🌖 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Waning Moon Magick

CHALLENGE ENTRY
So, I just posted about being sick and I took @Diamond suggestion for the honey ginger tea meditation. So I did that. Then I took a cleansing and releasing shower for my illness. I asked Gaia to take it from me and help me feel better and to heal. I said a prayer of gratitude. I made the honey and onion syrup @MeganB had posted recently. I added a splash of waning moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face: water. I will have that before bed.

12 Likes

This is a banishing illness spell that I have had success with. I don’t know where I originally found it. All you need to add to your practice is a black candle.
Light a black candle and say:
Sacred candle, sacred light, aid the magick that I name.
I seek good health and positive change on this fortunate night.
I call upon the powers given
by the waning moon, dark and strong
I banish, strip and wash away
all those things that don’t belong.
I banish illness, pain, and weakness.
I banish struggle without gain.
I banish all those not of lightness
and forbid them come again.
I bind and banish three times three
and as I will, so mote it be.
Visualize a golden net of light passing down through your bady, starting at the top of your head and moving down, scooping up all negativity and dis-ease as it goes. Send all the nasty stuff harmlessly out into the universe.

13 Likes

This is great! :blush: Thank you! This is my spell for tomorrow :hugs::purple_heart:

14 Likes

@Sivonnah so happy for you. Well wishes, love n light and high vibes. :heartbeat:

Picture of book cover “Witch You Well” by Colleen Cross

14 Likes

Challenge entry

Since waning energy is the time to rest, relax and get rid of whatever overwhelms you, my main focus is on this.

Usually is the time I deep clean the house and put away stuff and clothing I do not need any more and then sweep the stagnant energy away.

If I want do cut some people or bad habits away this is the time to do it. Cutting cord spells work for me better this period of time. If I want to get rid of fears or whatever makes me feel stuck, I do this very basic spell: I take a shower, meditate for as long as I need in silence and then I write down all the things that bother me on a piece of paper, which I later burn saying something along the lines “what does not serve me shall be gone, only good things shall take their place, that is my will”

The truth is, during the waning phase, I feel like a snail and always sleepy and tired, so I do very basic stuff. But if I feel adventurous, I might do this weight losing spell. I find this time easier to do some detox

Monthly meditative candle ritual Gather unscented black or white tea candles, one unscented stick candle, ground ginger, whole peppercorns, and coffee essential oil. Sprinkle the ginger over the tea candles, then add 3-5 peppercorns on top of each one. Then, light the stick candle and hold it so the wax drips onto the tea candles, “sealing in” the ginger and peppercorns. While the wax is still wet, add a few drops of coffee essential oil and let the wax cool completely.[1]

• Each month, for the first five nights of the waning moon (when the moon becomes smaller after being full), burn the tea candles and meditate on your body losing fat and becoming healthier.
  • This ritual helps your spirit and mind gain clarity over your goals and allows you to reflect on your progress and motivation.
  • Ginger inspires confidence and boosts your spell intention, while peppercorns fight self-doubt. The coffee scent inspires creativity, energizes you, and suppresses your appetite.

Found here 8 Weight Loss Spells & Rituals to Aid Your Journey

15 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

→ Tuesday, Mar 5th at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

The moon’s light shrinks in the sky above, but the magick of the coven grows stronger and brighter - there are so many wonderful entries that have been shared in the light of the waning moon! Thank you very much to all of the talented witches and practitioners who have shared an entry so far :sparkles: :pray:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so.

Blessed Be! :waning_gibbous_moon: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Challenge post:
I have been having a challenging time with someone I work with and wanted to make better energetic boundaries and send them away.

So I did the > cleanse and protect bath

And I did the Far and Away witch bottle spell
I did it on Saturday with the last quarter moon.

I added one more ingredient to both the bath and the jar which was black Thorne. I felt great and free after i did the ritual. I am grateful for this coven and rhat it is helping me to feel stronger in knowing what i need in my lofe and what is no lonnger serving me.

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I’m sure most people have heard what’s been going on in Gaza and the West Bank. All of the news has been nothing short of horrifying to say the least. I’ve been doing what I can to spread awareness and make donations.
Now, with the waning moon, I thought it’s time to go the magickal route. I have been lighting candles and praying to Hecate for justice for all the terrible things that have been happening to the Palestinians.

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

My energy has been waning with the moon this lunar cycle so I took this as an opportunity to take things slow this week. So officially I took a cleansing bath and read some of the anthology Hecate Her Sacred Flames. The past two weeks have been very hectic at work and I just needed a bit of time for self-care.

I also did some prep for the new moon: setting up a new journal for work with Hecate and prepping for consecration of a new scrying sphere. I’m also decluttering the shelves, drawers, and closet of my sacred space…okay I’m thinking about decluttering…it’s a work in progress.

16 Likes

Challenge Entry
I really only plan to do spells for the full and new moons. I use the moon in whatever form it is in to do the spell or ritual I need to do for whatever reason at that time. I have however started studying what specific moon phases represent and are best used for. So in the future, I do plan on doing spells specifically during the moonphase that is it represented by.
Thanks

16 Likes

Challenge Entry :no_entry_sign:

I did some cord cutting :scissors: :stop_sign:

14 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The moon’s light is fading and so too is this challenge - the curtains are closing, but it’s to a grand encore! :clap: :heart: Thank you so much to all of the wonderful witches and practitioners who shared their beautiful waning moon magick this week :mage:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :waning_gibbous_moon: :sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

→ Award Post for the Waning Moon Magick Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

9 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Compassion for difficulties

Sooooo…I’m super bummed that I missed the challenge entry. Everything has been busy around here lately and I didn’t get the chance to share what I did in time. It’s all good, though. Everyone’s entries were amazing! Blessed Be! :consecrate_spell: :infinite_roots:

14 Likes

No worries it will come back around :grin:

11 Likes

No worries, @Kajsa! It sure is a busy time - I hope despite the hecticness that everything is going okay for you :heart:

And Devenne is right on! There will be a Catch-Up Challenge in just a few weeks when all previous challenges will be open once again. If this is a theme that calls to you (or anyone else who didn’t have a chance to enter), rest assured there’ll have another chance to enter it very soon! :blush: :waning_gibbous_moon:

Blessed be!

10 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit Activities to find and join the current challenge :trophy: (And if you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)