🩄 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Bestiary

Mythical Beasts, both beneficent and malevolent, abound in Scandinavian myths. In Iceland, we have little homes snuggled safely into hills to shelter Huldufolkid (the little people), oftentimes food is left out for them as well. Trolls, ghosts, and Land Wights are just some of the delightful beliefs that abound in this country - the land of fire and ice.

Keeping an open mind is sometimes the hardest, yet most rewarding thing one can do!
Especially in spiritual matters, because let’s face it - who’s to say one is right and the other is wrong?
Maybe they all are!

A Complete Guide to Folklore in Iceland | Guide to Iceland

12 Likes

That’s a wonderful picture @JollyStar! So vibrant!

11 Likes

Here’s 2 super cool videos on YouTube to check out!

:dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon:

“You will see in this list mythological animals, monsters and creatures from the fantasy world and different mythologies like: Greek, Celtic, Norse, Slavic, Roman, Romanian, Calabrian and other European mythologies. Japanese, Hindu, Chinese and other Asian Folklore, Egyptian and other African mythologies, and of course creatures from Mayan, Aztec and other mythologies from North, Central and South America.”

:dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon:

Ilustrated Bestiary Oracle by Maia Toll and Illustrated by Kate O’Hara

13 Likes

Thank you i will check it out :blush:

9 Likes

I just finished watching the 200 mythological creatures video. Loved it! Many id come accross before but also many new ones. Thanks so much for sharing thar video. Was a really good watch :grin:

11 Likes

Being from West Virginia, I wanted to focus on a local creature and the most famous magical creature in the state has to be, hands down, the Mothman. They even made a movie about him so even though he’s a crypid, he counts I do believe.

In November of 1966, five men were digging a grave in Clendenin, West Virginia, about an hour and a half from Point Pleasant. There appeared a mysterious creature who scared them from their work.

Three days later, in Point Pleasant, two couples were driving in the TNT area of town and saw a large, winged man with glowing red eyes. Well, they turned the car around and got out of there, but even though they were driving upwards to 100 miles per hour, the Mothman kept pace without flapping his enormous wings.

There are hundreds of sightings of the Mothman over the next year, along with the strange men in black who came to ask questions about the creature. It all finally came to a head in December of 1967 when the Mothman was seen on the Silver Bridge at the top.

A few hours later the bridge collapsed, killing 46 people as they plunged into the river.

The Mothman was never seen again in Point Pleasant.

That’s not to say he hasn’t been seen though. He seems to be sort of likened to the Banshee, showing up in Germany before the collapse of a mine, Chernobyl, and the Twin Towers in the days before the attack.

No one is quite sure if it’s an extra-terrestrial or an ancient spirit or curse, or some sort of mutated monster. Whatever it is if you see him get the heck out of there! LOL!

Information courtesy of Mythology.net.

12 Likes

There have been so many good entries with amazing information in them :star_struck: & I can’t possibly try to catch up to each post before now.

I love seeing, reading, & hearing about the different things that come to mind either by area or word of mouth when thinking of mythical creatures of any kind. I know my daughter is quite fond of unicorns & anything to do with unicorns including fashion. (I got 2 coffee mugs with pleasantly plump jumping unicorns with sassy sayings on them. Mysteriously, 1 is missing & it’s the same that went missing before & was found in said daughter’s room :face_with_monocle: )

Wonderful job everyone exploring mythical creatures of any kind & sharing your knowledge & experiences. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Here is my entry for this week’s challenge:

For some time I’ve been interested in trying to attract a Brownie to my home. What is a Brownie you ask? Well, let me tell you about these sensitive and helpful faeires

A brownie or broonie (Scots),[1] also known as a brĂčnaidh or gruagach (Scottish Gaelic), is a household spirit from Scottish folklore that is said to come out at night while the owners of the house are asleep and perform various chores and farming tasks. The human owners of the house must leave a bowl of milk or cream or some other offering for the brownie, usually by the hearth. Brownies are described as easily offended and will leave their homes forever if they feel they have been insulted or in any way taken advantage of. Brownies are characteristically mischievous and are often said to punish or pull pranks on lazy servants. If angered, they are sometimes said to turn malicious, like boggarts.

Brownies originated as domestic tutelary spirits, very similar to the Lares of ancient Roman tradition. Descriptions of brownies vary regionally, but they are usually described as ugly, brown-skinned, and covered in hair. In the oldest stories, they are usually human-sized or larger. In more recent times, they have come to be seen as small and wizened. They are often capable of turning invisible and they sometimes appear in the shapes of animals. They are always either naked or dressed in rags. If a person attempts to present a brownie with clothing or if a person attempts to baptize him, he will leave forever.
Author: Wikipedia

Image: Pinterest

My property is located near a wooded area that is teeming with wildlife and old trees. My own land is about an acre with my house in the center and just one nearby neighbor. Brownies are selective about who they choose to help and the home they choose must be inviting, with kind humans who leave them milk or cream, and who don’t attempt to “get to know the Brownie”. Most especially it’s important to never offer the Brownie clothing or cloth, despite that they often wear tattered rags as this may be perceived as a slight to them. So, I’ve been leaving out a small bowl of cream each night and keeping a hearth lamp on in the summer months to provide a welcome glow to entice a Brownie in.

Image: Brownie | The Demonic Paradise Wiki | Fandom

I found some interesting information on Brownies a while back and so thought I’d share

The most well-known and loved house elf in folklore is the Scottish Brownie. The Brownie is a small male creature, between one and two feet tall, who takes up residence in a deserving family’s home. The Brownie resides in Scotland, but some say the Scottish immigrants brought the Brownie with them to the United States and Canada in the seventeen and eighteen hundreds. The Brownie’s temperament is mild, and he is rather helpful with chores around the house.

Female Brownies are almost never seen by humans, so the only description obtained for these Dwarf Faeries is of the males. Based on this description, it’s no wonder most humans would have a fearful reaction to seeing a Brownie in their home. Perhaps it’s for this reason that Brownies most often choose to hide from humans, sometimes by magickal means of invisibility. In most cases, though, this scenario proves the clichĂ©, “you cannot judge a book by its cover”, as most Brownies are kind-hearted, helpful, protective beings who truly love the people they choose to serve. These Faeries crave human company, and they’re willing to earn their place in a human household.

When the woman of the house goes to bed, he finishes her chores. The Brownie is helpful on the farm. He brings in food and firewood, and is a shapeshifter who shifts into the form of a rooster to crow in the morning. Others believe the rooster is actually a friend of the Brownie’s and crows to tell him when to go to bed (although humans believe the rooster crows to wake us up in the morning). The Mother Goose Rhyme “I Had a Little Rooster” demonstrates the belief in the Brownie taking on the form of the Rooster.
Author: www.otherworldoracle.com

And finally this detailed description and instructions for attracting and interacting with a Brownie from Bruxa Guerreira:

Brownies are a hob, or house Fae. The are thought similar to a hobgoblin and usually described as “a personage of small stature, wrinkled visage, covered with short curly brown hair, and wearing a brown mantle and hood” - Thomas Keightley How tall they are is argued however as they have been described as anywhere from 6 inches (15.2 centimeters) to 3 feet (91.4 centimeters) tall.

This matters because of how your character is going to go about attracting a Brownie to them.

Brownies need a space that is there own. This will take the form of an unused spot in your character’s living space, likely an attic, basement, unused/forgotten cupboard, or other similar space. If your character has enough room in their living space some houses even had a “SeĂČmar BhrĂčnaidh” (Brownie’s room). That’s a bit extravagant, but if your character is of means and is looking to attract multiple Brownies this will be the best way to make the space comfortable to them. If the character has a significant enough kitchen or fire place they could also think about leaving out a little seat for the Brownie as Brownies, like any worker, prefer to be comfortable while doing their tasks, and this will signal to the Brownie that the character is considerate.

If your character already has a space they don’t use often, or at all, then they should do their best to continue on their normal behavior. If they start poking in or around the area too often it will destroy the attraction of the space to a Brownie. Understand that Brownies are naturally tidy and industrious creatures, if they don’t like the space they will clean it or change it themselves to their liking, any interference from your character is likely to drive them off. If your character doesn’t have a space like this then, if they’re in the know, they should designate a spot that will be relatively easy to begin ignoring.

Now that there is a spot for a Brownie to potentially move into the character should start leaving out Brownie offerings like

• porridge,
  • honey,
  • cream,
  • corn muffins,
  • a bannock of oats,
  • a bannock of cake,
  • fresh churned milk that has been sprinkled in every corner of the overall living space,
  • a “Brownie’s stane” (a stone with a little hole in it which some brew wort has been poured),
  • and/or fresh bread.

To increase the chances of attracting Fae (including Brownies) in general your character will want to think about several plants

• Foxglove

• Planted near the front door to invite Fae in
  • Primrose

• Planted in a garden and well tended or hung dried by the front door

• Warning , if the character chooses to grow Primrose understand that they cannot allow it to die under any circumstance. If it does the Fae will take offense.
  • Wild Thyme

• Sprinkle it on the doorways and windowsills of the living space to invite Fae in
  • Bluebells

• Planted in a garden that is well tended
  • Oak

• Thought to be home to many a kind of Fae and likely to attract them to a home nearby the tree
  • Elderberry

• Burn the berries in a fire to attract the Fae to a gathering
  • Elecampagne/Elfswort

• Scatter the root around the living space to attract Fae
  • Lilac

• Planted around the living space or grown within to attract Fae
  • Roses

• Planted in a garden to encourage Fae visitors

After your character has attracted the Brownie some things become important. Your character will want to continue leaving out Brownie offerings. At first they should be left on a doorstep or windowsill to attract a Brownie, but once a Brownie takes up residence the gifts should be left around the home so that the Brownie does not have to travel far to get to them. You character cannot EVER , under any circumstance, call the gifts a payment, nor can the gift be of clothing, even giving fabric may be pushing a Brownie’s tolerance. If the Brownie feels taken advantage of, insulted, criticized, or otherwise feels your character has been rude to them here are some potential consequences from best to worst case scenario

Image: Brownies - sensitive house spirits - myfairyland

• Refuse to do work for a time until satisfied by a sufficient apology
  • Abandon the living space
  • Undo everything that they have done and abandon the living space
  • Undo everything that they have done as well as destroy more of the living space and abandon the living space
  • Become a Boggart and stay within the living space

Other things that may drive a Brownie from the home are lying, stealing, people claiming work that is not theirs, the home owner not taking living space maintenance seriously, or being treated as a tool.

If your character wishes to interact with their Brownie co-habitator it will be difficult. Brownies only come out at night to do their work, and if your character attempts to interrupt them during that time look at the consequences list again. They like their space, and are deeply troubled when non-Brownies attempt to stick their nose where the Brownie feels it doesn’t belong. They generally remain invisible to humans and will ignore attempts to speak with them directly, but not all is lost!

If the Brownie is particularly fond of your character the Brownie may choose to reveal themselves to your character. Also if your character needs to say something to the Brownie it is best to have the character say whatever it is while the character is doing a domestic chore as the Brownie will be watching the character’s work. Your character can also leave a note beside the Brownie gift, but this is not a guarantee the Brownie will actually look at the note.

As to visitors of the living space Brownies will likely be very suspicious, and if the visitor is slovenly at all, or the Brownie views them as a threat, the Brownie may indulge itself in mischief to drive the visitor out.

Such fascinating little creatures and only the very worthy are lucky enough to capture the heart of a Brownie
wish me luck!

19 Likes

Brownies kind of remind me of house elves
 especially with the idea of presenting them with clothing
 but man, let me tell you what
 this mama wouldn’t mind a few benevolent house cleaning brownies hanging out!

13 Likes

This was tricky for me! We love mythical beasts
 one of our homeschool summer projects during the pandemic was actually to make a bestiary, but I don’t think we followed through very well (we did lots of reading, but never actually made one).

I have been thinking about mythical beasts and our family. They are a frequent topic of conversation here. I sang my kids this lullaby about faeries when they were babies.

We have compared thunder birds and phoenixes on car rides to school

Our latest vacation included a trip to see the wishi washi mermaids and to swim with manatees (because of the legends associated with sailors getting manatees and mermaids confused)
. But dragons

My whole family loves dragons. We have dragon art work, we have toy dragons, we have had dragon birthdays, we have dragon jewelry, dragon books are everywhere. So
 I guess maybe I should think about dragons?

One of my favorite authors, SD Smith, sent out a quote on St. George’s Day a few years ago “Sic sempro draconis”, which is Latin for “thus always to dragons” and it has stuck with me. Smith was thinking of dragons in the sense that they needed to be slain (St. George and all) and equated dragons to challenges that would always creep up and always need to be battled. It was a nice sentiment, but. I don’t want to slay dragons. They are wise and clever and beautiful and ancient and powerful and I think they can offer strength and protection and confidence and perseverance. Thus always to dragons
 you know?

At any rate, I give you the poem “Once They All Believed in Dragons” written by Jack Prelutsky and read by Matt Smith. It is a favorite piece of memory work in our family. All of my children (and I!) can recite it.

Also, because, if you haven’t gathered, we are a house of nerds over here
 but we were reading a series about Hindu mythology and came across nagas. Nagas are a semi divine race of part humans/part cobras. Female nagas are called nagis or naginis. All my Harry Potter fans will immediately see the connection! We were excited to find Hindu mythology mixed in with Harry Potter!

11 Likes

So
 Today I went out with my son (for free comic book day!) but we got there too early so I pulled out my tiktok to watch some with him. I was scrolling and came across one that I follow that is all about folklore-especially creatures! It reminded me of the challenge, so that’s what we watched. ( Piper CJ (@pipercj) TikTok | Watch Piper CJ's Newest TikTok Videos )

We got to the one about shadow people and my son mentioned he had shadow people. This was news to me! So we talked a LOT- most of the day about it. I admit, it sorta creeped me out and activated my childhood religious fear about demons- but I was able to keep my cool and ask some follow up questions to determine that he didn’t feel threatened- rather he felt protected. He said that the “shadow knight” actually spends most of its time now with his long distance girlfriend keeping her safe and that she can see it too. (She has a lot of trauma so I’m glad it makes her feel safe). A few years ago, I would have been freaking out and dragging him to get an exorcism.

Instead, I’m now listening to a podcast about them, and then following up with some of the podcasts mentioned in this one. Ep 26: Shadow People — Astonishing Legends

Some interesting things my son told me- there are two (a knight and a female), They’ve talked about being humans before, in medieval times, they can shift into an animal (One often sleeps by his GF as a wolf when she is scared), and they will harm people who cause harm to those they protect.

I’m still spooked. It sounds to me that they are more like spirit guardians than traditional shadow people, but this was one of the most interesting and animated and revealing conversations I’ve had with my son in a long time. He’s never really shown any interest in my craft or any religious stuff, so I never would have thought he would even be open to something like this.

I guess I got more than I bargained for with this challenge!

11 Likes

In several Mesoamerican languages, the term for quetzal can also mean precious, sacred, or king, warrior, prince. Its iridescent green tail feathers, symbols for spring plant growth, were venerated by the ancient Aztecs and Maya. In ancient Mayan culture, the quetzal feathers were considered so precious that they were even used as a medium of exchange.
Killing a quetzal was forbidden and keeping the bird in captivity was not an option as the ancient people believed the quetzal would not survive in captivity as it would rather kill itself than be held prisoner.
However, because the birds were sacred, quetzals were simply captured and set free after their elegant plumage was removed. It has also been found that it’s very hard to keep them in captivity.
Although some scientists/zoologists have been able to keep the ‘shell’ of a quetzal in a cage and have even managed to reproduce the quetzal in captivity, they are only shadows of themselves. Quetzals live in the cloud forests, to see one in free flight is to experience its magical presence as it soars, plumes flashing against the sky.
It is a historical icon of liberty.
One Guatemalan legend says that when TecĂșn UmĂĄn, a prince and warrior of the QuichĂ© Maya, fought against the Spanish conquistador Pedro de Alvarado, there was a quetzal flying overhead. TecĂșn UmĂĄn was able to disarm Alvarado on his first strike, but was killed in the second strike by a spear penetrating his chest. It is then that a quetzal allegedly flew down to TecĂșn UmĂĄn and dipped his chest in the brave prince’s blood, which is how it acquired the red feathers on its breast.
Another Mayan tale states that the quetzal was once known for its beautiful song, but after the Spanish conquered the land, it vowed only to sing again when the land is finally free.
They do sing though, and their song is beautiful.
The quetzal is associated with the snake god Quetzalcoatl and seen as a symbol for goodness and light. Quetzalcoatl was even represented as a serpent adorned with the feathers of a Resplendent Quetzal.
As a result, the lustrous tail-feathers, which can grow to be a meter long, were donned by Aztec and Mayan rulers in their headdress.
Quetzalcoatl’s association with the Mayan god Kukulcan has recently been highlit by the claim that the pyramid at Chichen Izta, Mexico, was constructed in such a manner that sharp sounds made inside it produce an echo of a handclap that mimics the call of the Resplendent Quetzal. The echo is produced by the faces of steps in limestone staircases, and is suggested to represent the spirit of the Maya.

This is the grimoure page I made for this challenge.

12 Likes

Wow! Reminds me of ‘Dobby’ from Harry potter

9 Likes

For this challenge, after much thought about it
 and possibly over-thinking (typical! :laughing:), I have decided that I will talk about the history of cats in mystical folklore and the wider culture. I know this is likely “boring”, but I am a HUGE cat lover and have three beauties myself. One of my chosen Deities, Freyja, the Norse Goddess of love, fertility, and beauty, saw cats as sacred beings. Freyja much appreciates followers who take good care of their kitty friends. Offerings to Freyja can include feeding feral/stray cats, donating to cat shelters, and the like. Although one of my chosen Deities does not include one in “cat” form, I am also quite fond of the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet for obvious reasons. Particularly because she is known for fighting for what is right and just.

According to legend, cats were the only creatures on Earth that were not created by God at the time of the creation. According to folklore, when God created the water and Noah set the Ark afloat, it became infested with rats. Noah asked for a miracle to happen, and as a result, a pair of cats sprang to life from the mouths of a lion and lioness. When the cats came to life, they got to work quickly to get rid of the rats. As their reward, when the boat reached dry land, the cats led the procession of other animals off of the ark. This is the reason why, according to legend, that cats are such proud creatures.

The earliest images and writings of felines are found on cave walls and are made out of stone. Such images and writings have been found across Europe, in Africa, India, the Middle East, and in Asia. In China, the lion, Shih, is one of the principle protectors and is associated with the rain and being the guardian of the dead. In Central and South America, wildcats are often thought of as familiars to shamans and are included as totem animals. Ai Apaec, of the Mochica people of Peru was a much-revered feline God! Cats are also revered as Gods/Goddesses within Egyptian culture as well. The most well-known example of this is the Sphinx, located near the Great Pyramids of Giza.

There is evidence of the wildcat’s small cousin, Felis catus, in ancient Egypt – where the beasts were so sacred that any man who killed one would be condemned to death. When a house cat died, the entire family shaved its eyebrows as a sign of grief; and mummified cats (along with tiny mummified mice) have been found in Egyptian tombs. In the 1st century BC, the Greek historian Diodorus reported the fate of a hapless Roman who’d caused the death of a cat - the man was murdered and nothing was done by the authorities to stop it! In Egyptian culture, the word for cat is Mau. Bast is the mother cat in Egyptian culture, and she is revered for her love and benevolence. She is the Goddess of love, sexuality, fertility, and life.

Legends and tales of cats are even found in France, Ireland, Scotland, Russia, and Italy. One of the best-known fairy-tales about cats is Puss in Boots" originally penned by a French author. Puss is known as a wily cat who has not yet taken to wearing his fancy boots! There is a similar Scandinavian version of this story as well where Puss is actually a female cat who is a princess that is under a curse. Other famous cats include the Cheshire Cat in “Alice in Wonderland”, Simba in “The Lion King”, Panther with sweetbreath in Medieval Bestiary, Aslan in “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe”, and Bagheera the lion in “The Jungle Book”.

Cats, across the world, and for many centuries have been considered as mystical and magical creatures! Cats are often seen as mysterious beings who are aloof, independent, strong, and demanding. Cats are also often associated with witchcraft and magic due to their mystical powers!

In my own daily life, and in my practice of Wicca, cats are very important to me. I have a very special and unique bond with all animals, but with cats especially. I find comfort, peace, solace, and calm when I am with my feline family. My eldest cat, Ruby, she is especially attached to me and we have a very special bond.
These are my three babies, Ruby (white and grey), Cinnamon (brown/tan Tortie), and Queen Nefertiti (Black/tan Tortie)

Thanks all - I enjoyed sharing this information! Blessed Be! :heart_eyes: :pray:

Here are some references:

12 Likes

Astonishing Legends is an amazing podcast! I used to listen to them every week, but fell out of the habit. I have a super overactive imaginyand scare myself easily, so I have to be selective about which episodes I listen to! Good for you for seeking more information before freaking out. That can be hard to do!

7 Likes

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

Thank you so much to everyone who has opened up the Bestiary and explored creatures of myth and magick! :dragon_face: If you want to enter the challenge but haven’t done so already, please know that you have one more day left to do so:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: May 10th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :unicorn: :sparkles:

7 Likes

This is my entry! First challenge! We made a fairy door and put out some offerings, honey in doll cups, and a little cake! The kiddos had so much fun learning about fairies and so did I!

12 Likes

狐 (キツネ), Kitsune (literally the Japanese word for “fox”) is one of the most well known beasts in Japanese folklore.

A nine-tailed kitsune scaring Prince Hanzoku; print by Utagawa Kuniyoshi, Edo period, 19th century.
Image from Wikipedia

There are two types of kitsune:
The zenko (斄狐) and the yako (野狐).

The golden and white zenko, “good foxes”, are the servants and messengers of Inari, who is the god/goddess of tea, rice, fertility, sake, and agriculture. Inari has been portrayed as male, female, or androgynous. She has sometimes been portrayed as three (even five) figures.

The yako, or “field foxes”, are more mischievous and cunning, who don’t always have your best interest at heart.

The more tails a kitsune has the older it is. Most kitsune have one, five, seven, or nine tails in the stories. Roughly, every hundred years, when a kitsune gains knowledge and wisdom, it grows another tail. When it has grown nine tails, it becomes a tenko (怩狐), a celestial fox, and ascends to the heavens.

Kitsune have the power to take on human form, a skill which they learn after 100 years (some say it can be as early as 50 years) by either placing a leaf, reed or skull on their head. The most common form they choose to take is that of a young and beautiful woman. Any woman found walking outside at dawn or dusk was thought to be a kitsune. Traditionally, close-set eyes, high cheek bones, and thin eyebrows were attractive in Japan, so if a woman had one or all of these features, there were definitely whispers that she was a kitsune.

For this challenge, I invoked Inari with a bell, since at Shinto Shrines, bells are used to invoke a kami and ward off evil spirits. I lit a red candle and offered a mug of green tea and said,

O-Inari Sama,
Please accept this green tea as an offering to you
As the moon waxes,
I humbly ask the kitsune, your servants and messengers,
for protection against any and all evil spirits that come my way,
May I have the power to evade them,
and may I have the wisdom to fend them off

I then drew the kanji for protection and a kitsune on a piece of paper.

As a closing note, foxes are skittish and evasive in the wild, which is how I think they came to be known as cunning and trick-sy (yes, I used a Gollum/Sméagol word :laughing:).

10 Likes

I have really enjoyed everyone’s entries! I am going to have to go back and reread them. I have been reading about Fairies. Who doesn’t love Fairies right? I came across something that I would not have thought of. It’s the 10 rules to follow when dealing with Fairies.

1. Be polite, never insult, interrupt, or do anything that would anger whatever it is you encounter in the forest.
  2. If you ever find yourself with a foreboding sense of being watched while on a hike, it is time to leave.
  3. Iron is offensive to the Fae and best to be left out of your garden.
  4. The Fae love gifts, but it must be sweet or it could turn into a negative encounter.
  5. Time moves differently while with the Fae so you might lose hours or longer.
  6. Never directly state either “thank you” or “I’m sorry”. It should be “I appreciate that” or ”Pardon me”.
  7. When spoken to, listen very carefully because there is often hidden meaning.
  8. The Fae think of us as their protectors, so don’t do anything destructive to their environment.
  9. Try not to make any agreements, but if you do, be very careful for they are masters of manipulation and loop holes.
  10. Certain areas are completely off limits and you will know if you are in one.
11 Likes

@JollyStar, wow, this is gorgeous!! Excellent job! :heart:

7 Likes