šŸŒž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick

@Susurrus That sounds like a lovely meditation idea, Siofra- itā€™s that time of year here where every bit of sunlight is really appreciated! I hope the weather continues to be nice and mild and that you find a lovely and warm spot of sunshine to enjoy :sun: :blush:

@Kasandra So many choices! :laughing: Thanks again for such a great challenge idea, the possibilities really are endless. Looking forward to seeing what you choose to do! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Jem1 No worries, Jem- itā€™s been really cloudy lately here as well! Sometimes solar magick is less about drawing on outside sunlight, and more about fighting the fiery light of life within :sun_with_face: Good luck and have fun with it! :two_hearts:

@Janis Nice choice, Janis! :clap: Looking forward to hearing about your Solar Plexus Healing- good luck and enjoy! :sparkling_heart:

@MeganB Ohhhhhh~ canā€™t wait to hear about it! :heart_eyes:

@Amethyst That sounds like great timing- I hope the book will have some fun and creative ideas for you to consider! :yellow_heart:

@Jessica72 Youā€™re very welcome, Jessica- it sounds like youā€™ve got some great ideas to pursue for solar magick! :sparkles: I donā€™t think youā€™re alone about having a focus on moon and night energy- moon magick is definitely one of (if not the) most popular aspects of magick :full_moon_with_face: I know you dug very deep through the shadows for last weekā€™s challenge, so I hope this week helps to nurture your beautiful inner light to burn ever brighter :sun_with_face: And PERFECT card to draw for the challenge- you are really in tune with your deck! :raised_hands: Good luck and have fun!

9 Likes

Sun Magick
Most of the Ancient cultures practiced sun worship in one form or another. The Aboriginal cultures of Australia still do at times.
Many of the Native American peoples practice a ā€œSun Danceā€ as a way to honor the sun as the Great Spirit, as well as to bring the dancers visions.
There were many ancient Deities associated with the sun, Ra from Egypt, and Horus. Huitzilopochtli (Aztec) was a warrior god of the sun.
Off the top of my head I donā€™t remember any more (although I did cheat and look up Huitzilopochtli name because I couldnā€™t spell it, my bad).
As far as practicing sun magic, I do make Sun Tea and havenā€™t harmed anybody yet. I never can remember, sugar first or tea, oh well. Good Luck every one.
Much love and many blessings
Garnet

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing your solar magick wisdom , Garnet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And no worries- I think I could study that name for a semester and Iā€™d still struggle to spell it! As for the Sun Tea, sugar or tea whatever works for you- when itā€™s made with love Iā€™m sure it will always turn out delicious :sun_with_face: :tropical_drink:

Many thanks for sharing! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Wait a minute! Is that a mimosa in that pretty glass? Iā€™ll take 2 please.
:tropical_drink:
:sunny:
:tropical_drink: :
:beach_umbrella: :zzz:
Garnet :partying_face:

12 Likes

I like this challenge ā€œSolar Magicā€, just not too sure how much time I can devote to it though. Between my different families if I will make the deadline, although I will do my best as I can.

Blessed be
Debra

12 Likes

:sun: Solar Magick Challenge Entry :sun:

I know that it sounded like I had this great idea, but then it was like I forgot what I wanted to do until it was in the low 60s-ish today :sun: instead of 20 degrees lower, as is normal for this time of year hereā€¦ anywho :woman_shrugging:

I got myself changed & brought my Palmstones of Clear Quartz & Black Tourmaline with me. I placed my chair :chair: in my backyard where the sun was shining the brightest. I got comfortable & slipped off my shoes so my feet were planted in the grass with some, what looked like mini-clover.

I did the guided meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: to Meet Your Tree Spirit Ally. I held the Clear Quartz in my right open hand & the Black Tourmaline in my left open hand. I have had to really work on protecting & cleansing my energies the last few weeks & I have finally gotten to a place where I can feel what works. :star_struck: The sun kept me warm & the only coolness that I felt was at the bottoms of my feet where they were in contact with the land, but that faded in & out depending on where I was at with the meditation. I will have to do it another time also, itā€™s a really great meditation & really pulled me into it. I donā€™t know how else to describe it :thinking: but the feelings, sights, sounds, feelings were there.

I could feel the crystals each with their own qualities settling into my hands in the sunlight. My bare hands were very comfortable. Then when it was time to come back, I did so slower than I usually do & when we got to the part where you open your eyes, it took my eyes a minute to focus on the here & now. Also not sure how to describe it :flushed:

Once I was finished, I walked around my backyard then back up to the house. When I got into the house, I settled in & have been feeling pretty good ever since. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@debra2 please donā€™t worry too much about meeting the deadline. Take care of yourself first & there will be another chance to tackle this challenge in a few weeks. We will all be here for you when you are able to return, or whenever you need us to be. :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

12 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you, I will try and I will be taking some self-love and self-care. I do realize that Iā€™m at a time where I need, to take care of myself, so I will. Thank you all for being so kind and thoughtful at this time,

11 Likes

Challenge entry:

Part 1:

Oakey dokey artichokeyā€¦ firstly I wanted to act upon the amazing information shared with me by the beautiful @BrightBear to work with my Solar Plexus Chakra so I followed the link to the Third Chakra Ritual to complete the guided meditaion.

Hereā€™s the link to see the incredible information that was so generously shared with me by our @BrightBear: Physical reaction to healing spell?

Ok, so with all of my Lupus medication I canā€™t be out in direct sunlight for excessive periods of time, so I decided to utilize my most favourite time of the morning where I feel most at peace to do my meditation and spell work outside in the early hourā€™s morning sunlight (around 5:30am). (I start work early so Iā€™m always up early on my days offā€¦ no rest for the wicked :rofl:) No incense, no music, just me, the Sun and Mother Earth.

During the meditation I decided to rest a piece of citrine -I added an affirmation to my citrine crystal ā€œI release myself from the pastā€ (for a boost in self-esteem and to bring about a more vibrant and positive flow of energy throughout the body) in my hands while using the ā€˜Dyhanaā€™ placement for my hands (for inner peace and tranquillity).

I really felt that my meditation went well. I felt so calm. The citrine was absolutely buzzing with energy. I felt the energy move through me. Coming out of the meditation was slower than usual. It took a little longer than normal. It was just so nice sitting out in the sunshine.

I would also like to share these twoā€¦ I did these after my meditationā€¦

These came from The Little Book of Earth Magic: Connect to the Magic of the World around You by Sarah Bartlett

Part 2:

ā€˜Ritual to Embrace the Self-Confidence of the Sunā€™

Self-awareness and self-acceptance help us to acceptance help us to accept and be more aware of others and the whole of the planet in turn. Solar energy magic enables us to be more confident in ourselves whatever our strengths and weaknesses, and to shine in whatever we do, allowing others to shine in their own way too. This Sun salutation will enable to you to connect with the Sunā€™s empowering energy, so that you can spread sunny joy all around you.

You will need:

• 3 gold ribbons or twine
  • 1 piece of Tigerā€™s Eye - I added an affirmation to my tigers eye crystal ā€œI acknowledge my own self-worthā€

1. On a sunny day, walk outside and find a private space where you can perform your Sun salutation. Then bind the three gold ribbons in a plait or a braid, and repeat: ā€˜Solar light, bring me your grace so that every day I am aligned to your power, and in touch with my true self.ā€™

2. Now place the tigersā€™ eye on the ground and encircle it with the gold plait.

3. Sit cross-legged before your solar offering and raise your arms above your head and your face to the sky. Make sure to close your eyes and avoid looking directly at the Sun! Bow forward and let your arms touch the ground. Repeat this five times, and then sit in a comfortable position again.

4. Repeat the above incantation and your tigerā€™s eye will be charged with solar energy. You can now carry it with you as a talisman and it will aid you in creating positive results and joyful times. Place the gold plait in a box for safe keeping. You can repeat this ritual anytime you need a boost of solar self-confidence.

This ritual felt amazing. The bowing felt so natural and peaceful. I do admit it felt so good. I did it twice.

Part 3:

ā€™Sunflower Spell for Self-Esteemā€™

This practice is best carried out in an outdoor space where the Sun will shine full down on you at midday. (Please wear appropriate Sun protection when working in this way.) If thatā€™s not possible, you can create a special space in your home by attaching an image of the Sun to a wall or ceiling.

You will need:

• 60 centimetre (2-foot) length of golden twine or ribbon
  • 12 sunflower seeds

1. If you are working outside, let the Sun shine on you and open yourself to its power. Next, lay the ribbon or twine in a circle and focus on its centre. Imagine it to be the world; then imagine it to be the Sun or a sunflower waiting to burst into bloom.

2. Now place the seeds, one by one, into the middle of the circle to represent the twelve signs of the zodiac through which the Sun passes.

3. Repeat the following charm to bring yourself personal fulfillment and give goodness to the world at the same time: ā€˜ā€™With this sunflower circle, I bring myself the joy and light of all that is in the universe.ā€™

4. Sit for a moment in gratitude, then unwind the circle, take the sunflower seeds and store them safely away. Keep the seeds in the same place for twenty-four hours to promote all aspects of the Sunā€™s power for renewed self-esteem.

This spell felt so good. I just sat so quietly with my mind at peace, following the steps. I think that I may plant my little sunflower seeds to add a little brightness and cheer to my garden.

I had such a beautiful morning. Denzel came to join me to enjoy some sunshine. Togther we soaked up the warmth like little lizards.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my entry! Hope those spells/rituals are of use to someone else too!

12 Likes

@BryWisteria and @Kasandra thanks a lot for bringing up this challenge. We take the sun for granted sometimes, and even more when you live in a place without seasons. Itā€™s really a good time to be grateful to the God Sun and bring its energy to our lives :slight_smile:

Iā€™m thinking of activating my solar plexus by doing the meditation recommended + sun salutation tomorrow :sun:

I wish you all good luck with what youā€™re going to do!

Blessed be :sun_with_face: !

11 Likes

Hey Garnet!

We indeed have had venerated the God Sun for centuries. For example, in my country (Colombia) one of our ancestors ā€˜The Muiscasā€™ used to worship the God Sun called ā€˜Soachaā€™, and thereā€™s a whole story behind it. In fact, thereā€™s a town called Soacha and on the other side another town named ā€˜Chiaā€™, the Moon Goddess for the Muiscas, and in between, you can find BogotĆ”, the capital city and the place that I was born. I find it interesting now that I think of it, looks like a good place for a witch to be born, haha.

Thank you for your love and blessing, sending the same back to you :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I have storming up ideas for this challenge!
Jeannie

11 Likes

Shoutout to @phoenix_dawn for the idea of making sun salts!

I havenā€™t made them yet, but I will for Yule. I changed the ingredients a bit and added my own chant. My best friend collected some herbs (dandelion petals for one) during the fall and gave them to me as part of my Yule/Christmas present.

Yuletide Sun Salts

You will need:
Sea salt
Orange peels (or orange essential oil)
Dandelion petals
Ground Ginger

1. At dawn on the winter solstice, gather your ingredients.

2. First, add orange peels and say:
    The Wheel of the Year turns
    Second, add dandelion petals and say:
    The great solar dragon (or The God or the name of a solar deity that your work with) returns
    Third, add ground ginger and say:
    The days become bright
    Finally, add sea salt and say:
    Spring is in sight

3. Set the salts in the sun and leave them there until sunset.

4. Use them as an offering to the newborn solar dragon (or any solar deity of your choosing) or in spellwork at Yule.

15 Likes

Great idea and wonderful recipe, @Kasandra!

This challenge was for me a great excuse to go find some sunlight, when itā€™s typically cloudy here during this season. :sun:

I shared this super interesting Wikipedia article on a separate topic, about solar deities around the world:

The one that most moved me was Aten from ancient Egypt. I wanted to share this PDF with a hymn to Aten, god of the Sun written by Pharaoh Akhenaten around 1300 BC.

When you set they die;
You yourself are lifetime, one lives by you.
All eyes are on [your] beauty until you set.
All labor ceases when you rest in the west;

Continues:

https://uh.edu/honors/human-situation/survival-kit/study-aids/Hymn%20to%20the%20Aten.pdf

12 Likes

Thank you! I do love my Egyptian Pantheon!

10 Likes

How wonderful that you can reach back to such a wonderful heritage. Iā€™m Irishā€¦we couldnā€™t even grow potatoā€™s

11 Likes

@Kasandra thank you for the shoutout but credit actually goes to my daughter because she found the original recipe while she was researching salts and their uses.

11 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry for the week. I designed it to be used any day but Iā€™ve got to admit Iā€™ll probably be using it on the Solstice. Itā€™s based on the concept that the sun is born anew each day.

Take your favorite solar drink, tea, orange juice, mimosas, what have you, and toast the sun as it comes up with the following prayer:

I bid welcome to the Newborn Sun!
You give joy and laughter and fun!
Thank You for bringing a return of the light,
for warming us, and for marking an end to the night.

Every day You climb up high
and watch over us from Your place in the sky.
Your birth each day gives us new challenges to meet,
You are strength and courage and fiery heat.

I ask you, Infant Sun, to grant us health!
Give us hope and enchantment, and donā€™t forget wealth.
Bless us with your infinite light!
Protect us from harm and strife!

I welcome You, Infant Lord!
Whose blinding rays I turn toward!
I offer You thanks for all You give
and ask for Your blessing on us as long as we live!

Blessed be!

16 Likes

I knew for this challenge I wanted to consecrate a talisman with sun energy because I have been moody and low on motivation as of late and I find wearing something reminds me to shift my energy. I found a beautiful sun charm at Jo-Ann Fabrics that was $5. I like how it has a moon in the center.

I used the Spells 8 ritual for consecrating talismans to charge it. I set intentions that this talisman will help me be energetic, positive, motivated and creative. After doing the spell, I wear it for five days. I am so happy with it.

This was my first week working in my new sacred space. It was a 2021 resolution of mine to create a sacred space in my home and I am happy I did it before the year ended. I added a sun ornament to the space this weekend. It was marked down to $5 at Jo-Ann! :slight_smile: Talk about abundance!

My Yule present to myself was this wonderful altar stone which the artist (Marcia Stewart on Etsy) kindly made for me.

I really liked the sun salt recipe posted by @phoenix_dawn for this challenge! I used it as the salt component in the talisman consecration. To make it, I used a blend of table salt, kosher salt and himalyan pink salt, chamomile, orange peel and cinnamon, all of which I had on hand, so that was easy. It smells wonderful! I will be using these salts in baths and spells to increase my optimism as the holiday blues are starting to get to me. I am also going to use them when I light my Advent candles tonight.

I really need sun energy in my life right now and now I think I will be better at tuning into it and making it an integral part of my practice. Thank you so much for posting this fun challenge!

17 Likes

@Amethyst. I LURRRVE this (really love it) and I am going to add this to my Solstice celebration when I wake up. Youā€™re such a gifted poet! Thank you!

10 Likes

@Francisco, that is lovely.

10 Likes