šŸ‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Visualizations

Challenge Entry

Visualization is not something I have ā€œmastered.ā€ I find it the easiest way to ride the hedge and to travel to to and maybe a little into the veil. I see shadows frequently and live in a house with occasional earthbounds and have created several portals (all screened and protected). Portals for health to our Great Mother, Love, and Prosperity with crystals. My home is 150+ years old and is a place of many energies some of which I know and many I donā€™t. We live here harmoniously most of the time. These energies are part of the reason I sought the Crooked Path, both for explanation and some control over myself and whatever energies I live with.

I am working on my inner temple as a way to enter into visualization easier. Meditation used to be my favorite place and I am trying to get back to a regular practice. So many things to learn and less and less energy to work on it. I wish my brain had a better means of finding and opening files. Too many useless files in the past 70 years, clog the path to opening the ones I want --error-- 404 file not found-- :sweat_smile:

I like to visualize my last home. I havenā€™t built it yet, but visualize it often. I think it contains my physical inner temple and enough area to welcome many of the same path as myself, with no strings or expectations. Maybe someday soon :pray:

Now that everyone knows Iā€™m crazy
Love and Light

10 Likes

:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

Crystals For Visualization

(Not a definitive list. These are just some I picked out)

• Amethyst
  • Blue Kyanite
  • Blue Tigers Eye
  • Hag Stone
  • Iolite
  • Labradorite

:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

Visualization Meditation

ā€œVisualization meditation focuses on the use of guided imagery to cultivate certain psychological qualities. The foundations of meditation remain the same as for other non-visual forms, such as ensuring the posture supports a straight spine, whether sitting, standing, or lying down.ā€

ā€œIn visualization meditation, the primary focus is a positive image or guided imagery visualized in the mindā€™s eye. Other components of visualization meditation may include attending to the breath, mentally reciting mantras, and mindfulness.ā€

3 Meditation Techniques

• Inner Light visualization
  • Chakra visualization
  • Peaceful Place visualization

Guided Imagery

ā€œGuided imagery is a relaxation technique that works on the premise that the mind and body are connected. It involves creating and focusing on positive images in the mind, using all the senses to make the image feel as real as possible. It is often performed along with an instructor or a recording that guides the visualization.ā€

Types of Guided Imagery

The Simonton method: ā€œPeople with cancer imagine their bodies fighting the cancer cells using visualizations such as picturing breathing in a cloud of soft healing energy with deep regular breaths and feeling the healing spread throughout their body.ā€

The palming method: ā€œThis involves placing your palms over your eyes and imagining that different colors represent different things. For example, imagine a color youā€™ve chosen to represent anxiety or fear, then imagine replacing that color with the one you have chosen to represent strength, courage, or healing.ā€

:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

11 Likes

This is kind of how my practice is, too. If Iā€™m meeting Brigid unintentionally, itā€™s usually on a beach with a bonfire. I can never see her face directly, but we always sit together and have a chat. If Iā€™m meeting someone intentionally, itā€™s usually in my Grove ā€“ Iā€™m working on building this up a bit more. My visualization and Inner Temple practice needs a bit of work, but this is my go-to place when Iā€™m calling someone in purposefully.

Yes, pretty different! With guided meditation, youā€™re in control of what you see, hear, and experience. Astral projection is traveling through the Astral realm, the Otherworld, or whatever you believe it to be. In that one, youā€™re in charge of where you travel, but not what you see and experience.

Thatā€™s such an interesting experience - thank you for sharing! Iā€™m kind of the same, too. I tend to just know things, or at the very least feel like Iā€™ve seen them before. I had something like this happen recently with a new-ish friend of mine. Weā€™ve only known each other for a few months, but I had several experiences of deja-vu one weekend and felt like I had experienced all of that before!

I canā€™t wait to see what you do!

Itā€™s funny how that works :laughing: Iā€™m the same way! Sometimes I know how I want to get something done, but most times I donā€™t. I just know how I want it to end up. I think this is the beauty of leaving spells open like that. It lets the magic flow where it needs to so the job gets done!

I feel this on so many levels. This is a thread of intergenerational trauma, as well - historical trauma and hurt from family generations or cultural atrocities. Finding peace is hard, but meditation is definitely a good start!

That sounds really beautiful! :heart: I can see it perfectly in my mind, too. Iā€™m sure itā€™s an amazing experience.

Those sound like intense experiences! Itā€™s interesting to me that they both coincide with crystals and have the same hooded figure. :thinking: I think youā€™re right that youā€™re guided by spirit or deity. I hope youā€™re able to explore this further!

Itā€™s really funny, because this happens a lot! :joy: I tend to think that, as a coven, we end up on the save wavelength sometimes. @BryWisteria has picked up on my thoughts and ideas for challenges, or even what Iā€™ve needed or was exploring on my own! It just works that way sometimes :laughing:

You know, this is how my meditation started, too. I have ADHD and have just recently started taking medication, so before that, my mind was all over the place. With practice and time, I was eventually able to meditate for longer periods of time. Sometimes all we need is a few minutes, too! And not all meditation requires a quiet mind. A lot of times, we just need to passively observe our thoughts as they happen.

One exercise you can try to help with mental focus and attention is one I learned from Matt Aurynā€™s book Psychic Witch. You get into a meditative position and slowly count backward from 100 to zero. As you do this, focus on the number in your mind - I usually visualize it slowly appearing and slowly fading away. If you get distracted or lose track, you start over. I still do this when Iā€™m struggling to focus. Itā€™s a really good practice exercise!

I had an idea similar to this! :evergreen_tree: I thought about creating my Inner Temple in The Sims 4 to help with visualization and world-building. Maybe Iā€™ll give that a try - thanks for the inspiration!

Patience can be such a hard thing to manage :sweat_smile: I have to slow myself down when I enter a meditative state. I want to immediately jump right in, but slowing down and getting into the right mindset is really important. Iā€™m sure with practice, youā€™ll get your visualization skills down!

Youā€™re not crazy at all, @Shadeweaver :clap: This is perfectly acceptable! I hope that youā€™re able to work on your inner temple when you need it. Iā€™m doing the same with mine.

12 Likes

@MeganB
Thank you! Im definitely going to try that, and i will also look for that book!

Thank you for this weeks challenge- super helpful!

9 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, @rebecca28 :blush: Iā€™m glad I could help!
(also - happy Spells8 anniversary!)

9 Likes

Hehe thank you! I was wondering what the little cake icon meant! :birthday:

9 Likes

Yup! Youā€™ve officially been a member for a full year! :partying_face: :tada:

9 Likes

Happy anniversary @rebecca28! :cake:

9 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry for Amethyst.

I donā€™t know if I donā€™t practice enough or what, because I have a difficult time holding onto an image in my brain. I can do it for a little while, and then poof, I get distracted and my focus goes the way of the dodo birds.

Maybe I have undiagnosed ADHD. Maybe I have too many squirrels in the attic, who knows? But itā€™s something Iā€™ve always struggled with.

I do find ways around it. If Iā€™m doing a spell for money, I imagine what Iā€™m going to use that money for. If Iā€™m doing one for healing Iā€™m imagining the would being gone and the feeling of not having to go to the doctor anymore.

Still, I took a shot at about three visualizations this week, and the best one by far for me was @SilverBearā€™s Guided Visualization Protection Spell. It seemed to work best for me and Iā€™m going to work at it for a few weeks and see if I can continue doing it.

10 Likes

Yeay celebration @rebecca28 :tada::partying_face::tada::partying_face::tada::partying_face:

9 Likes

@Amethyst Im so sorry, but i just spit my tea. ā€œToo many squirrels in the atticā€ bahahahaha. Welcome to ADD/ADHD :laughing: I know that feeling so well!!
@MeganB had a good suggeation above, counting backward from 100 and visualizing. I tried it today and made it to 88 before my squirrels lost interest and went looking for more interesting nuts. Practice makes perfect?

9 Likes

No no ā€“ practice makes progress :heart:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s what it feels like sometimes! LOL! I do that focusing meditation on numbers and usually either get distracted or fall asleep in the twenties. LOL!

9 Likes

Truth has been spoken here today- progress, not perfection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, Aug 1 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

Visualization is a skill that takes time to master and can be a pretty challenging topic- but then thatā€™s what makes this a challenge! :wink: :trophy: A huge round of applause to everyone who jumped in so far to imagine and explore the curious world of visualizations in their practice- it has been a pleasure reading your entries! :pray: :heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :eye::sparkles:

11 Likes

he best visualization analysis !
An excellent video!
enjoy!

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!!

9 Likes

As part 2 of my challenge entry, I found a Best Possible Self Visualization worksheet
BestPossibleSelfVisualization.pdf (46.1 KB) that I filled out and have been working on this past week.

8 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE -Visualization- ENTRY

As a very young child, maybe 6-7 years old, I would visualize door handles turning and trying to make pencils come to me. When other kids were playing outside, I was inside playing with the outjie Board or looking at my momā€™s book under her bed (BOS). As I was growing up, I have always visualized everything that other people were saying. That sometimes drove me crazy because if the conversation was gruesome or just ā€œbadā€, I would see it in my head. This Challenge will teach me how to use this ā€œskillā€ for Witchcraft, Spells, Rituals and so on. Below is a definition of Visualization used in witchcraft from the website, www.maddiviner.com:

ā€œVisualization is a tool or technique used in witchcraft to help focus on your intent. It is using your imagination, senses and mind to create images or words within your head to aid in your witchcraft. It is heavily used in energy work to help you feel the flow of energy by also imagining it bright and colorful in your head.ā€ (Eliza Marie, 2016)

and:

ā€œExperimentation is key, and youā€™ll find something that works for you, but one common method of using visualization in spellwork would be visualize the goal of the spell manifesting in an efficacious manner. For example, if I were visualizing as part of a spell to help a friendā€™s wedding go smoothly with no mishaps or delays, I would visualize exactly that happening.ā€ (Eliza Marie, 2016)

I found a very interesting article from Forbes, it explains ways to use Visualization with Witchcraft. Here are some steps to help you visualize and accurately manifest the life you want: (Bhali Gill, Jun 22, 2017)

Step 1: Know what you want

In order to visualize and manifest the kind of life you want, itā€™s very important to have a clear idea of what you want and why. This can be achieved by understanding what you value and what brings you the most joy in life. Have you ever had that moment when you were doing something and felt joyful doing it? If yes, then that is a good sign of something you might want to have in your life.

Ask yourself: If I had nothing holding me back, what would I want to see in my life?

Step 2 : Describe your vision in detail

This is one of the most important steps. When you want to manifest the life you want, you have to create a clear vision of what it should look like. You can write this down in detail or you could create a vision board. This will help you to create a clear and full picture of what your life would look like.

Step 3: Start visualizing and create the emotions

Once you are ready, you can take a moment to start envisioning the actual outcome. Start to imagine the sights, the sounds, the smells and even the taste of achieving what you want. As you go along, donā€™t forget to feel the emotions you would feel, as if this ā€œlifeā€ was your reality now.

Step 4: Take daily actions

Thereā€™s a saying that ā€œRome was not built in a day.ā€ Similarly, the life you want to create wonā€™t happen in one day but will eventuate in a series of days and actions of working towards your goal. Donā€™t get too caught up with how far you are, instead focus on the present and set yourself daily or weekly actions to get to where you want

Step 5: Have grit and persevere

When creating the life, you want there, you will be faced with challenges. In fact, one important tip when you are doing your visualizations is to imagine yourself facing these challenges and most importantly overcoming them.

From our one and only Francisco (Spells 8, Francisco, Sep 2020):
Franciso used the Witch Exercises for Beginners: Energy Work from The Spiral Dance, September 22, 1999, for a Weekly Witchy Challenge.

3. Visualization
Visualization is the ability to see, hear, feel, touch, and taste with the inner senses. Our physical eyes do not see; they transmit impulses to the brain. It is the brain that sees, and it can see inner images as clearly as those in the outside world. In dreams, all five senses are vivid. With practice, most people can develop the ability to use the inner senses vividly while awake. Some people naturally see images; others may hear or feel impressions. A few people find it difficult or impossible to visualize, but most find the facility will improve with exercise.

Use this exercise to get started:

1. Look at an object.
  2. Close your eyes and try to see it in your mind.
  3. Open your eyes and look at the object again. Notice what details you were missing.
  4. Close your eyes and visualize it again with the maximum amount of detail possible.
  5. Once you feel like you can move beyond seeing and feeling a simple, everyday object, try to visualize that object in relation to space in the room.

Source

Eliza Marie, Visualization in Witchcraft: The Basics, June 24, 2016

Bhali Gill, Jun 22, 2017

The Spiral Dance by StarHawk, September 22, 1999

Spells 8, Francisco, Sep 2020

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

A big round of applause to all those who jumped in to explore visualizations this week! :clap: In the world of magickal topics, visualization can be a tricky one- so all of the advice, tips, resources and experiences shared here are immensely helpful for those on their visualization journeys. Thank you so much to everyone who shared an entry this week! :pray: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :eye: :sparkles:

7 Likes