This looks so crisp -Great job, very inspiring! :snowflake:

12 Likes

3 words popped into my head when I read this:

1. Can
  2. I
  3. Come?
    :joy: Sounds wonderful! :snowflake:
13 Likes

Thank you for the links - I am def going to get started now in that ancestor altar cloth! :snowflake:

14 Likes

Soooo cool! Would love to know how you came to be working with dragons? :snowflake:

12 Likes

So beautiful!!!

10 Likes

Thank you Crystal. Iā€™m a little girl at heart when it comes to stickers. Lol!

10 Likes

@ArcticCharm, you are so welcome! Please - if you want to share, lots of us would love to see your Altar! :smiley:

11 Likes

Challenge entry: The Wheel of the Year: Pagan Holidays @TheMuslimWitch

Hi everyone, for my entry I have made a windmill with all the holidays on it and even added a finishing touch of the moon phases. It is fully functional and spins great :blush:

19 Likes

That is so cool!!!

11 Likes

I was doing some research on magick and stumbled upon dragon magick. It was then I realized that I wanted to work with them. Been doing so since March 2021.

14 Likes

:people_hugging: ingenious

12 Likes

Challenge Entry! :cyclone: :strawberry: :whale2:

My emojis will make sense in a minute :laughing: but I love this challenge!

Over the course of my pagan path, I have jumped around from faith to faith, trying to find where I fit. Naturally, I started with Wicca and celebrated all eight sabbats in the Wheel of the Year. And you know what? Some of those just donā€™t fit with me. If Iā€™m honest, I donā€™t find any sacredness or meaning behind the equinoxes.

I honor the Solstices in one way or another, but my practice mainly centers around the four Celtic Fire Festivals. Even then, I donā€™t have elaborate rituals or celebrations. For me, things are more laid back and introspective.

Samhain is a time of descent into darkness. Honoring my ancestors and all who came before me, holding space for death and dying, and taking stock of my own growth and decay.

Imbolg is a time of joy, spring, and Brigid. Sheā€™s the Goddess I worship and work with, so Imbolg holds a special place in my practice.

Bealtaine, or Beltane, is purification and an opening after darkness. If Imbolg is the door cracking slowly open, Bealtaine is flinging the door wide and running in an open field.

Lughnasadh is a time of connection to the land, honoring the bounty of Earth, and reveling in all things fun and games. Itā€™s also a time of honoring Tailtiu for me, a new deity that Iā€™m learning more about.

A few other things I do that arenā€™t in the typical wheel of the year have to do with the emojis I used at the beginning of my entry!

:cyclone: ā€“ Honoring Hurricane Season

Hurricane season is a big deal in Florida, and for good reason. I started this last year and plan to continue every year that I live here. I perform a small protection ritual on June 1st, the ā€œofficialā€ start to Hurricane Season. I ask the spirits of the Land to help protect my home, I give offerings, and I do some divination.

:strawberry: ā€“ Honoring Strawberry Season

Another big season here is Strawberry Season. Plant City isnā€™t too far from me, and itā€™s considered the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World, according to Florida Strawberry Growerā€™s Association. There are approximately 8,000 acres of strawberries grown in Florida every year, the 2nd largest in the country. Thereā€™s even an entire strawberry festival dedicated to this - though, itā€™s more like a fair than a festival, in my opinion. Anyway, I honor strawberry season by purchasing local berries from a produce stand and enjoying them with my family. I thank the Land and climate that allows us to have fresh strawberries in the winter.

:whale2: ā€“ Honoring Manatee Season

Lastly, I also honor Manatee Season. For me, there are two sides to this. The first is the colder months when Manatees are more likely to be found in the warmer waters closer to shore. The second is the warmer months when manatees move away from the shore into the warmer waters. Manatees are beautiful, gentle creatures, and they make their home along the Gulf Coast of Florida. Theyā€™re also vulnerable to extinction.

These pictures were taken by me at the Zoo a few years ago where they were rehabilitating manatees for the wild.

There are three manatee species worldwide ā€“ West Indian, West African, and Amazonian. All three are listed as vulnerable to extinction. So what has caused manatees to become endangered? There are two major threats: loss of habitat and collisions with boats and ships. NOAA

A lot of my practice over the years has come together to honor whatever climate and Land Iā€™m on. Practicing regional witchcraft is important to me because while I can connect with the spirit of Lughnasadh in general, itā€™s hard to connect with the beginning of the harvest when August actually starts some of our growing seasons!

16 Likes

We havenā€™t had any rain in 2 months, but Iā€™m kind of worried to do a spell for rain because itā€™s hurricane season in Texas too! Lol! :cyclone:

12 Likes

I think El Nino is wreaking havoc on the weather, and itā€™s not helped by the climate change weā€™re experiencing as a planet. Iā€™m concerned about this hurricane season, for sure. Iā€™ve heard, though, that during an El Nino period, hurricane season isnā€™t as bad :person_shrugging:

13 Likes

We have rain, I think we have everyoneā€™s rain, had to BBQ in between the rain (it has a cover on the BBQ), itā€™s definitely our wettest summer. I think the sun has shone fully for about 2 days this August. :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I am in a dust bowl right now and we have had triple digit temperatures for over a month. :desert: :hot_face:

13 Likes

Thatā€™s desert temperatures :flushed:. Somethingā€™s definitely off with the worldā€™s weather. Hope you all staying safe. :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

So amazing! Thanks for sharing :snowflake:

14 Likes

Hello all!
Hereā€™s my challenge-entry for this week:

I have just begun my path, so have I have festooned my altar for Lughnasagh. -the first sabbat for me! My mom was getting rid of a breadboard, and I grabbed it and brought it home for my altar! (Side note: shown is the goddess oracle card I pulled the first time after I added the breadboard -Enid -note the loaf of bread she is holding!)

In terms of learning about the wheel of the year, I have used many resources here on Spells 8, as well as through the ā€œSeeking Witchcraftā€ podcast. There was a 2-part episode focussed on the wheel of the year.

Like @MeganB I may find that some Sabbats are not as important to me. I am excited to see and share with you all as the Wheel keeps turning. Not sure when I will celebrate the new year yet. I will see how it feels once Samhain rolls around! I have a pen and paper planner I use for home and work. I am adding my Sabbat dates in there. Some of the ideas you all have presented are so cool, and I may try to up my planner game after mine is done on December. :snowflake:

15 Likes

That is awesome @TheMuslimWitch! I really enjoy seeing all the different things you create you definitely rocked this challenge!:blush::butterfly::sparkles::blue_heart::white_heart:

12 Likes