aura Reading has likely been the hardest one for me yet :sweat_smile:

Like several others have mentioned- aura reading is not a big part of my practice. Iā€™ve squinted and meditated and tried both focusing hard and not thinking about it at all, but alas- to date, I have not been able to see any aura colors when I look at people :woman_shrugging: .

While part of me thinks that a shame (from reading othersā€™ experiences, it sounds like a really cool ability to have! :blush:), another part of me thinks that just how it is. Every magick user has different talents and varying abilities- and thatā€™s absolutely fine!

Although I wonā€™t continue trying to see aura colors, this challenge helped me to become more aware of how I sense auras- aka the energy, moods, and overall character of people around me. I believe this sense is how auras present themselves to me.

Intuition is a big part of magick- we use intuition when reading tarot or other forms of divination, we use it to time spells and to know what spells to cast, to sense the energy around us :sparkles:

Iā€™ve done plenty of work building and enhancing intuition when it comes to divination, but my practice tends to be very personal and I very rarely do intuition work when it comes to sensing other people. This challenge opened my eyes that perhaps I cannot see auras (or even sense them as strongly as others) simply because I havenā€™t devoted much time to developing that magickal sense.

Iā€™ve realized that I have a lot to gain by working on enhancing my intuition about reading others, and in turn, building my ability to sense (and perhaps even see someday!) auras- something to focus on going forward! :grin:

9 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 17th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :cyclone: :heart:

6 Likes

Same here! I could read others energy like a book. Itā€™s a feeling Iā€™ve always had. Then as I look into their eyes, thatā€™s a given! Growing up, I thought that everyone had this ā€˜feelingā€™.

7 Likes

Hehehe :sweat_smile: oh wow thatā€™s made my morning :joy:

You did a wonderful job!!! Iā€™d love to meet you Moonshine and Alphie!!! :heartbeat: And thanks for the Pinterest pic bc Iā€™m saving that!!! Swiper, no swiping!! :grin:

7 Likes

I could never do those either and I hated it because I was the only one in my family (siblings) who couldnā€™t do that stupid stuff!! Lol
But now Iā€™m the one that can and they canā€™t! Na na na boo boo!! :rofl:

:star:Yes! The different names of auras are correct!! I was going to add them and the corresponding colors to my entry but I ended up forgetting. Theyā€™re correct anyway!!!

8 Likes

Hehe, I do :heart:+ :white_heart:= pink lol but thanks for the entry, I love how you saw colors with emotion.

8 Likes

I think Iā€™ll catch this challenge during a catch up week. I didnā€™t have time to do anything yesterday, what with all that reading I was doing. LOL! I donā€™t want to just slap something together, especially since I need to research more for auras.

6 Likes

This is absolutely a thing in my house, especially with the kids. :joy:

7 Likes

Mine too :joy:

8 Likes