šŸŒ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon

Iā€™m sure a cat can tell the difference, being a creature of night and all! :smile_cat:

Itā€™s been some time since I last made moon water, Iā€™m excited to make some again! And moon oil too, thatā€™s a new one for me. And I think I have just the recipe to combine those two! :white_heart:

8 Likes

A curious question popped into my headā€¦ would it make any sense to mix moon water from different moon phases?

9 Likes

Oh thatā€™s a good question! Iā€™m curious as well! :thinking:

7 Likes

Sounds like my cat. I just have the one window in my apartment that gets good light and heā€™s always jumping up to see what Iā€™m doing in his window. LOL

9 Likes

Full Moon Characteristics :full_moon:

• Emotions, Creativity, Love, Relationships, Removing Psychic Blocks, Protection, Good Luck, Self-Confidence, Abundance, Energy, Animals

Crystals/Minerals/Gemstones :full_moon:

• Moonstone, Labradorite, Clear Quartz, Selenite

:full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face: :full_moon_with_face:

Chaste Moon / March 28th 2021 :full_moon:

• AKA Seed Moon, Crust Moon, Worm Moon
  • Spring is here!
  • Cleanse spaces, Mental clarity
  • Motivation, Luck, and Power spells
  • Aquamarine, Bloodstone
  • Green, Yellow, and Purple

Seed Moon / April 26th 2021 :full_moon:

• AKA Pink Moon, Wind Moon, Egg Moon
  • Reflect, evaluate, and keeping track of your path(s) in life
  • New Ideas, Growth, and Changes
  • Career, Power, Money, Love, and Improvement Spells
  • Selenite, Quartz, and Agate
  • Red, Yellow, and Blue
9 Likes

It sounds like you have many exciting things in store for the full moon, @Susurrus! I hope any ritual or spell you choose goes well, and that you have a wonderful time making Moon Water! :full_moon: :droplet:

May your Moon Oil bring you many blessings, @AliceInWonderdab! Enjoy :sparkles:

Ohh noo @Kasandra! Perhaps your kitty thought the Moon Water was much more tasty than the water in her bowl :joy_cat: A good idea to put it up high this month!

Awesome information on this and next monthā€™s full moons, @Missa- thanks so much for sharing your wisdom! :blush:

Ohhh @CelestiaMoon, that sounds exciting! :star_struck: I hadnā€™t considered combining Moon Water and Moon Oil- would you mind sharing the benefits/properties of that combo? Iā€™m very curious to learn more! :full_moon:

I would say it depends on your purpose and your skill with mixing potions :urn:.

Knowing that each moon phase has different magickal properties, each Moon Water could be considered as a separate ingredient or element of the spell. I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t mix and match to make a blend that suits the purpose of your spell.

For example, for someone hoping to Get rid of the negative energies of an ex, they could consider:

-1/2 bottle of Waning Gibbous Moon Water (banishing, cleansing)
-1/4 bottle of First Quarter Moon Water (healing, dealing with the emotion of love)
-1/4 bottle of Full Moon Water (power boost, spell enhancement)

[Picture from Spells8 Moon Magick]

Iā€™d say the idea of mixing Moon Waters can help fine-tune your blend to exactly suit the needs of your spell! It opens the door to many new possibilities. Thanks for bringing this up, @CelestiaMoon! :grin: :full_moon:

9 Likes

Thanks for putting this together :relaxed: if I canā€™t remember or donā€™t have it in my BOS, I google it. So thatā€™s a big help.

7 Likes

Yes thanks @CelestiaMoon I was curious about this as well.

7 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, and thank you @BryWisteria for the detailed explanation! :full_moon_with_face:

Iā€™m intending to mix a smooth and creamy emulsion out of the Moon Water and Moon Oil using an emulsifier, Iā€™ve done it a couple of times before now with regular water and oil and the color and consistency reminds me of the gentle light of the Moon :blush: I have just the essential oils in mind too, Iā€™ll show you some pictures and a recipe when itā€™s ready! :white_heart:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness it sounds stunning! :heart_eyes: I hope you have a wonderful time making this moon-blessed mixture. Canā€™t wait to see the pictures and recipe when itā€™s done! Enjoy :full_moon: :heart:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Iā€™m excited to see what you come up with & the recipe for it! Iā€™m sure you will do a great job! I canā€™t wait to hear more about it!

6 Likes

Lol well I guess your cat is now a really Witchy Kitty!!

7 Likes

Ohhh lovely :heart_eyes::blue_heart:

Iā€™m posting tomorrow about the full moon in Libra so Iā€™ll use that as my entry if that is OK?

:rice_scene:

7 Likes

Coven Friends,
For this challenge I will use the full moon oil. I am going to be ready for the next full moon!

I even got some charms for my bottles! You should see my bottle collection! I have a lot of bottles! I go to thrift stores or to the dollar Tree for mines!

Know I just need to get my spell ready for the full moon! Which charm is the best for the full moon oil?
Jeannie

12 Likes

@Jeannie1 , i love it! Great collection of charms.

8 Likes

Walter,
Thank you, Walter I think it was a trick question in regards to the charm I use. I donā€™t know yet, because I like them all! Lol I like The Triple Moon charm in regards to the maiden, mother and crone. I like the Pentagram or Penticle used to invoke or banish forces. The Divine Feminine, itā€™s the creation and power of the Goddess symbol, so maybe Iā€™ll just decide depending on the spell I incorporate. I also like the Triquerta
Sacred Symbols: Triquetra & the Power of ā€œ3ā€
Thanks they are all very nice pagan symbols!
I am a lucky girl with so many blessings in my life! I feel so blessed!
Jeannie

7 Likes

That is a nice collection of charms & I have a ton of bottles & jars as well. I should try thrift stores for them, thatā€™s a great idea! I have a bag of charms too I just canā€™t put my finger on where they are at right now. I have some things planned for the full moon, but nothing too crazy. Iā€™m more playing catch up from doing the shadow work & not being able to do much the past few. The weather just wasnā€™t playing nice on the nights of the moon. Iā€™m excited to make some moon water & get my crystals out there though.

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 Iā€™m sure any of the ones you already have in mind will do nicely. Something might still stand out for you and thatā€™s the perfect one! A lovely collection of shinies and I like the bottle too! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you for the wealth of information @BryWisteria , using the link you provided the full moon for me is Sunday at 2:50pm. I will make moon water as I am running low, bathe my crystals in the moonlight while sitting them in the sand I gathered from my getaway, then Iā€™ll do the Worm Moon ritual and meditation.
Looking forward to enjoying the evening.
Blessed Be Infinite Roots!

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to be doing the Worm Moon ritual and journaling from the site, it looks good and I should have everything I need. But I also wanted to share this picture. I got a tapestry for my living room off Amazon for twelve bucks! It makes me feel better because I canā€™t see the Moon from my apartment.

13 Likes