🪨 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Rock Magick

Challenge entry

I went with an easier one this time. Instead of a new rock friend, I grabbed a crystal that felt right, made a warm drink, put on some relaxing music, and “tried to just exist,” as my partner and I put it.

The palm stone is green fluorite.

This calming stone helps focus, increase clarity and clears away the fog on the path toward really understanding self. This brings a wiser, more balanced view of life and improves decision-making. The Fluorite crystal’s power to bring clear inner and outer vision enables you to manifest ideas and bring plans to fruition like never before.

For those struggling with attention deficit disorder or learning difficulties, Fluorite’s healing properties work to enhance concentration and quieten and soothe the mind by removing mental blocks and diminishing distractions…

Physically, Fluorite is also a powerhouse. It is used in crystal healing for blood brain hemisphere, cough, neck cancer, pain, joints, respiration, food intolerance, mobility issues, anti-viral, pineal gland problems, posture, nerves, inflammatory diseases, colds, flu, insomnia, and RNA/DNA issues. – https://www.unearthedcrystals.com.au/

And the pentagram is rimmed with obsidian.

Known as the “psychic vacuum cleaner,” Obsidian is your spiritual home cleaning service, giving you the energy to sweep the emotional rubble and debris from your past. The bodyguard to your soul, the Obsidian crystal can also protect you from inner darkness, by sharpening and focussing internal and external vision and acting as a mirror to your inner self. Meditating with obsidian can help you get in touch with those inner demons and buried issues before they explode in a potentially head shaving, umbrella wielding meltdown. – https://www.unearthedcrystals.com.au/

I’ve been listening to this playlist. I thought the “tree” concept was quite earthy.

I can’t say I’m feeling great, but I’ve been having my partner follow me around, both to keep me snug and to help me with things that are hard for me to do right now. I accidentally cut my hand open, so I needed some help washing my hair, for example. :laughing:

15 Likes

Weekly Witchy Entry for Amethyst:

I have a lovely little citrine crystal ball I set on my desk for creativity and inspiration. I decided to write a chant to charge it up when I am writing.

Spell for Writing

I call on the spirit of citrine,
to bless me with creativity.
Send me the spirits of Air and intelligence,
so that I may write with clarity.
Bless me with new ideas,
to give me a boost.
Thank you for helping me with my Muses.
And for giving me the strength to keep on writing!

Blessed be!

Hope y’all like it!

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I’ve missed a few challenges, Loki’s got me going here, there and everywhere at the moment. So if it’s ok, this is rock magic, will it do? :person_shrugging:

Here is a ritual to tap into the energy of :haglaz: using stones. :green_heart:

15 Likes

@Phoenix_rose send me another picture of that rock I’ll try to id it

13 Likes

Thank you! I will send that tonight!

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

When I was searching for a rock, I found a reddish brown one among a pile of others. I was wondering if that was the one that I should take home with me and on a cue, I heard a bird that I couldn’t identify. I took that as a sign.

Deciding what to do with the rock was a little challenging, but I decided to meditate with the dragon Orbron to cleanse my root chakra after all the stress I’ve been under.

Orbron, by the way, is excellent to work with when it comes to your root chakra. The first time I invoked him, I felt a heavy weight there that caught me by surprise, but I’ve adjusted to it, now.

15 Likes

For this challenge I made a luck spell jar. Along with many herbs it also included a black tourmaline and a tigers eye.

The black tourmaline is used for calming anxiety and also used to take away negative energies.

The Tigers eye combines earth and light energy. It is frequently used for grounding.

And the spell jar did work! I had amazing luck for what it was intended for!

11 Likes

@john1 here is a better pic. Hopefully you can identify it!

12 Likes

This is what I found but still looking

But also yours looks like has a clear quartz in it

@Phoenix_Rose

13 Likes

Yes, it does have clear quartz in it.

13 Likes

Challenge Entry
Decided look in my library of witchy books. I settled on my
Scottish Witchcraft: A Complete Guide to Authentic Folklore, Spells, and Magickal Tools Scottish Witchcraft: A Complete Guide to Authentic Folklore, Spells, and Magickal Tools - Google Search
It is a good book and the 6th chapter is entitled: Staff, Stone and Earth. She talks about wishing stones and them having unbroken lines around them. So i have a vertically stripped stone and though i would use that.
The instructions were: take your index finger and chant:
I make a wish upon this stone,and call the magick to be sown.

Then i tsays to keep it on a shelf to remind you but i will be carrying it on my person as a means of grounding and connecting with the wish.

I also manged to wash this Clear Crackle Quartz. I have been drawn to also cary it around with me. I need some aura cleansing after eclipse season. I am grateful that it has come to an end :pray:t3:

Clear Crackle Quartz represents white spiritual light and is associated with the Soul Star Chakra and aura coating is associated with cleansing your aura. It amplifies your intentions powerfully while inspiring abundant harmony and joy.Clear Crackle Quartz

I love collecting stones and crystals :quartz_crystal:

Thanks for all your entries. I always enjoy reading all your experiences. Grateful for this coven

10 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose I use the app called healing pal to identify my stones. You can subscribe but I don’t. You can use it free

11 Likes

Challenge entry

For this one, I went a bit astray, as I went into a science loophole and read about the earth and rock formations :woman_scientist:t2:

I found out many intresting things some i could not understand but ok my knowledge in physics and chemistry is limited :rofl: I mostly looked into how crystals form and gemology, the science behind gems

https://opengeology.org/Mineralogy/4-crystals-and-crystallization/
https://letstalkscience.ca/educational-resources/stem-explained/what-a-crystal

https://www.gia.edu/gem-encyclopedia

12 Likes

challenge entry

I was about to go out this week to find myself a local rock but it started to snow again and I got the flu so I’m like okay… I love stones, gems and rocks.

I got these two precious ones from my significant other. He went to the local crystal shop by himself and brought home the biggest gemstones I’ve ever gotten. Bless him he didn’t know what stones to buy and went for what he thought was pretty and cool. I cherish these rocks especially bc they’re from my loved one. He picked them with intent and love.

I also did research about what kinds of rocks, minerals and gems we have naturally in Sweden and I learned there is only one place in whole Sweden where it grows Amethysts. It’s in a national park - Lake Ärten so you’re not allowed by law to bring home any from there.

We also got tiny bit clear quartz in the northern parts of Sweden but they’re not that “clear”. They’re in the mines of Kiruna which is hiiiiiiigh up and faaaaar away.

So the local crystal shop will do for now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Amethyst cluster and Carnelian Agate

12 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to all those who joined in for some stone-themed magick this week - you rock! :laughing: :heart: It’s been a delight seeing all of your boulder buddies, pebble pals, and excellent Earth magick. Thank you so much for joining in to explore this week’s theme!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :rock: :sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Award Post for the Rock Magick Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

11 Likes

Hello, after you reached out, I remembered my friend is married to a geologist. :crazy_face:. I sent her the pic and, based on the pic, she said it was a metagabbro with garnets. It explains why I like this rock so much. It had a great energy!
She said she would have to see it up close for a better id.

13 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)