šŸ˜‹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wickedly Delicious

How exciting! Iā€™m in! I baked some bread and made a dipping olive oil with herbs for my little ritual yesterday. Pics are on my phone, Iā€™m on my laptop now, but Iā€™ll come back and share. I love these challenge ideas!

8 Likes

Well the bread looks Okay at least! Good enough to ask Lugh to bless it so Iā€™ve placed it on my altar as part of my Lammas ritual and Iā€™ll try it later with dinner.

In the offering dish is some cornmeal I received as part of a spell kit in Wonky Broomstick subscription box. The weather is not suitable for that particular spell as intended, so Iā€™ve incorporated it into the Spells8 Lammas ritual instead.

Iā€™m cooking a roast chicken dinner for the family this afternoon. Iā€™ll explain to my husband the meaning of Lammas (heā€™s an atheist but supportive of me) but Iā€™m not sure the kids will be interested.

14 Likes

Your alter is gorgeous! Is that wooden athame next to the wand? So cool, Iā€™ve never seen one like that!

How old are your kids? I have 2 boys, one is almost 5, the other just turned 2. We made corn dollies yesterday, but theyā€™re obviously not too interested in the meaning, lol.

10 Likes

I got the wooden athame and wand as a set on from a local Etsy seller, fell in love with them as soon as I saw them!

My step-kids are 12, 14 and 17. Far too teenage and hormonal to be much interested in what theyā€™re made stepmother is up to :smiley:

9 Likes

Youā€™re bread looks delicious! Great job! Iā€™ve never made bread either, today Iā€™m making smoked sausages, smashed taters/zucchini with garlic parmesan seasoning, and fried corn. I could make some corn breadā€¦ Hmmm.
Blessed Lammas @IrisW

9 Likes

Blessed Lammas to you too :bread:

8 Likes

That bread looks great @IrisW! You did good!

@Rowan, your menu is making me hungry!

Blessed Lammas everyone! Since I regularly post recipes I wanted to do something different today. So hereā€™s a Meal Blessing that I wrote that can be used year-round. I hope yā€™all like it.

Great Horned Lord, Mother Earth, I thank you for the bounty on my table.

I thank you for what you have given of yourselves so that I may eat.

I thank the people who have toiled in the sun and rain to bring me this food.

May it bless me and enable me to be in Your service.

Blessed be.

8 Likes

So all the bread inspired meā€¦ I need work on shaping but it turned out ok.

13 Likes

Oh thank you, Iā€™m glad that you like them and thatā€™s such a lovely story to tell, thank you for sharing it with me ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

:warning: DISCLAIMER: I am not promoting the consumption of wild-harvested plants. I am not claiming any knowledge of wild-harvested plants. I am only sharing what information I found, and my personal experience. Always do your own research and never eat anything you are not 100% sure you have identified properly. :warning:

Over the past few weeks, Iā€™ve been exploring my yard to see what kinds of cool plants it has in it. Iā€™ve found all kinds of cool stuff growing wild: horseradish, catnip, spearmint, peppermint, yarrow, mullein, etc. Another cool plant I found is lambā€™s-quarters (Chenopodium album). Lambā€™s-quarters is an edible weed, often referred to as ā€œwild spinach,ā€ and itā€™s fairly easy to identify, so I picked some and cooked it up ā€“ itā€™s quite delicious! Itā€™s very nutritious and contains more of certain vitamins and minerals than spinach and kale (according to this fact sheet from the University of the District of Columbia). It also contains a significant amount of fiber and protein, and has some supposed medicinal benefits as well. Iā€™m fascinated by this sort of stuff, so I wonā€™t ramble on forever, so I will share some resources I have found below so you can do your own research.

Today, for the second time, I went out and collected some lambā€™s-quarters and sautĆ©ed them with the water that clung to them from washing them like one can do with spinach. I added some salt and a little bacon grease to bump up the flavor a little ā€“ I think I like them better than spinach!

Before I began my path of Paganism/Witchcraft, I hated the outdoors because of the heat, humidity, and my allergies. Seeing all that nature is providing for humankind and interacting with the plants that are growing in my yard has made me fall in love with the outdoors, with nature, and with the universe. It makes me realize how truly magickal and beautiful even the most mundane days are :slight_smile:

Resorces:

10 Likes

Lovely looking loaf there @SharonD! You did a good job!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s Awesome @Jewitch :blush: Now youā€™re making me want to go adventuringā€¦Lol. Do you have a plant identifier app or something that you use?
Blessed Be,

7 Likes

I was also inspired to make bread :bread: Happy Lammas everyone. I actually made bread twice because the first time it was as hard as a rock!lolā€‹:joy:
I went to my first ritual and I had an offering and didnā€™t spend it alone! I got to go to a metaphysical store! I found a couple things, everyone was super impressed with the herbs :herb: I put in the bread, thanks to infinite roots. I am so glad I learned how to make bread to find out I can be good at something!
Thank you Megan and Francisco for your recipe!

Blessed be!

10 Likes

Ohhhh that looks delicious, @Kasandra! Chicken pairs so wonderfully with potatoes, and pesto as well! :yum: And all the better when the dishes are cooked with love and magickal herbs! Enjoy! :herb::poultry_leg:

So glad you enjoyed the Love Blend recipe, @nesserinne- it sounds like it came out lovely and quite tasty too! Great job :sparkles:

Rituals shared among friends have a unique power to them- thanks again for sharing, @moonshadow! :heart:

If itā€™s the last picture in the main post youā€™re looking at @anne2, then those red berries in the dish are raspberries! :yum: I agree- they are a very tasty summer treat. I like how they balance sweet with tart flavors! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beautiful bread, and thatā€™s so interesting that you mixed different kinds of teas together for the Sweet Southern Tea, @steph- this looks like a very tasty and homey recipe! :drooling_face: :tea: The blessing goes so well with it- thanks so sharing!

Glad you enjoyed the challenge, @kaleyjane- thanks for joining in! :heart: Fresh bread is sooo tasty with oil and herbs, sounds like you had a very tasty treat! :bread:

Bravo on the bread, @IrisW- it looks beautiful! Artisan bread like that has such a satisfying crunch. I hope you enjoyed it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ohhhh that sounds like a very tasty meal, @Rowan- corn bread would pair perfectly too! :corn::yum:

That is such a beautiful Meal Blessing, @Amethyst! :pray: Full of thanks and gratitude for food. I really love it- thanks for sharing! :heart:

It sounds like your foraging and harvesting has gone very well lately, @Jewitch- congrats to you! I think it is very powerful that, through your Craft, you have been building a bond of love and appreciation with nature. We truly are blessed with the wild world and itā€™s many offerings! :national_park: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed Lammas to you too, @Jeannie1- congrats on your bread! It sounds like you had a fun time celebrating the Sabbat, Iā€™m happy for you :blush:

My personal entry to this challenge was a bit on the long side- if anyone is interested, you can find the full post in this separate thread: Into the Salt Mineā€¦:salt:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

12 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 3rd, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and a very blessed (and tasty!) Sabbat! :bread::yum:

7 Likes

As part of my alcohol free journey Iā€™ve bought this book from Amazon

Thereā€™s a whole mix of styles of alcohol free cocktails in here, and what drew me to this one particularly is that itā€™s spiral bound so more user friendly :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I use an app called Seek by iNaturalist (on iPhone ā€“ I can only speak for the iPhone app; unfortunately, I donā€™t know anything about Android equivalents) :slight_smile: I only use it as a basic guide to get me to a potential identification because it has been wrong before, so I start with what it says and then do research on the Internet from there to confirm that it is what it says it is :sweat_smile: Blessed be! I hope youā€™re doing well! :pray::green_heart:

8 Likes

Oh, that bread looks good @Jeannie1. Thatā€™s great!

Thank you, my friend! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

That looks yummy @IrisW! Youā€™re doing a great job staying alcohol-free!

8 Likes

There are a couple of apps for Android. I use Google Lens & iNaturalist on my Samsung phone. They work great for me & my daughter.

Iā€™m finishing up my entry today & will make the post in a little bit.

10 Likes

Aw thank you, Amethyst, I think the bread turned out good. I am very happy with it!!I tried to make a recipe for Hecate and my cheese melted in my bag so when I went to use it it didnā€™t turn out very well. I had to throw it in the garbage.lol
Itā€™s an awsome Recipe,Iā€™ll go to the store later and try again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol :joy:
Jeannie

6 Likes