:chakras: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Chakras

Wonderfully done @Garnet :heart:

9 Likes

I like how you did this challenge! Well done!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry - Chakra insight using Tarot

I’ll share an exercise I did awhile ago, and for this challenge did it again. Using the Tarot deck to get insight in the issue or focus of each Chakra area.

For each Chakra I drew a Tarot card, to guide me on areas to work on, and of focus. So here are my draws. Now to get a Major Arcana, it’s the leading Chakra. Minor Arcana, just areas of focus for that Chakra, more fleeting, depending on the card and position, it’s stable or needs work. So here are my tarot draws.

——————————
Root: 3 of Swords (up)
Sacral: 10 of pentacles (reverse)
Solar plexus: Death (up)
Heart: X of Swords (up)
Throat: The Star (reverse)
Third Eye: 5 of Pentacles (up)
Crown: 7 of Swords (reverse)

—————————-

How I interpret this, going through a couple of draws:

With the 3 of Swords (up) for the Root Chakra, indication of issues affecting security, grounding, is an indication to work on that given area for the Chakra. Exploring the meaning and energy of the card, grief and betrayal is the upright and those experiences are hitting this area. How to work on it? Take the reversal position, the more favorable areas of the given Tarot card, and project those qualities, for the 3 of Swords, when reversed, meanings are forgiveness, recovery, so focus that onto the Chakra area.

Do the same for each area. Now for the Major Arcana. Similar concept as well.

Throat Chakra, drew The Star (reverse), being that it’s a Major Arcana, it’s more solid, but it doesn’t hurt to reflect on the way I talk or speak to myself and perhaps others as well, the attributes to such card and position in reverse is Insecurity, Discouragement, Faithlessness. And the upside is Hope, and Faith.

From these draws, surprisingly, need to work on my Chakras, so I’m going to do some work. I do feel really solid and confident in my life, progressing, so these draws are not a nail in the coffin, it’s just something to focus and tighten up on. There’s room for improvement. So I’m not discouraged but I need to up my practices a bit. Perhaps I got a little too comfortable and confident.

Interesting, did this exercise a year ago, the areas stayed similar in terms of strength and weaknesses. Tarot suits that were drawn on my Solar Plexus, Throat, and Crown, strong cards. My Sacral was ok, but my Heart, Root, and Third Eye Chakra, needs improvement.

This is also tying in with my Astrological make-up. The areas of strength and weakness per my Astrological Natal chart correlates closely to draws I’m getting with the Tarot on my Chakra. The way I’m looking at it. For example, according to my Astrological Natal chart, my Third House, relating to communication is fairly strong with the constellation and the Planet within, correlated to the draws for my Throat Chakra that are fairly strong. Now my 4th House relating to home/family, is pretty weak, coupled with me having almost zero Earth element, can see why my Heart and Root Chakras are a bit off.

10 Likes

Amethyst’s Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry

Well, I was going to do the tarot spread, but this meditation came up on my YouTube feed, and rather than think about all the cookies that are tracking me, I took it for a sign.

It was a lovely meditation, focusing on breathing and the colors of each chakra. I may do further work though on each one individually but this was a great way to get started!

10 Likes

The meditation flows very nicely through the Chakras, the elements, and corresponding imaginary, the read was very nice.

Dancing, yes! It is very cleaning, charging, and joyful!

9 Likes

Challenge Entry II

I did something I have never done before. I followed a 75 minute Chakra Balance Yin Yoga practice! I get fidgety when I hold poses for long minutes. But I felt inspired by this challenge, so I created time and space.

Here is the wonderful practice I followed! There is 1 pose for each chakra (some are repeated on the opposite side for balance) :heart: deer :deer: pose :orange_heart: dragon :dragon: pose :yellow_heart: spinal twist :green_heart: supported :fish: pose :blue_heart: sphinx pose :purple_heart: child’s pose :white_heart: seated meditation

I enjoyed listening to Kassandra discuss each chakra in depth and she gave an “I am” statement for each. The music helped me relax deeper into each pose. (I would recommend making the time for this practice if too much stress is in your life.)

I usually set my morning routine of yoga, meditation, and journaling by setting up my chakra crystals at the top of my mat and reciting a mantra with each chakra.
(The Chakras are Crown on left to Root on right.)Today I added my new Chakra balance candle and Chakra Balance Crystal Grid.

13 Likes

Yes, I agree, and stress can be mentally draining like you did a full day of manual labor. This paper that was wrote, in my opinion, is excellent. The study is one you might be interested in looking at:

Is_intuition_embodied_A_phenomenological.pdf (105.9 KB)

Blessed Be Always

7 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Chakras ENTRY

I am getting a late start on this challenge but, I just might make it if everyone here, where I live, will leave me alone!! I would go to the library, but it is too cold to leave the house. I really needed to get started on learning the Chakras and this challenge is going to start the kick in the butt (can I say that here, lol?) that I need.

I am going to use the Craft and unblock the Third Eye Chakras to relieve the stress that is starting to interfere with my craft, thoughts, decision making and etc…

Blessed Be to All

10 Likes

Medea,
I’m going to be a minute I’m running to the store and I read half of the article, so let me put some thought into your article.
Jeannie

stress exists and can be overwhelming, and I can easily put myself in your shoe regarding stress. I know it’s a process but you have all your tools on your altar to help strengthen you.
In regards to the third eye chakra, I always imagine a black screen and I bet you can use a pendulum to help cleanse your chakra! I am sure whatever you do you will feel amazing afterwards.

Chakras are like a fan that gets dirty in regards to the third eye chakra they can get blocks.I always imagine a black screen :computer: and try to imagine my animals allies. I bet you can use a pendulum to help cleanse your chakra. Maybe that will help. Yesterday I watched this show about how the element of water can be effective and healing. Since we’re clearing the chakras can we use water to cleanse the chakras? People have found great results using water and their a connection to nature and releasing pain. I took a cold shower this morning and this an ancient technique used.
Here is an article.
Cold water therapy
Jeff Marr how to use the element of water for healing
I hope it’s not off topic.
Jeannie

12 Likes

My zippity-doo-da fly in fly out quick like Saint Nick challenge entry for this week is something that I found in one of my newest acquired books for the witchy library.

This comes from ‘The Zenned Out Guide to Understanding Chakras: Your Handbook to Understanding the Energy of the Chakra System’ by Cassie Uhl - founder of ‘Zenned Out’

As it turns out some of my Chakras are blocked or underactive - especially my crown, third eye , heart (surprise surpise there - not) and root. Sacral chakra and solar plexus seem ok, throat chakra is overactive which makes sense with how busy work is at the moment - just 5 more 12 hour shifts to get through this week then I get 4 whole days off. I can do this!

I know what I will be doing this Christmas long weekend - sorting my chakras out!

12 Likes

Jessica72
I love the diagram and the picture and how it it explains how to let the pendulum swing! Thank you for your knowledge
Also I got this chakra cloth from Tamed and Wild. I just thought of it.

Namaste :pray:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

I did the Spells8 Red Candle Meditation and wore a Tiger’s Eye necklace (which I hadn’t touched in a while). My Tiger’s Eye necklace is rectangular, with a pointed end, so I visualized a bunch of them protruding from my body, holding me in place.

I invited the dragon Orbron, who is associated with the Root Chakra, to my ritual. When he appeared, I had an image of him dropping down to earth and grasping my shoulders with his talons. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: It caught me off guard. But my body felt heavy, grounded, though. I don’t think anything could have “uprooted” me during the ritual. :laughing: To date, Orbron is the dragon with the most powerful presence that I have encountered. It makes sense that the dragon of the Root Chakra would be like that.

Anyway, I followed the meditation and visualized myself throwing some sticks—representing the things I don’t need anymore—into the fire. One of them included the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

13 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

December 20, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

The forum is very colorful this week- thank you so much to everyone who has shared a creative and colorful chakra work entry so far! :rainbow: :chakras::blush:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :chakras::sparkles:

7 Likes

Hi! Better late than never!

I carved out time specifically to get this done this morning once my daughter left for school.

When I had done my “deep dive” into the Chakras, I had started making roller bottles with associated oils. I had made 4:

• Root Chakra
  • Sacral Chakra
  • Solar Plexus Chakra
  • Heart Chakra

Those were already done! I had just never finished with the last 3 :woman_facepalming: So today was the day!

I started by setting up my space with a disposable metal pie pan, a black candle & a white candle (protection & purification), with Sandalwood rope incense burning, & placed the roller bottles for the Throat, Third Eye, & Crown Chakras on it with the chips of corresponding crystals. Then I placed the corresponding essential oils near each bottle. I got my EVOO for carrier oil & a dropper to use for that.

In the Throat Chakra bottle I put in 30 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil, and Aquamarine crystal chips, Then filled the rest of the bottle with the EVOO & shook it up.

In the Third Eye Chakra bottle, I put in 30 drops of Patchouli Essential Oil and Sodalite crystal chips. Then filled the rest of the bottle with the EVOO & shook it up.

In the Crown Chakra bottle, I put in 30 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and Amethyst crystal chips. Then filled the rest of the bottle with the EVOO & shook it up.

I ran each bottle under hot water to remove any oil that had gone down the sides. Then cleaned off the pie pan the same way.

Now I have all 7 Chakra roller bottles made up in the colors that correspond to each Chakra!

I also decided to do the quiz that @MeganB had used to see how it says my Chakras are doing currently. I don’t work with them regularly, as my practice has changed a bit since doing the deep dive into them. I work with energy a bit differently now. But I love a good-smelling roller oil!

So according to this, at the very least, I need work on my Solar Plexus Chakra… we will figure that out later today & see what I can come up with for a meditation. I know that I have several meditations on Insight Timer & crystals for that Chakra. I also have 2 of the 7 Chakra stones that I can work with during the meditation!

10 Likes

Challenge Entry

My first challenge! I started by simply reading the information posted by @BryWisteria because my knowledge of chakras was pretty limited before I started this week. I have worked with a few yoga instructors and yoga courses that have mentioned chakras in passing, so I had a general understanding of chakras in our bodies. @Susurrus - thank you for your thorough overview of each chakras, I found your teaching style to be very helpful!

I also took the quiz that’s been posted here a few times and did a meditation on scanning my body and my chakras. I love the yoga connection and I did yoga poses and yoga flows to address my underactive Root and Sacral chakras. @crystal5 , thank you for your contributions to the pages above as well - I was able to find some really great yoga flows to help balance my chakras.

I intend to continue to use my knowledge of chakras in my yoga practice. In the past, I have not been very intentional about how I choose my yoga flow, and I intend to continue to use meditation to identify chakras that are out of alignment and to use yoga to help maintain open chakra paths. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Challenge Entry: The Chakras

Using a tiny bit of free time to get in my challenge before the rest of the day crashes down on me. My best buddy, Donut, is at the vet today having tests and potentially surgery so I’m a bit of a mess.

I skimmed the links provided and gleaned just enough info to decide to try to balance my Solar Plexus chakra given my depression and anxiety of late. I decided on a quick but three-pronged approach. Affirmation, aromatherapy and yoga.

(Source)

This graphic was wonderful giving me quick information on how to balance my chakra. Got out my roll-on frankinsence, did the suggested yoga poses (gosh I forgot how much I love yoga!), and finished with the positive affirmations:

I do enough. I am more than enough. I accept myself and stand confidently in my power. I am in harmony with all I see. I live with integrity

Perfect little respite from the waiting and worrying of the day! :cat2: :yellow_heart:

15 Likes

Siofra Strega,
Did you need to pay to do the test? also, you did a wonderful job with this challenge as always your friend Val
Also I did the chakra test looks like my root is underscored as suspected!
Here are my results

Jeannie

7 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I am busy per usual with work etc. Work crazy and getting ready for Christmas between kids sick and me fighting a cold. Ugh. I am trying not to buy into the stress and be busy without carrying tension.

This challenge I did some dowsing in my chakras.
Root- blocked
Sacral- disrupted/releasing negative energy
Solar plexus- open
Heart- blocked
Throat- open
Third eye- blocked
Crown- open

I can certainly see how I shut things/parts of me down to just be able to get things done. If I focus on not buying into the busy, that will help not being so disconnected with living.

My plan: to got back to my SaTaNaMa (birth life death rebirth) & Ong Na Mo Guru Dev Na Mo (I bow to the Creative Wisdom, I bow to the Divine Teacher within) meditations. These got me so settled in my past when I did yoga regularly. I even birthed my second son while chanting Ong Na Mo Guru Dev Na Mo.
Also to do the Kundalini yoga set in my Kundalini yoga book. I will have to work up to some of these. :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to upload the images of the Kundalini yoga set. Sorry! Needless to say, it will have me sweating.
This is cool info though

9 Likes

Challenge Entry: Continue

Took the quiz too, here are my results.

With the exception of the Solar Plexus, the rest compares to my readings done with the Tarot: the Throat and Crown, strongest, the Root, Sacral, Heart, and Third-Eye need work.

It’s a lot to work on, really don’t know where to start, so I inquired the Tarot on where to start to get my Chakras open and more on the up beat, and I drew the Ace of Wands: creation, willpower, inspiration, desire.

8 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
I went simple and tried to refresh my memory by doing basic research. I read overviews and learned about each chakra and mostly how to unblock. I went through my new crystal collection and made a list of what I’m looking for to have a chakra set
For me this was a combo refresh and learning

9 Likes