šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Challenger

Iā€™m so happy for you & wish you continued success! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I love your entry and the cards you pulled!! I used to get bullied at school so I always kept to myself. But, thatā€™s what made me stronger! Youā€™ll find beauty is on the inside. Because I know of some very gorgeous people but their attitude makes them ugly as ever!!! You @Kasandra have a beautiful heart and thatā€™s what matters! :dizzy::pray::dizzy:

8 Likes

Hmmā€¦ For this challenge I am torn between working with archangels, mediumship or animal communication.

I think I will talk about mediumship. I have had the ability to get channeled messages since before I can remember, but I still feel a bit nervous about giving mediumship readings to others. I did give an on the spot mediumship channeling to a stranger online recently, and it went great! I was very nervous because although I can do it easily, I tend to doubt the messages or the person giving them.

When I do mediumship, I open my crown chakra and send a little thought filled with intention out through it and into the ether. Then, I wait for the person to step forward. I feel a ā€˜rushā€™ at the top of my head, like a tingling sensation and thoughts, words or images just ā€˜popā€™ into my mind. The hard part is knowing whether it is my thoughts or an actual message coming through! But I think I need to practice this more, as I gave the lady some details and names that were spot on and no one knew about. It was scary but worthwhile!

I have been taking courses on angels and angelic healing lately, so I have been working with archangels Michael, Rafael, and Metatron recently. This is a bit out of my comfort zone, since I typically work with dark deities and thanatotic energies in my personal practice. The approach to the archangels is a different dynamic entirely compared to what I am used to.

9 Likes

For this challenge Iā€™ve been working with my crystals and a Crystal Grid for love and passion:

7 Likes

Congratulations on 50 Challenges @BryWisteria and our wonderful coven! Thatā€™s amazing!

Iā€™m still on the fence about what to pick. So many things are still a challenge for me LOL. Iā€™m leaning towards spell jar so if I can make up my mind by days end, thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do

6 Likes

Okay, guys, Iā€™m not sure I upped my game here this week or not but this is what Iā€™ve got. I wrote a spell to get rid of the infection thatā€™s been plaguing me for nearly a year now. What makes it different for me is that usually I donā€™t dress the candle and have a petition written out and I did today. I didnā€™t make a sigil, but I did tag lock it onto me using my name, birthday, and spit.

I then wrote the phrase ā€œI banish all infections, so I may be whole.ā€ on it three times.

Then I dressed my candle, using Rosemary and Lavender for cleanliness and health and thyme for its anti-bacterial properties. I used a lavender oil to carry that theme through when dressing the candle.

I lit the candle, put the petition under it, and chanted.

Great Apollo the Physician, father to Asclepius, grant me your aid!
Grant that the infection in my flesh be stayed!
Wash it out and make it inert,
much like you would a clod of dirt!
Heal my wounds, close up my skin,
So that I may keep all my blood within!
Shining Apollo, help me I pray!
Take this accursed infection away!

Then I meditated for a while, imagining the sores in my legs healing up. After I felt like Iā€™d done that enough I said:

Blessed Apollo, heal me I pray,
Banish this infection away!
With harm to none and for the good of all,
So mote it be!

Then I let the candle burn down and Iā€™m keeping the petition on my altar until Iā€™m healed.

I donā€™t usually use petition magic, but it seems fairly straightforward. Iā€™m sure this will help!

Iā€™m going to try to upload a photo here. Weā€™ll see if my phone will let me.

13 Likes

Really hoping it works for you x

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always loved and used the Tarot. Butā€¦. If we are challenging ourselves with something ā€œnewā€ or should I say ā€œNew to usā€ thenā€¦ā€¦.
Then Iā€™m gonna try and make some Ogham Diceā€™ & try to get to know them, like Iā€™ve gotten to know the runesā€¦ Iā€™ve already made a set of Rune Dice and have used them a couple times.
then maybe ā€¦ (maybe) Challenge myself and make Some Real

-{(Ogham~Staves)}-

I have the best Magnolia trees in my backyard :deciduous_tree:(which I made my Runes out of) :cupid:
& she will let me get closer to all the other trees of the year, :wink::relieved: The Magnolia is my Favorite Tree ā€˜ sheā€™s absolutely Gorgeous!! :cupid::cupid:
Good Luck EveryBody!! This is gonna be FuN!

11 Likes

I hope Iā€™m able to do thisā€™ but I love this website I get a lot of useful information. I can spend hours ā€˜ lol

12 Likes

Wash it out and make it inert,
much like you would a clod of dirt!

This made me laugh. Thanks @Amethyst been taking care of my hubby today. He woke up with a wicked headache from not drinking any water yesterday (he has one kidney with holes in it, nothing the doctors can do about it). He is feeling much better since Dr wifey is making him drink water. So thanks for the laugh.

BB

8 Likes

I ended up making some spell jars Iā€™ve never done this before and had a blast ! I will definitely be making more and getting into some more crafts soon !

11 Likes

Thank you @IrisW, Iā€™m sure it will!

Glad I could give you a giggle! In the summer itā€™s important for everyone to drink a lot of water, not just people with bad kidneys. I hope he continues so he doesnā€™t make things worse.

5 Likes

Amethyst and Christina,
I sanded down my Besom!

Iā€™ll be up tonight trying to burn :fire: my symbols inn the wood. Although I donā€™t know if after I stain the besom the symbols will show. Hopefully they do.
It took me about an hour to sand it.
I went to the store and I got a broom!

I am not done yet! Still work to be done!
Jeannie
Blessed be!

7 Likes

I like the idea of a charm bag/gris gris bag because it would be easy to tuck into a pocket while you are carrying boxes. But when you said calm, grounding, etc. what came to my mind was an epsom salts bath because of the magnesium and it might make your sore muscles feel better, if you like baths. You sound like you have a very strong connection to your tools! I hope you are not parted for long :slight_smile: Good luck with your move!

7 Likes

Kassandra,
I love the chant you did :sparkles: awesome I feel that it was a strong spell!

Magdelina- thanks for the recipe!

Happy Fourth to everyone!

Amethyst- Can I lite a blue candle for healing? To send some positive energy? You did an amazing spell! So powerful! :pentagram:

Lisa- I hope you, indwell in your high priestess!

Christina- You are a light in my eyes with lots of love
Jeannie, I liked your candles! You are so talented! And are so creative!

Katy_Mysticsens,

I want to get into mediumship

Blockquote

Great practice, keep doing it! You can do anything! I saw your coverpage so itā€™s true! You can!
I want to read Bucklandā€™s spirit communication 1st before I dive into this practice. & I am reading a book by Sharon Farber choosing to be a medium, and has given me some good pointers! I have both printed copy and audio. thank you for sharing! This gives me some insight and if you can, I can!

Iris- Looks like you learned a lot about crystals and thanks for sharing your findings!

Steph - I love

Blockquote

I walked by a magnolia tree today and told my hubby look itā€™s a Magnolia! I love them too I know your runes are going to Turn out great!

Iris -:heart::black_heart::heart:Thank you for the pdf I kept it for the Bos and I hope the crystal grid went well!

Robin - I was on the fence too and was inspired by Christinaā€™s candles :candle:

THCLEMONADE-

Blockquote

:crown:You did great for your first time. I know you have been doing this for a while!!:hushed::grinning:

Jeannie
Blessed be!

9 Likes

Thank you Jeannie, such sweet words for everyone! Also, feel free to message me about mediumship, I donā€™t think I am the best at it, but I am learning :man_shrugging: It might help us both to exchange notes! I also have Bucklandā€™s book of spirit communication, and a book called ā€˜Seance 101ā€™.

6 Likes

This is for the 50th challenge entry!

Making a Besom

1. Search for a Willow or Burch twig
    Besoms? Did you make yours?

2.:toolbox::hammer: Tools are a Scraper, Electric Palm Sander, Sand Paper 80 Large Grit, Pencil, Wood burner, Symbols, Corn broom from Wallmart, 3 nails, hammer, Twine, and Charms.
šŸœ¹ Magical Symbols for Protection Amulets

1. Use the scraper to scrape the twigs first layer of bark

2. Use Electric Palm Sander till the top of the bark is completely gone.

3. :pentagram:Draw symbols with a pencil, that is meaningful to you for your magickal practice.I used Hekates keys! Libra symbol, stag, masculine and feminine symbols, Earth, Air, Fire, water, Spirit, & triple moon.

4. Get out your wood burner and burn the symbols in the wood

5. Stain your broom :broom: with any stain that you feel is pleasing to the wood that you picked for your besom.

Dismantle a Corn Broom and take the wire off and cut the thread.

1. Nail in two inches apart a nail. One on the bottom of the besom. Two inches apart, Attach a wire to nail from the corn broom. Wire and wrap the corn straw to the besom and connect to the second nail on top. Totally of three nails one is for the twine.

2. Attach the rest of the corn straw to the besom using the twine and attach to nail.

3. Chant

Twine Twine

All around the besom

To keep the negativity out

All the negativity shall be out

I banish all that is profane

Only the clean and

positive remains!

So mote it be!!

1. Do a second coat of stain

2. Add any herbs to the besom that you want

3. Add a charm

4. Now your besom is ready to be consecrated and ready for ritual.
    Here is the final

I had such a great time learning how to make a besom. It was nice creating my own besom with my own hands. I chanted while I did my twine. And I did it rhyme. So I followed the wiccan reed.

A lot of work went into my bosom. I am glad to know before I do my ritual ill have a besom to cleanse my ritual area.
I found a concentration ritual used for a new moon or full moon so Iā€™ll wait till then. I might add to it later.
Too bad, I didnā€™t use birch wood! Know I now to look out for birch wood. I wonā€™t mind doing it again!
I am learning that being a witch and it is not easy because it takes a lot of planning. I wrote it in my Book of Mirrors! And maybe ill find something to go in my bos for my besom. I know there is a lot out there about besoms so if you have any suggestions I am open for discussion.

I found an altar cleansing ritual for my besom and there is one on infinite roots

How to use Besoms/Broomsticks? :broom:
Thank you!
Love :heart: and light & be magical!
I tried to make my own page so I didnā€™t hog up the content my apologies! I forgot how to do that! Can someone help me with that please?
Jeannie
Blessed beāœØ

14 Likes

No worries, Jeannie! You can follow the instructions in the new How-To post: How to Make a New Discussion in the Forum. Hope that helps! :blush:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful Dragon Tarot Spread, @Princess_Tara- thank you so much for sharing it! :heart_eyes:

Good luck, @wasantha- enjoy exploring Dragon Magick! :dragon:

Thanks, @Jeannie1- and congrats back to you! :partying_face: As for the lovely stick you found, itā€™s tough to tell. Maybe run the pictures through a Plant Identifier? @Susurrus recommended a few you could try :deciduous_tree: Your besom is beautiful- great job!

It sounds like your Draconic Self-Love Mirror Spell went well @Kasandra, right down to the singing candle and the power of the Rose Pink Dragon! :rose: Beautiful work and thanks for sharing your spellwork experience!

I bet your candles smell amazing @Magdelina- you choose some wonderful ingredients to include :candle: Great job!

Thank you for sharing about your experience with mediumship, @Katy_Mysticsens, it sounds like you really have a talent for it! There have been some discussions about using angels in magick and it seems like angels have helped some witches a lot- they do have a place in magick! :angel:

Thank you, @robin77- Congrats to the coven! :heart: Spell jars are always a great choice. Enjoy your spellwork, whatever you may choose! :blush:

Beautiful and heartfelt spellwork @Amethyst- Iā€™m adding my prayers to yours for the healing of your infection :pray: Your altar is lovely as well- may your wish come true!

Excellent job exploring the Ogham, @Steph! I think the magnolia you have would made a lovely base for your staves. Good luck and enjoy :deciduous_tree:

Lovely spell jars, @THCLEMONADE- they look amazing! Congrats to you for your very first spell jars :sparkles:

My entry to this weekā€™s challenge was on the long side, so anyone interested can check it out in the separate thread: How to Do a Double Divination: Tarot and Tea :tea::flower_playing_cards:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Whoo! Looking good! Are you going to use the straw from the broom you bought for your besom?

Yeppers, whatever candle you like. Iā€™m glad you liked the spell. Iā€™m certain it will help!

Whee, yes you did use the straw. I was wondering about that. It looks great, very witchy and you drew the symbols on so well! Great job!

Thank you, hon! And thank you for your prayers, every little bit helps.

8 Likes