😋 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wickedly Delicious

Feel free to let your Kitchen Witchery enthusiasm run wild, @Jewitch- this challenge is right up your alley! :grin: Your morning coffee ritual is lovely, I really like how you draw on each of the elements and cultivate mindfulness. Really gorgeous ritual, and a great way to start the day! :coffee:

Absolutely, @Silverbear- that’s a perfect video for the challenge! Thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re very right, @praecog29- a tea/coffee meditation aligns perfectly with this challenge! :blush: If anyone wants to use their group ritual experience for this challenge, the only thing to do is say so (and hyperlink back to the challenge so I can find it when it’s time to give out badges! :laughing:)

Enjoy your bread baking, @MeganB! I’m sure it will be tasty and blessed :bread: :two_hearts:

This is certainly a theme for you, @Limeberry- may your wonderful potion making and Kitchen witchery talents shine brightly this week! Have fun :blush::heart:

Thanks for those helpful resources, @Missa! :shallow_pan_of_food: :yum:

I am drooling over those lasagna pictures, @IrisW- it looks beyond delicious and I have no doubt that your step-daughter will happily gobble up such a yummy meal- veggies and all! :laughing: :+1:

“Love Ya Honey” is such a sweet name for the honey, @Rowan- I love this recipe! :honey_pot: May it help to keep your and your loved ones healthy and safe :pray:

That sounds perfect indeed- have a blessed celebration, @Amaris_Bane! :sparkling_heart:

Ohhhh you can’t go wrong with rosemary, basil, sage, and bay leaf! May I ask what type of recipe you have in mind, @Kasandra? Whatever it is, I’m sure it will be delicious! :yum::two_hearts:

12 Likes

Love ya honey! :heart_eyes:This is AMAZING and it sounds delicious with all of those fabulous healing spices! I need to get my paws on some local honey- I bet this elixir is extra helpful for hayfever and allergies as well! :heart:

10 Likes

love ya! your honey looks delicious.

8 Likes

I do a simple morning coffee ritual to start off the day with some self-love:
-I add cream & honey then,
-Stir 3x clockwise and say the following each stir:
*1st stir - “I am worthy”
*2nd stir - “I deserve happiness”
*3rd stir - “I love myself”
*drink the coffee with gratitude.
*when finished with coffee I will say something like: “I am grateful for all I have and I welcome everything good that comes my way today”
and that’s it! pretty simple huh? It works for me.
I always cook food with love and care and like to bless it with a mantra or a prayer. Here are some good ones:
Sometimes I will create a sigil to incorporate in food.

something like carving it on a loaf of bread or using oil to draw one in the pan before cooking.

-much love and many blessings

11 Likes

Work is super slow today, and it’s dreary and rainy, so I think. I’m going to spend a bit of time in the kitchen this morning. My mom’s been bugging me to make some bread, so I’m going to bake some bread for Lammas today – I’m not sure I’ll get another chance to before the actual day.

As always, I’m going to put my intentions of love and happiness into it, and I’m going to be mindful of how grateful I am for the grains/flour to be able to bake the bread in the first place.

I know there are already a ton of bread recipes floating around the forum, but I also wanted to share the recipe I’m going to be making: Maangchi’s ppang recipe.

I am OBSESSED with Maangchi – she’s so sweet and adorable and watching her videos always makes me happy! I also have several of her recipes in my regular rotation.

I’ve made this ppang (bread) recipe several times, and it’s turned out perfectly every time! I try to avoid dairy because I’m lactose intolerant, so I make it with Earth Balance vegan “butter” and non-dairy milk and it still turns out perfectly. I also replace some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, mix in some wheat germ, and then top it with a light sprinkling of wheat germ before it goes in the oven. If you don’t want two loaves, the recipe is super easy to divide in half!

12 Likes

I’ve been looking through my receipes! There are so many! I just can’t decide!

6 Likes

Thank you @Limeberry @moonshadow it turned out great, and tasty!

8 Likes

Here is what I am doing for the challenge. I have been having issues with feeling like my body has reached a toxic level from things that I have been eating and drinking so I used some herbs and spices that would help with where I am experiencing the problems and I made this drink from parsley and lemon. While I have made this before and had some success with it this time I infused it with my intention and put a sigil on it. …
Doesn’t fit the delicious part of the challenge but I am off sugar so yum yum.

12 Likes

I stir my coffee with a cinnamon stick and say similar affirmations in the mornings as well! “I am loved.” “I love and accept myself as I am.” and “I am safe and protected.”

10 Likes

That is a beautiful coffee ritual @moonshadow- may your morning beverage always be blessed and joyful! :coffee: :heart: I love those prayers and the notes on sigils too- thanks for sharing! May I ask what book/site you found them in?

Thanks for sharing the ppang bread recipe, @Jewitch- I wonder if that’s the same milk bread I loved when I lived in Japan and South Korea. It looks like this bread has the same wonderful fluffiness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you had fun cooking- enjoy your yummy bread! :bread:

Hahaha no worries @Kasandra- sometimes the hardest part of both casting and cooking is just deciding what to make! :laughing: :+1: :woman_cook:

Sometimes the food we need isn’t what our taste buds are demanding, but this looks like a beautiful mixutre full of lovely intent @SharonD! I hope it helps to cleanse your body and help you on your journey towards good health. Blessed be! :heart:

11 Likes

After going through pages and pages of recipes, I decided to settle on something simple:

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes! :yum:

After the week I’ve had, it’ll be a great dish for repealing/banishing negativity (garlic and black pepper), love (paprika) and purifying (rosemary).

11 Likes

Hey everyone !
To say I was excited about this week’s challenge is an understatement. I always loved baking, and the kitchen was always my favorite place to be even as a child so when I saw this week’s challenge I was ecstatic at the idea of adding some extra magic to my dishes.
Lately I have been struggling with self-love and forgivess, and so I decided to try out @SilverBear love blend recipe, and I must say it did not disappoint !
Here’s the recipe I added it to, it’s a pretty simple one :

You’ll need:
[ ] Puff pastry
[ ] 5 apples
[ ] Brown sugar
[ ] Cinnamon

1. I started by peeling and cutting the apples in small squares.
  2. Then I put it in a pot with 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of cinnamon and two teaspoon of love blend.
  3. I mixed clockwise while repeating to myself: “May I be happy, May I have peace and joy, May I love myself and be loved.”
  4. After 10 to 15min I take it out of the fire and let it cool down for a while.
  5. During this time, I turn on the oven to 180°C and start cutting my puff pastry in shapes. I choose hearts and crescent moons.
  6. I garnish those shapes with the apples and then it’s ready ! You just have to put them in the oven for 15 to 20min.

I had my pink candle lit the whole time and had a really good time singing and dancing while baking. It was a lovely experience and I hope everyone had an awesome time praticing some kitchen magic too.

Blessed be ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you, I enjoy sharing things that help me and may help others. The ritual is something a friend shared with me about 10 years ago and has changed my life. I have been drawing sigils since I was a younger girl. I copied the directions that I shared from somewhere on Pinterest.
-Much Love and Many Blessings

6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I love it! I love the cinnamon stick idea and the words are truth! I must try the cinnamon stick. Thank you

7 Likes

@Kasandra Yum!! This chicken turned out yummy! thank you so much

5 Likes

Hello @BryWisteria , are those Blueberries in the last picture? I love eating that sort of berry, if strawberries are nowhere to be found

3 Likes

I wanted to share another simple recipe (I’m all about simple :laughing:): Chicken Pesto.

Basically, it’s chicken breast topped with pesto basil sauce, minced garlic, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.:yum: I cook it in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.

Another great recipe to make for love and luck (basil) and banishing negativity (minced garlic)!

Side note: I keep spelling recipe as receipt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

9 Likes

Oh I love how they came out!! You even made the sign for ‘i love you’ in sign language!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My grandmother was deaf and we always used that sign. My kids now use it. I actually have a picture of my grandmother signing the I love you on my fridge in a magnet frame.

10 Likes

I haven’t done a lot of kitchen magic’ but I do a lil something when I make sweat tea for my boyfriend and children. Every other day I make 2 pitchers worth (2 gallons) & I always say a blessing to bring peace and to sweeten the souls of its recipients. Here is my recipe: :cupid::kissing_heart:

The Sweet Southern Tea

2 regular tea bags
1 black tea bag
1green tea bag
3 cups sugar or substitute some with honey
(I do some time, but my BF is picky, lol)

As the tea is brewing I fill 1 pitcher up with ice &
I put in a pinch of salt on the ice and shake it up.
In the other pitcher I put the sugar/honey while Blessing/Chanting

Sweeten thy souls
Sweeten thy minds
Sweeten the words that come from inside.
Peace be within every drop
So it has been said
So Mote it Be

Then I pour the hot tea in the pitcher with sugar/honey & mix well.
Pour over ice then I shake it up by using both pitchers to melt the ice by pouring into one then the other over and over. Then the tea is divided evenly into both pitchers. Then fill to the top with water.
And it is Done!

Hopefully this makes sense, I could have just taken a picture of the Recipe but you know ! lol

11 Likes

I’m attempting to make bread this morning. I’ve never done it before, so if you don’t hear from me about it again it was a disaster :joy: But hopefully I’ll be back to share photos later!

10 Likes