šŸ’ƒ Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Magick of Music

Thank you for sharing! Iā€™m in love with Japanese music and its culture as well. One band that Iā€™ve been listening is äŗŗé–“ę¤…å­ (Ningen Isu) I recommend the song 虚ē„”ć®å£° (Voice of nothing), itā€™s more like rock metal but magical as well.

12 Likes

Hope your leg does okay and the doctor has some good news for you!

9 Likes

This song is not from a pagan rock group, but itā€™s very pagan in its lyrics and a beautiful bit of music. Iā€™ve been wanting to share it with yā€™all for a while but couldnā€™t find a good reason to, and now I do. I give you Harvest by Nightwish.

And how do yā€™all get your videos to show up in your posts? I had to link it because embedding it didnā€™t work. ~pouts~

9 Likes

Well the news wasnā€™t bad, so thatā€™s good. No blood clot or bakers cyst. Need Imaging on the knee, maybe Friday. then probably a knee replacementā€¦yuck

11 Likes

Sorry you may need a knee replacement surgery, thatā€™s awful, especially right now with all the Covid going on. I hope youā€™re able to get it.

7 Likes

Hope you have a blast with it, @Christina4! :dancer:

Ahhhh that is so cool that you play so many instruments, @IrisW! :heart_eyes: I love piano (although I havenā€™t touched one in years) and I tried and failed with both the guitar and a Chinese flute called a Dizi- but I still love listening to others play them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you can find your instruments and that you have fun with them! :heart::guitar:

So glad you think so, @wasantha! Enjoy! :blush:

I have a whole list of ā€œhalf-bakedā€ challenge ideas that need to be developed more- but this one practically wrote itself! Thanks for such a fun idea @Kasandra- itā€™s been on my mind since you suggested it! :heart: And Iā€™m looking forward to reading your Japanese spellwork- knowing you and your talents, I am sure it will be just as heartfelt as the works of Hiroko Moriguchi :notes::blush:

Youā€™ve crafted some gorgeous chants lately, @Garnet- you deserve a good rest! Put your feet up and listen to some magickal tunes this week to help you recover :heart: Glad to hear the Doc didnā€™t have any bad news for you. I hope the imaging goes well- love and light! :pray:

Thanks for the recommendation @jim! :raised_hands: Adding in a link here for anyone whoā€™d like a listen (it is indeed a good one! :blush:), one of the songs can be found in the Salemā€™s Heir Peter Gundry discussion. Good witchy tunes!

It sounds like a perfect theme for you, @RyuWyn- how exciting to study music! :star_struck: Good luck and have fun with your singing this week! :microphone:

Iā€™m listening to ā€œHarvestā€ now and I am loving it- thanks so much for the recommendation, @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: As for adding videos, it is a bit tricky. Hopefully this can help:

How to add a video directly into your post

1. Copy the URL of the video youā€™d like to share.

2. Create a text post here in the forum (a reply, a new discussion, etc.). After you have finished typing anything you want to say, use the ENTER key to go to the next line.

3. Click ENTER again- you will need one blank line above the video URL for it to work.

4. Now paste the video URL. Make sure there are no spaces or other text on the line- it must be just the video URL.

5. Click ENTER again- you need one blank line below the video URL as well.

Hope that helped! The most important thing is that there is a completely blank line (no text or anything) both above and below the video URL :+1:

For @Kasandra, @RyuWyn, and any other fans of Japanese music- have you heard of the artists KOKIA or Akiko Shikata? They are two of my favorite Japanese artists who often make songs that align well with my personal witchy aesthetic :ok_hand: :grin:

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a great reason to listen to the song!!!

10 Likes

I love Japanese rock music!!!

11 Likes

I love Akiko!!! This is one of my favorites:

12 Likes

Glad you liked Harvest. Itā€™s beautiful in my opinion.

Thanks for the tutorial! Iā€™m gonna try it now with one of Damh the Bardā€™s new song.

Yay! I did it! Enjoy!

12 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry I missed this post yesterday! I am looking forward to this one, I have a witchy playlist on Spotify! Woo hoo! Well, more deity list than witchy I guess. :joy:

@Garnet I hope things continue to go well for your leg that everything flows smoothly for you.

I will post my entry after I get it together for the day. :rofl:

8 Likes

Just listened to the whole album and I liked it very much! Some songs sound like a Celtic circus, very enjoyable! Thanks for the recommendation!

7 Likes

My entry for this weeks challenge

Love & Light to all :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Red Riding Hood is my favorite you can feel the Chase through the woods

8 Likes

Lovely Bri, I found this is some old poems I wrote.
Iā€™d sing it for you but I canā€™t carry a note.
Sorry, sometimes I get stuck in rhymeā€¦

14 Likes

Sending all the luck and light to you! Take care and get better soon :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

That is a beautiful poem!

11 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Do you have something uploaded? Iā€™d love to hear you playing :slight_smile:

I really like this challenge. We should have a like a weekly post (if there isnā€™t one now) to talk about music, share new discoveries, old but good things we want to share, and so on. Music means so much to me, and to everyone Iā€™m sure.

I see many people that is into music, Iā€™d be nice to do something together, Iā€™ve tried to make some music with friends virtually and works really well!

11 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of witchy music that I love and use. From all of them, Thereā€™s a song I would love to share from Wardruna, Aurora and Oslo Fagottkor: HELVEGEN
This song really transport me, with a mixture of emotions and feelings, like from a past life. Watching and listening to them on that area of a cave like, with its echo and the beat. Is the water you need in the middle of a heated day.
Probably some of you have had listen to it, for those that havenā€™t, HELVEGEN

15 Likes

Ahhhh I love that one too, @Christina4! Really beautiful and powerful music :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :shinto_shrine:

Bravo, @Amethyst! :raised_hands: And ohhhh another lovely song- thanks for sharing! :heart_eyes:

Ohhhh a whole playlist, @Susurrus- thatā€™s amazing! :clap: Feel free to share it or a few of your favorites :headphones: :blush:

Thanks again for your lovely exploration of sound in space, @Abs53- it was a delight to read! :milky_way: :heart:

Gorgeous as always, @Garnet- and no need, as I can hear the words ringing beautifully in my ears! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You have quite the talent for ryhme and chants! :heart:

Thatā€™s a fun idea @RyuWyn! :heart_eyes: Right now there is this challenge and a few threads for music, as well as the random post here and there, but nothing set on a schedule. I can tell music is a big passion of yours, so if youā€™d like to set up a weekly magickal music discussion you are very welcome to! :pray::heart:

Wardruna often pops up on my recommended videos feed- their music is a favorite of mine, @pedros10! But gosh this video- Iā€™d love to experience something like this live someday :star_struck: Itā€™s stunning in the video, I can only imagine what an experience would be live. Hopefully someday! Thanks for sharing :raised_hands: :blush:

11 Likes