šŸŒ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon

Unfortunately, I canā€™t see the Full Worm Moon because itā€™s windy, cloudy and rainy tonight.

Yuck!:persevere:

I had to cleanse myself and my space beforehand because my sister brought a cloud of negativity when she came to visit this weekend. Letā€™s just say, sheā€™s not a very supportive person and tends to find fault with me onā€¦ a lot (and she wonders why I donā€™t talk to her that much).

Today, she upset me when she said that I shouldnā€™t be caring so much for my cat because itā€™s just ā€œa stupid animalā€.

Um, excuse me, my cat gives me unconditional love. Sheā€™s not ā€œa stupid animalā€ to me. Maybe the reason she doesnā€™t like my sister that much because she sense the negative energies surrounding her.

Anyway, I altered the Full Worm Moon ritual to call on the Elemental Dragons. Iā€™ve set a goal to drink less soda and to make more progress on writing my first novel.

I then cast the Cord Cutting Spell, as suggested by @BryWisteria in order to achieve these goals (choose tea or flavored water instead and to stop procrastinating my evening writing session).

I then said a prayer for my sister to become more empathetic and less judgmental towards me.

Have a blessed Full Worm Moon, Infinite Roots! :full_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

Yuck! I had two of those sisters! Nothing could be mended in those relationships unless I wanted to be the one to conform to change. Change is nothing I fear but I prefer to change in my own way not forced by others. So I send much support to you in the situation. Maybe your sister is jelly of your fur baby??? :rofl:
We also are alike in the sense of writing, I am or have been in the process of writing my first novel as well, but I am at the moment at an impasse, hopefully Ill get past soon.
Blessed Worm Moon to you as well,

5 Likes

So for my intention I want to generate ambition in my life. Fight negative self talk and be a happy living being. I also want to stay grounded and do self-care the main thing is to love myself.
I turned to the goddess oracle deck and books set by Amie Sophiaā€™s MARASHINSKY and illustrated by HRANA Janto.

There was a poem and a mythology and the meaning of the card and some ritual suggestions for Hecateā€™s journey of perspective and this help me because then I decided to go deeper and learned all about Hecates correspondences. I am glad to learn more about her she keeps coming up.com, and thought about kristamoon and how she said she likes sunflower :sunflower: oil. Thank You for that.
Here is a list of Hecate Herbs By Cunninghamā€™s encyclopedia of magical herbs. Berry Witches Berry It ruled by Saturn and the element is water and for the ritual used to aid her in worshiping.

Cyclamen-Planet Venus element water deity Hecate powers fertility protection happiness list helps protect the sleeper and no obnoxious spells that can have an effect on one. It is also said to remove grief from the heart.

Dandelion masculine planet Jupiter element air Hecate powers divination wishes calling spirits.

:garlic: Garlic Gender masculine planet mars element fire Didi Hecate powers protection healing exorcism lust anti-theft ritual uses garlic was eaten on a festival days to Hecate and was left at the cross roads as a sacrifice in her name. It is said to be extremely protective. When evil spirits are about bite into garlic to send them away or sprinkle powdered garlic on the floor.
Hecate-hemlock gender feminine planet Saturn element water magical uses another poisonous plant hemlock was once used in a magic to induce astral projection and in spells to destroy sexual drives. Itā€™s juice was rubbed onto magical knives and swords to empower and purify them before use.
Mandrake-poison gender masculine planet mercury element fire powers protection fertility money love and health magical uses house protection fertility and prosperity when there is mandrake demons cannot reside in so the route is used in an exorcism to activate a droid mandrake root to bring its powers out of hibernation place it in some prominent Location in the house and leave it there undisturbed for 3 Days Then put it in a warm water and leave overnight afterwards the route is activated and may be used in any magical practice the water in which the route has bathed can be sprinkled at the windows and doors of the house to protect it onto people to purify them the mandrake has also long served as a puppet in image magic but itā€™s extreme scarcity and high cost usually forces the magician and the witch to look for substitutes ash roots Apple.
There are like four more but thatā€™s what I found.
For the cross roads I asked Hecate to help me make a decision inspire me to drop all my bad habits.
I used these stones
Turquoise for health and well-being. To promote happiness!
Goldstone- Ensures a good future and being realistic ambition stone which was perfect for my intention.
Obsidian Hecate stone sulfur flexion protection growth the good the ugly and the bad. I accept myself but always want to do better I see my negative patterns in my life but I just have a hard time with commitment.
Onyx- Let it all go protection, release, calm
Tourmaline- Gives me strength from feeling drained. Helps with my self sabotage mode helps me to remove energy that is negative and helps me recharge myself.
I also use pussy willow because I know Hecate likes pussy willow I know itā€™s good for divination purposes. I will charge my full moon oil and decided to go with the triple moon for my lucky charm. I also took a bath :bathtub: and used Relax Witch! :bath:

Blessed be
Jeannie

5 Likes

Tamera,
I think your alter looks great not only that your writing is getting much better! I donā€™t know if you been doing your journal entries every day or what but I am seeing a lot of change in your writing lately. Being able to express your self is so important and I think you have a lovely talent for that. I mean I think you may not see it but I see so much growth in your craft. I just wanted you to know that!

I was listening to this guy I think you might be interested because I have always wanted to channel energy and didnā€™t know exactly how to do it. This would be something I am going to do soon hereā€™s a little video if you like to check it out. [Witch in the workings invocations ] (https://youtu.be/tDqr3Mj9Uv8)
Blessed be!:sparkles:

5 Likes

AliceInWonderdab,
Let me know how it goes, I hope your spell works! My hair is very frizzy! Itā€™s a pain Iā€™m not sure what kind of oil to use for it!
FYI I got my nail decals! All pagan symbols I canā€™t wait to show off my nails!
I love that book you recommended too! Itā€™s so good I could not stop reading it! Yoga for witches!
Adrienne did a moon yoga session it was fun I incorporated it before my bath ritual!
Moon ritual for Yogi Witches
Jeannie
Love :heart: & :candle:
Jeannie

6 Likes

Absolutely @Abs53! Your informative Full Moon in Libra post is a wonderful entry to this challenge. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beautiful moon oil, @Jeannie1! You have such a lovely charm collection too. Really well done! :heart:

What a great find, @Amethyst- everything about the tapestry is perfect! :heart_eyes: Now you can see the moon and its many phases whenever you want :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Looking good in the greenhouse, @Susurrus! May spring come soon so your gardens can thrive :seedling:

Canā€™t wait to see your full moon magick, @steph! :blush:

Nicely done, @CelestiaMoon! I hope the moon water and moon oil came out well- may they bring you many blessings! :heart_decoration:

Uh-oh! Perhaps thereā€™s something not quite right with that moon calculator, @praecog29! Apologies- maybe best to stick with the one on your phone :+1: And wow, that is quite the candle collection! And such a lovely gift from your wife. She is so supportive! :relaxed:

Congrats on your first full moon ritual and first crystal grid, @Jewitch! :partying_face: Iā€™m so glad to hear it went well for you and helped bring more confidence into your practice- great job! It sounds like the coyotes were cheering you on too :blush:

Wise advice, @AliceInWonderdab! It is a good idea to care for ourselves and be sure of where we are in our headspace before beginning rituals. Emotions and energy within us definitely affect our spellwork! :sparkles: Wishing you the best of luck with the hair growing spell- may Anubis grant you His blessing! :pray:

A very warm welcome to you, @heather28! :hearts: Such a beautiful crystal grid- you did a really great job! Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a blessed full moon :grin:

You really thrived on the full moon energy, @Rowan- I am in awe of all the wonderful things you accomplished! Great job with the cleansing and cleaning. It sounds like both dinner and the meditation went wonderfully- Iā€™m happy for you! :blush: May the blessings of the full moon and Her energy continue to fuel and inspire you over the coming days. Blessed be!

Oh dear, so sorry about your sisterā€™s negativity @Kasandra. You are strong for sticking with what you feel is right and not letting her heavy energy bring you down. I donā€™t know them personally, but I am sure your kitty is wonderful! :cat: :two_hearts: I hope both the Cord Cutting Spell and Prayer work well and bring you the results you seek. Wishing you the best of luck with your soda goal and novel- love and light to you! :sparkling_heart:

Gorgeous, @Jeannie1! :heart_eyes: May negativity leave you be and may ambition flourish for you- so mote it be! Thank you for all of that wonderful information as well. It sounds like you had a great full moon! :full_moon_with_face:

8 Likes

For the first time since moving here, we had some clear skies and I was finally able to catch the Full Moon from the apartment window! :star_struck:

My partner and I sat and watched it for a long while. I only realized this morning that I forgot to snap a picture of it! Oh well, the city lights make it tough to catch the moonā€™s beauty anyways :sweat_smile: :city_sunset:

Despite feeling a bit of Moon Exhuastion, I decided to set out some Moon Water before I went to bed last night. I could have sworn I had a nice little container with a cork, but alas- it was nowhere to be found :woman_shrugging: Luckily Iā€™m planning to have a nice Full Moon bath soak with this water this evening, so it wonā€™t have to wait open on the altar for long :grin::bathtub:

I have this big circle mirror that I decided on a whim to place behind the moon water last night. With minimal direct light, I imagined the mirror would help to capture the moonā€™s glow and focus it into the moon water. Weā€™ll see if this batch turns out stronger than previous batches! :grin:

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, a delightful Full Moon, and that the coven is doing well!

Blessed be! :full_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Well done to all Full Moon enthusiasts who have shared their lovely entries so far! :sparkles:

Friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: March 30th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :full_moon: :heart:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful :heart: I love it . Maybe I should look into getting one bc I canā€™t see the moon from mine either I have to go outside grr

7 Likes

I did an Aries Super Moon tarot spread from Zenned Out and with the deck, Native American Oracle Cards:

Then I inscribed Iā€™m a fierce warrior and used my warrior goddess oil and light a red candle to represent the warrior in me. And I journaled about why Iā€™m a warrior and how that became. I then wrote my intent and burnt it to send it out into the universe.

8 Likes

I actually used the moon on Saturday night to cleanse and charge my crystals & to make moon water because the weather here wasnā€™t going to be good for Sunday night. So I made moon water & cleansed/charged my crystals on Saturday night then on Sunday night I made it an evening. We can see the moon starting around 7pm in my backyard & it lights up around the house. I did a resurrection ritual with a Rose of Jericho & an Agate egg. I put water and springtime flowers/herbs in a larger bowl. I put the Rose of Jericho in a pie pan. After I bathed the agate egg & massaged the egg with the intent of shedding that which doesnā€™t serve me any more & setting my intent for friendship & love to come surround me I used a couple of cups of the bathwater & put it into the pie pan to encourage the Rose of Jericho to open. As it was sitting in the water I thought about what it was that I wanted to bring to the new season & what I wanted in my life. I dried off my egg & placed it on my altar then put the rest of that water into a sealed jar to keep feeding the Rose of Jericho over the next week or so. Then it gets a day of rest from water next Sunday.
(Ritual from Tamed Wild at Tamed Wild Subscription Boxes

8 Likes

@Jewitch , thatā€™s great you had such a wonderful experience with the ritual. It also looked amazing. May your intentions come fourth.

Blessed be

6 Likes

YAY!!! Iā€™m so so SO pleased about this entire message :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

So I did something a bit different than Iā€™d intended but the timing and everything was just so right I couldnā€™t ignore the signs!
I seem to have no luck with hair growth~I mean I feel Iā€™ve been trying to grow it long for decades and itā€™s barely at my shoulders. So I thought why not cast a spell.
When I did a little research i was led to the God Anubis (or Anpu) and how working with him on a full moon with the following ingredients (some of my hair, five red rose petals and an envelope with intention inscribed)
Under the moon I go, relaxing mind and meditating till reaching desired state.
I then call upon the powerful God Anubis, Anpu with a prayer to action (itā€™s quite long but to sum it up Iā€™m basically asking for forgiveness for breaking spirit alignment which is responsible for my hair not growing and begging he helps with the promise to conserve my energies and love myself~to call in the right combinations that are attracted to me and above all make my hair grow vigorously)
As I complete the last sentence I remove the petals and hair and release them into the nite wind.
I then thank the gods, (moon et all) and leave my offerings for Anubis (dark rye bread and a dog toy)
At my altar I light a white candle and burn the envelope while mediating on my long locks.
And so mote it shall be
:black_heart:

8 Likes

@Amethyst ,what a beautiful tapestry! Great buy!

5 Likes

Merry Meet @heather28! Glad you joined us for the Supermoon!

Yep. Even during the day, which is nice.

I was going to get a painting but it was just so expensive. Then I found this tapestry and itā€™s right up my alley! Glad you like it too!

Thank you! Glad you liked it!

What I did for my Full Moon was the Ritual from on-site complete with journaling! My intentions are to do more ritual work rather than just praying. I want to work more magic, you know? Thatā€™s my intent. I took a picture but it was as the candle was almost burned down so I hope you can see it okay.

I was also playing some aura cleansing music and hand a silver candle going for the full moon. It was a nice relaxing evening!

6 Likes

Last night was finally warm enough to do something outside. So on my back porch I had a fire in the fire pit and set up outside for the first time! I did the ritual recommended for this month. My intention was to be more disciplined and make better use of my time and talents. I used the little sheet provided with a green candle and my crystals, did the pentagram tarot spread (which came out with a good result!). Drank wine from my chalice with a little chant to the moon. And i got an amazing picture of the moon as well! Still very much a baby witch and just learning. But it was amazing to be out in the fresh air and the moon light on my little area!

7 Likes

Being new to the site, I have found the information on the website as valuable in aiding my spell casting. I used the drawing down the moon spell in conjunction with a spell to banish negative thoughts. I have been having a lot of self-doubt about my work. I found the only thing standing in my way was myself (per usual). Today I found myself to be in a positive space and feeling very supported at work. I also did some spell chanting when walking the dog at 4 am prior to going in. I am going to incorporate this into my daily routine.

Hereā€™s the levity portion of my using the strength of the full moon. The most challenging aspect of my circle casting is doing so in a 23 foot travel trailer (where I live during the week). I cast the circle around the entire trailer. My alter sits upon a bamboo lid for a container. I used a wooden chopstick to cast my circle and a leaf for my air element. My spell also included burning a black candle upside d I am own to repel negativity and, I used a rock for grounding my energy and casting away the negativity I have been experiencing. I had to cut a door in the circle to cast out the rock into a body of water. Upon returning I cut a door to re-enter my circle. I forgot I was using my chopstick wand to do so and found myself laughing at what the neighbors might think. It was at that moment - I felt super lite from the letting the weight of my worries go.

6 Likes

Hello wonderful Coven,
I decided to do a money spell on this Worm Moon. My unemployment benefits are about to run out- even tho I am working a couple days per week, itā€™s not enough to sustain me
Therefore, my benefits are crucial, even tho itā€™s not much. However, it does help to have them and combine it with a couple days of work. The last money- abundance spell i did was around Mabon, so itā€™s been awhile.

Searching for answers and help was what brought me to Wicca almost a year ago, around this time. Even tho I was very green at it, and before i discovered Spells8. I did an abundance spell to help me receive my unemployment last year. ( When some of the money came in, i was amazed and relieved because i had no idea how i was gonna survive the lockdown.)

For the Spell, i used a white candle and dressed it with money and Frankincense oil. I crushed some herbs. Bay leaf, basil, Rosemary, Sage, and Cinnamon. I wrote a piece of paper with the amount of money i need. I melted some some wax over the paper and stood the candle over it. I meditated and prayed to the Goddess while watching the flame, until candle burned down. Once the candle burned down, i lit the piece of paper in my cauldron. Once the ashes cooled, i let the ashes fly away into the universe while i looked and thanked up at the moon.

I also made moon-water, put my tools and made black salt and put outside for the moon to charge.

Overall, it was a great moon ritual. I missed the last few. Only thing I always do regardless is make moon-water and charge my tools.!
Thank you.
Blessed be.

20210329_223638_HDR_(1)|440x500 20210329_232517_HDR

9 Likes

@BryWisteria , your moon ritual looks amazing! Iā€™m sure itā€™s charged with so much Magick.

Blessed be.

6 Likes