šŸ§‚ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Salty Spellwork

There are many magical uses for salts and it is the most powerful tool a witch has. I personally use black salt and Himaleus salt when performing rituals/casting spells, for protection and for manifesting. Sea salt is what I use most often for clearing my energy and the energy around me.

I usually do baths but you can take a salt shower too! For a salt shower just gently rub sea salt on your body covering as much as possible then face the water and as you step into it visualize all toxic and bad energy wash down the drain. My husband chants a mantra while washing the salt off of himself and there is no wrong way to do it. When I bathe in sea salt and water I notice the effects almost imediately. It gets rid of all the energy pollution I might have absorbed from communicating with other people. Sea salt will destroy evil slander and the negative vibrations of outsiders. Evil forces are said to be scared of salt. I soak in 1/2 cup sea salt and a tub full of warm water three times a month for 20 to 30 minutes. I probly sound paranoid (haha :laughing:) but my step son is an empath so It is extremely important that I remain mindful of my energy and not pass anything toxic or harmful along to him :white_heart:
I enter my bath with the intent of dissolving all toxic and negative energy from me and sending it to the light to transform it into something for the good of all. I say something like this: " I cleanse away all of my negative energy and thoughts. I now release and send all negativity to the light". As I am soaking Iā€™ll say something like: ā€œI fill myself with positive energy. I fill my heart with love and lightā€ Then right before I get out Ill give thanks and say: " I give gratitude for my peace ".

image source

(NOTE: Itā€™s very important to dispose of salt that soaks up negativity and bad energy by either burying it or disposing it by flushing or washing it down the drain)
I also sprinkle sea salt on my floor before I sweep and say:
ā€œAs I sweep the ground with this salt all negative energy shall be boundā€
then Ill say:
"I ask all energies that are not of love to be transformed for the highest good of all " as I sweep up the salt and bury it or wash it down the drain.
I also keep little bags of salt hidden in my car and change it every month to keep that energy clear, which my husband finds funny but oh well, its ok! Iā€™ll just keep doing me. :crazy_face: :blush:

-Much love and Many Blessings

14 Likes

I use salt regularly for protection and cleansing of negative energy with my herbal remedies. I use salt in my routine to balance, cleanse and purify my energy and aura.

My relax and recharge bath includes a cinnamon , ginger spice with epsom & sea salt , 3 fresh tangerine cut in quarters, honey and a peppermint tea potion ( use fresh herbs or tea packets of choice, recommend sleepy time tea for relaxation)

the second image is my forgiving peppermint bath patties also made with epsom and sea salt .

8 Likes

Large batch of cinnamon, ginger enchanted bath salts. - protection , cleansing of negative energy and purification of aura

And the one more picture of the forgiving peppermint bath patties with the fresh peppermint

15 Likes

I love that idea, @Eliza_Beth :+1: Salt is perfect for cleansing, and as a ā€œtool of the homeā€ it does seem to work extra well for protecting and purifying the home :house:

I second @Amethystā€™s idea for feathers and fans- great ways to draw on the Air element! Other things to consider could be Citrine, a yellow candle, or drawing on the air Zodiacs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius). Good luck! :blush:

Beautiful ideas and tips for Salt Magick, @moonshadow :heart: There is something very powerful about sea water- itā€™s a potent healer as well as a purifier :sparkles: Your chants are lovely, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! :raised_hands:

I LOVE your bath patties @JasmineTheBlueJ- they are so cute! :heart_eyes: It is clear that salt plays a key role in both your Kitchen Witchery as well as your lovely bath magick- thanks so much for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Mmmh! Salt. The ultimate cleanser. I use salt on pretty much everything I do. I feel that it is a natural and magickal way of cleansing and protection. For this week challenge, I prepared my own Black salt. I used coarse sea salt, ashes from incense and herbs I previously used, Rosemary, and egg shells. I used my mortar and grind the ingredients while setting the intention of protection. I use my own black salt for protection spells or if there is a need for me to use salt. I like to put a line if salt on my windowsill and doorway. I find it very magical to use it. I havenā€™t been able to use salt in my cleaning baths because of allergies, but it is my main ingredient for ritual baths.

9 Likes

Really enjoyed this challenge. Hereā€™s the separate thread for my challenge entry:

8 Likes

Thank you for including a salt shower, I donā€™t have a tub and was wondering how to incorporate salt in my shower :pray:

8 Likes

I was thinking maybe you could lather on a salty paste and then wash it off in the shower. :thinking:

10 Likes

you can make enchanted shower steamers

10 drops essential oils ( your choice base on intentions )
baking soda
epsom salt
sea salt

spray salt mix lightly with h20 until substance is like a wet sand

press into small balls or small muffin pan, let dry in sun ( extra sun energy ) 24-48 hours

then place in shower

11 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

6 Likes

Today I just watched a show about how important salt is. And OH how important! Even The salt In our own bodies help control our heart muscles to keep beating. The salt in our bodies help the impulses in our brain to fire. Absolutely amazing this mineral really is!
I am so lucky to live by the #1 source of salt,
The Ocean :ocean::cupid: that in itself is medicine enough, and maybe this is a sign that I need to see her very soon! :ocean::sun_with_face::ocean:
I need a good Beach Day :beach_umbrella:

10 Likes

You can do a salt bath just by laying and letting the waves wash over you! That would be wonderful, Iā€™m so jealous!

8 Likes

For this weekā€™s challenge I started with the Oceans charm spell but I couldnā€™t focus entirely because I couldnā€™t stop crying and in usual pain in the rear demeanor my estranged husband decided to do even more pain in the rear rear things to get me stirred up (because I had used the phone to do my guided meditation just before casting I had forgotten to put the do not disturb option on with everything else on my mind) needless to say I was feeling every which way but confident about my spell seedling and decided the next morning to release it and start again.

So after modifying the spell a little, last night once more I did my meditation, made sure I had enabled DND and cast my circle both with my wand and a circle of salt around my space. Then I set up my tools the way the spell instructed me to do. I did not have 2 green candles though so I used a white one inscribed with a different sigils for attracting money and dressed with A low tide mermaid wish oil blend that I found courtesy of Moody moons. (Iā€™m not sure why but when I went page to the page I found it on it wouldnā€™t load but Iā€™ll include the link for someone else to try but itā€™s lemongrass, eucalyptus, lavender and spearmint) to call upon the power of the sea as I would already be calling upon Lady Luna and the strength of the full moon and I rolled it in a dust made of ground cinnamon, ground ginger and dried powdered jasmine flowers and did the same with the 1 green candle I Did have (which btw was coconut lime and it smelled amazing with the oil and herbs I chose). My thoughts were since Iā€™m a water sign (cusp of Gemini/cancer) and the tides are controlled by the moon and Iā€™m ruled by both the water and moon then I should gain more strength by asking both for assistance. Living in north Alabama I donā€™t have an ocean close enough to walk to for my ritual so instead a filled a small vase (which currently serves as my chalice on the mini altar) with aventurine and smoky quartz infused moon water (sea water that I made with dead sea salt and set out to collect water during a very intense thunderstorm and later charged under the full moon) and added a drop each of green and blue food coloring and 4 drops of the low tide blend mentioned earlier and placed the white tealight candle I was substituting for my green candle in the mouth of the vase on top of the sigil paper the had the same sigils as my candle and then made my circle around the candles with Epsom salt, tiny seashells and sand from a beach in Oregon that was sent to me by another witch I was trading items with (which was a strange experience for me because growing up on the gulf coast of Florida until I was 13 beach sand was whiteā€¦ Or so I thought. This Oregon beach sand looked like blended salt and black pepper and was so soft) and added a small cement crab talisman that I keep with my purse sized travel altar for quick and quiet manifesting. I then lit my sage/citrus scent incense stick and then my 3 candles. I arranged my candles so that they had a stair step effect to symbolize the small steps that Iā€™m taking towards my new chapter in life and focused my intentions and allowed the spell to be done as suggested in the original spells8 version. While my candles burned I sipped on the tea blend I had put together for my ritual (rose petals, jasmine, catnip, rosemary, lemongrass, skullcap and ginseng root) I envisioned myself sitting under a full moon on the beach shore with a gentle waves crashing against my body and carrying my wishes with them out to sea and bringing back blessings when it returned. The also envisioned the breeze surrounding me doing the same thing as the wind swirled around me in a green haze.

While I was visualizing my intentions manifesting into reality I worked on phase 2 of my challenge entry. The chakra salt bottle. I made salts that were the cooresponding colors to all 7 chakras and layered them in a jar as a pretty decoration for my new mini altar to help me stay grounded and balanced

As the candles burnt out they did so in the same manner I would have climbed the steps so as if each step I cleared the light of the candle would go out. (Shortest to tallest, each lasting a few minutes more than the one before it) until I finally felt I could snuff out The remaining candle. But hereā€™s where the twist goes. I then took a jar which I had cleansed with sage smoke and added the salt, sand and shells from the circle around the candles and the sea water from my chalice as well as an old top hat monopoly piece (to represents lifeā€™s luxuries, a costume jewelry engagement ring that I wore due to swelling during my sonā€™s pregnancy a couple of years ago also representing luxuries) 3 of each type of coin (pennies, nickels etc) a monopoly hotel (represnting the home I wish to find with the money I receive), a glass rune that I made myself with the ā€œfehuā€ sigil and the sigil paper from under my chalice and a petition with my intentions written on itā€¦ And then I added a little more beach sand just to make it a bit more beachy lol. I capped the jar and sealed it with wax from my ā€œdressed for successā€ coconut lime candle. Then I strung a few little charms on a green thread (a nautical compass, an opalite bead with a four leaf clover etched on it, a moon/star charm- that is the identical match to one I wear on my anklet and also the one adorned on my wand- a mermaid, and a shell) and wrapped the thread around the jar tying it together end to end to represent the ebb and flow of the tides, the continuous circle of life.

Followed up today by a House cleansing ritual
Resulting in sweeping salt from my floors and then mopping them with a solution made of thieves vinegar, lemon juice, pine essential oil and the above mentioned crystal infused moon/sea water to clear my momā€™s home of all the residual garbage left from spellwork gone wrong, harsh words, painful memories and day to day nastiness

:star2::star2:There are so many recipes used in this spell that Iā€™d never be able to end my post if I shared them all at once so if you want the recipe for anything I used in this challenge entry feel free to ask and Iā€™ll share it with youā€‹:star2::star2:

6 Likes

@phoenix_dawn hi lovely spell first off but as I was reading this jumped out at me. Some of the herbs are not good during pregnancy. I double checked just to be sure. Please be careful with them.

6 Likes

Can you provide the measurements on baking soda and salts? Thanks for sharing the shower steamers. Very helpful.

5 Likes

@crystal24 thanks for the heads up. I added very little catnip. It was basically just a sprinkle of dust to spark the little sedative properties. I usually sub peppermint in place of it.

5 Likes

Ok glad you took precautions. Herbs are great for many things but can be dangerous too. Hope your day is going well

6 Likes

hello - Here is an adjustment on the shower steamers recipe

1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup sea salt
1/4 cup epsom salt
10 + drops each of your choice of essential oilā€™s
spray with water tell wet sand texture

8 Likes

Iā€™m pleased with how things turned out for this challenge. It took a little bit of preparation, but thatā€™s half the fun!
While I was writing the chant, I was having trouble thinking of a word that rhymed with brine. In the end, I chose the archaic thine and ended up making the entire chant sound Shakespearean. :laughing: I think I might write future chants with archaic words. They sound more magickal (and powerful), to me.

Side note: why did we ever stop using thou, thee, thy, hast, and shalt? They sound beautiful.

Anyway, here is the spell I wrote. Feel to add it to your own BOS!

Full Moon Banishing Spell With Himalayan Pink Salt

1 Black Candle
White Sage Smudge Spray
1 Spoonful of Himalayan Pink Salt
A Cauldron
Paper
Pen or Pencil
Black Tourmaline (optional)

1. Cleanse The Air With White Sage Smudge Spray, Turn On Dehumidifier And Collect The Water From The Basin. Alternatively, You Can Use Moon Water. Pour The Water Into A Glass Jar And Add The Pink Himalayan Salt. Let The Salt Dissolve Over The Next 12 - 24 Hours.

2. Write Down On A Piece Of Paper What You Are Banishing (Anything But A Living Being).

3. Set The Paper In The Cauldron.

4. Pour The Brine Into The Cauldron And Form A Circle Of Black Tourmaline.

5. Light The Black Candle.

6. Visualize The Brine Dissolving What You Wish To Banish And Say The Following:
    With the banishing power of this brine,
    I wash thine negative energy all away.
    Thou are not welcomed to stay,
    Take thy leave through mine own door,
    thou shalt not trouble me anymore!

7. Leave The Paper In The Cauldron Overnight And Dispose Of It The Next Morning.

9 Likes

My challenge entry has changed from what I initially thought that I would do.

Salt has been used to ward off negativity & for protection for at least hundreds of years. Salt has been used in many traditions & religions over time for different things.

Spilling salt is considered bad luck, but to reverse that luck throwing a pinch over your left shoulder is what should be done. When people (back in the day, usually men) came home from a funeral or other death related instance, the inhabitants (usually women who were home to tend to the children & other domesticate items) would toss salt on the doorways or over the personā€™s shoulder who is returning to keep evil spirits from entering the home. It has been said to blind the devil & anything mischievous that he has planned.

One of the reasons that this superstition has been so enduring and widespread is that salt has long held an important place in religions of many cultures.

• In Brahmanic, sacrifices and during festivals held by Semites as well the Greeks at the time of the new moon, salt was thrown into the fire to make crackling noises.[14]

• Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans invoked gods with salt offerings. Some people think this to be the origin of Holy Water in Christianity.[15]

• In Aztec mythology, Huixtocihuatl was a fertility goddess who presided over salt and saltwater.[16]

• Salt is an auspicious substance in Hinduism used in ceremonies like house-warmings and weddings.[17]

• In Jainism, an offering of raw rice with a pinch of salt signifies devotion, and salt is sprinkled on a personā€™s cremated remains before burial.[18]

• Salt is believed to ward off evil spirits in Mahayana Buddhist tradition, and after a funeral, salt is thrown over the left shoulder to prevent evil spirits from entering the house.[19]

• In Shinto, salt ritually purifies locations and people and piles of salt are placed in dishes by the entrance of businesses to ward off evil and attract patrons.[20]

• In the Old Testament thirty-five verses mention salt, some examples are:

• Lotā€™s wife was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at the Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:26) as they were destroyed.[21]

• When the judge Abimelech destroyed Shechem he is said to have ā€œsown salt on it,ā€ (Judges 9:45).[21]

• The Book of Job mentions salt as a condiment. ā€œCan that which is unsavory be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg?ā€ (Job 6:6).[21]

• In the New Testament, six verses mention salt, examples include:

• In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus referred to followers as the ā€œsalt of the earthā€.[22]

• The apostle Paul encouraged Christians to ā€œlet your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with saltā€ (Colossians 4:6).[21]

• In Catholicism:

• Salt is mandatory in the rite of the Tridentine Mass. [23]

• Salt is the third item (which includes an Exorcism) of the Celtic Consecration, or Gallican Rite, employed in church consecration.[23]

• It may be added to the water ā€œwhere it is customaryā€ in the rite of Holy water.[23]

• In Judaism, it is recommended to have either a salty bread or to add salt to the bread if this bread is unsalted when doing Kiddush for Shabbat. It is customary to spread some salt over the bread or dip it in a little salt when passing the bread around the table after the Kiddush.[24]

• To preserve the covenant between their people and God, Jews dip Sabbath bread in salt.[15]

• In Wicca, itā€™s symbolic of the element Earth. It also cleanses an area of harmful, negative energy. A dish of salt and one of water are on most altars, and salt is used in many rituals

Spilling Salt Wikipedia

We are not having a traditional service for my mother. Once I receive her remains, we will be getting together for a dinner to remember her with those closest to her. Once I have them & bring them home, I will be practicing the tradition with salt & do a ritual with it to keep her remains safe in my home & to keep my safe for my family also.

7 Likes