šŸŒˆ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Many Colors of Magick

I can relate to this, it is good when realize such issues when it Chakra related and you can pull yourself up and make things happen again. I love the colours you chose for your makeup and the orange and gold candles used for your work.This entry was well done and well put together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: definitely enjoyed reading this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Blessed BešŸ’«

11 Likes

Thank you so much for the link :heart::heart: we should all get together on here or zoom or whatever is easiest for everyone and practice reading each others auras when he get more confident at it :heart: everyone is welcome :heart:

7 Likes

I tried to read my aura earlier and just achieved going cross eyed and giving myself a headache :rofl:

I suspect its something that Iā€™ll need to work at then will just click, much like reading magic eye pictures

10 Likes

I finished off this week with a purple candle spell for anxiety.

I stopped taking my antidepressants a few days ago and expected some withdrawal, but it hit me a little like a freight train tonight.

I needed to feel I was in control rather than my wonky brain wiring, and the spell has helped with that. Now breathing through it and more relaxed.

9 Likes

Aw lovely I feel you :heart: about 8 years ago now I was prescribed antidepressants and I took them for about a year an a half and they did help but I also felt like i had fog in my brain, like part of me had been switched off (not that I donā€™t think they help people because they do and everyone is different) long story short I came off them and it wasnā€™t the nicest experience IV ever had :heart: but get plenty of vitamins and minerals and look into some herbal remedies, I take passion flower and lavender capsules (just organic dried flowers in a capsule) and that has really helped me. But make sure your not allergic to any of them and that they wonā€™t interfere with any other medicines you might take :heart::heart: and I donā€™t take the high dose ones either since you can get a proper dosage guide with herbal remedies :heart: I hope you feel better soon we are all here if you need us :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you.

Iā€™ve taken the same antidepressants on 3 different occasions now, this time for a few months, and Iā€™d completely forgotten about how bad withdrawal can be.

Iā€™ve been fine the last few days, I stopped taking them in the middle of last week, but today I just woke up tired and it didnā€™t get much better. And I just felt a complete, I donā€™t know apathy this evening. Both restless and unable to focus.

But Iā€™m calmer now and I know itā€™ll all be fine.

8 Likes

I call it the void :heart: when you feel nothing but everything all at once and you feel disconnected from it all. It will level out though and you will feel better :heart: our brains are amazing and strange all at the same time arenā€™t they :heart:

9 Likes

The void, I ā€œlikeā€ that, perfect description.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re feeling anxious, that sucks. Changing meds is always difficult. Glad this purple candle spell helped you!

8 Likes

My entry for this week is going to be disappointingly short (for me, at least) this week because Iā€™m still working, and Iā€™m just taking a quick break to share what Iā€™ve done this week.

First and foremost, Iā€™ve been trying to branch out to candles in colors other than white. I usually just use white tealights because theyā€™re cheap, readily-available, and serve an infinite number of purposes based on what intentions I charge them with before I light them. However, I decided to experiment with using a black candle when I do my devotions to Hekate.

Since today was the first day of Vestalia, and Hestia is another deitiy I work with, I decided to dedicate a green seven-day candle to her and have it burning for her all day. (Other than when I was away from the room ā€“ always practice fire safety!) As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I found a coloring book, so I used one of the pages that spoke to me the most as an offering of sorts to place Hestiaā€™s canle on ā€“ again, practicing fire safety!

The Hestia devotional suggests a purple candle, but I didnā€™t have a purple candle. Also, I personally associate Hestia with the color green for multiple reasons, one of which is because, to me, Hestia has a lot to do with the Love within a home/community, and green is asociated with the Heart Chakra.

Iā€™ve been getting the really strong feeling that Hecate is enjoying her black candles and that Hestia is really liking her green one along with the colored-in mandala.

Iā€™m looking forward to experimenting with color more in the future! :smiley:

10 Likes

Thanks for the guidance on learning how to see auras, @Christina4- itā€™s very helpful! :pray::blush:

You are absolutely right, @Susurrus- itā€™s a subject that hasnā€™t been made into a challenge yet! And I am indeed always on the lookout for new challenge themes :grin::+1: An aura/empath challenge is going on the list! Thanks so much for pointing it out! :heart:

Beautiful job with your chakra work, @sarah29! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much for sharing the resources as well as your new experiences- it sounds like chakra work is proving to be very beneficial for you, congrats on the discoveries! :raised_hands: Iā€™ll be looking into more Solar Plexus and Sacral chakra work too- thereā€™s so much benefit to be found in chakra work- and Iā€™m loving the idea of using color magick in makeup, youā€™re onto something wonderful! :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :blush:

Thank you for the site about seeing chakras, @Jeannie1! :pray::two_hearts:

Iā€™m glad the candle spell helped to ease your emotions and soothe the anxiety, @IrisW! Sending you love and light as you work through the withdrawal symptoms- you are in my thoughts! :purple_heart:

Thatā€™s some wonderful advice, @Liisa- every time I read your posts I become ever more impressed with how strong you are for everything you have overcome. You are truly amazing! :raised_hands: :hearts:

Nothing wrong with using white candles (just like you mentioned- they are very accessible! :grin:), but it is exciting to experiment with new colors- beautifully done, @Jewitch! :raised_hands: That sounds like a lovely dedication to Hestia, and it aligns perfectly with the start of Vestalia :dove:. Gorgeous work with color- very well done! :green_heart:

10 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Cheers to all of the colorful folks in the forum- thank you for letting your color magick dazzle this week! :art: :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :rainbow: :heart:

6 Likes

Ooh, thatā€™s tough!!! Iā€™m sorry you had to go through that!!! Iā€™ve been there and if you ever need advice, please message me!!!

8 Likes

Girl, you did your makeup perfect!!! Youā€™re absolutely gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love your entry!! Oh and the glass lamp on your altar!!! Ooh thatā€™s so nice!!!

10 Likes

Eeeh! What a sweet compliment! Thank you, @christina4. I love your chakra grid with the carnelian in the center!!!

9 Likes

Thanks. Still a little off but Iā€™ll get there :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you!! :relaxed::two_hearts::pray:

6 Likes

It takes time!!! Iā€™d recommend doing more research on it. It really does take a lot of time and a lot of practice and not giving up!!

7 Likes

It does take time @IrisW. Currently my doctor and I are tapering me off of a couple things because if I just stop taking them, itā€™s just not a good time. Plus I have other medical conditions that donā€™t react well to sudden changes. Meditation & being gentle with yourself will go a long way. You will get there & be better than new!

7 Likes

Aw thank you so much :heart: you and everyone else here really are truly inspiring to me :heart: I love the warmth and kindness that always radiates from your posts :sunny: I have found a home away from home and I will always give back to the hearth any way I can :heart: Blessed Be :heart:

8 Likes