:cauldron: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Brews & Potions

Weekly Challenge Entry: Pluto Libation

For this challenge, I wanted to create a potion to manage my occasional bouts of dysphoria, which, if you have ever had PMS, is similar…kind of a pointless irritability. It is not unlike being possessed by some faceless dark energy. So, I wanted to craft a potion that would have a transformative effect on my mood and spiritual energy, act as a negativity repellent and exorcise my personal demons. For that, I thought working with Pluto would feel right. Devising a Plutonic potion isn’t easy but I came up with a recipe of pomegranate juice (Pluto - transformation; wish magick), apple juice (Underworld fruit), fresh ground black pepper (protection, exorcism) and ground cloves (protection, exorcism). It is spicy and delicious. I will also use it as a libation during the October 25 New Moon in Scorpio. Pluto has been in my 12th house and sextiling my sun. I feel this is an important placement and intention for me.

12 Likes

That sounds awesome!!! I wish u the best of luck with your shop

9 Likes

Nothing like a good cup of tea :teapot: :tea:

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Look at all those amazing potions! :star_struck: With so many amazing brews and magickal potions, I think we could open up a pretty spectacular Infinite Roots Apothecary :sparkles::grinning: Thank you so much to everyone who joined in the challenge this week! :trophy::heart::cauldron:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :cauldron::sparkles:

12 Likes

Challenge entry

I made Rose Water and a pineapple ginger tea potion for cleansing and detoxing my skin inside and out. I also made Florida Water. I always buy it, this was the perfect time to make my own. I used the recipes shared here in the coven.
I enjoyed bringing magic into my kitchen with herbs and fruits

13 Likes

(You beat me to posting the Props and Presents, @MsQ, so I counted your lovely entry and sent a badge to you too- thank you so much for joining in! :heart:)

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent out to all entrants- thanks again to all who joined in- three cheers to the talented Potion Brewers! :sparkles::cauldron::heart:

11 Likes

My Gosh Marsha, that’s a lovely autumn set!
Garnet

11 Likes

Hello, Amaris!! Thank you for the warm welcome and compliment :blush: You can absolutely add it to your cookbook!

12 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria I almost forgot to post. I’m so grateful I just made it. I really enjoyed this challenge. I think I found my niche in my craft. :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

11 Likes

I love your mug @Artemisia I have that same tea filter. It’s so cute :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Don’t mind me…I’m just going through everyone’s posts and seeing what I missed! :heart:

That sounds lovely! :heart: I’ve experimented with essential oil blends in my diffuser for sleep, plus at least one steeped oil blend to be rubbed on the soles of the feet. I haven’t made one in a long time though. :thinking: You’ve inspired me a bit! Now I just have to find the right bottle :laughing:

I’d say this definitely counts as a potion or brew! I’ve made some New Moon water before when the New Moon was in Pisces. I made the mistake of adding a bit to my coffee one day and…well, let’s just say that day was extremely emotional for me :rofl:

I think if I had a notebook with me all the time I would be able to fill it with little chants and spells all the time :laughing: maybe you should start carrying a notebook with you for that purpose? I love your little squirrel chant! :chipmunk:

Ohh a simmer pot! :yum: I need to make some of those. We can’t use essential oils when my mom is home because of her allergies but I think a simmer pot would be good! :tada: The only thing I struggle with is…what do I do with everything when it’s done? Just pour it out? Trash the ingredients? Bury them? What do you do?

I love your recipe :rose: :purple_heart: and congratulations on completing your first challenge! I look forward to many more challenges from you (if you want, of course lol) and getting to know you better! :heart: Also, I’ve got to say I love the bottle and the label you’ve created. It’s absolutely gorgeous!

I’m glad you figured out what to do with this challenge! I hope the potions :tea: have helped you with your work situation and your meditation. And I also hope they taste good :laughing: Congratulations!

This whole ritual sounds like it was amazing :sparkles: and I love that you added that L-Theanine can improve sleep, brain activity, and reduce stress. It’s one of the things that I love to take when I’m feeling down and can’t sleep!

Black salt without charcoal?! Whhaatttt?? I love this recipe though! Combining the ashes from the burnt herbs with the salt to make it black rather than using a charcoal disc or activated charcoal. That’s such a good compromise!

All of these ingredients together look interesting! Is it just like an infusion or tea that gets stored cold? It looks amazing and I’m really glad it tastes good! :heart: Also, it’s super great to see you back in the challenges! :honeybee:

That’s such a wholesome and perfect reason to make a potion Jeannie :heart: I love all the ingredients you included, too! Rather than it being a potion to ingest, you turned it a bit differently and created a hand sanitizer! :clap: Awesome job!

A noble cause for your potion :heart: I know you’ve been going through so much lately with your home life and your school. Good on you for putting something together that’s just for you! :clap:

Garnet, if I could fit in my bathtub comfortably I would take a bath more often :rofl: the ingredients seem very calming and relaxing. I do need to get a muslin bag though… :thinking: that would definitely help!

Yes please! :jack_o_lantern: :cocktail:

Thank you for sharing this recipe. It looks very potent, as you said. I’m wondering what the reason is for adding the lavender at the end, if you don’t mind sharing?

That’s my kind of potion! :coffee: :laughing: I’m not sure what you should do with the extra motivation but I hope you found a use for it! :heart:

Oh, I relate to this so much. It looks like your recipe solves that problem, though! :lips:

Hey John! It’s great to see you participating in the weekly challenges here. I love your potion, too!

Does it make me a bad witch if I have never made myself a witch bottle? :sweat_smile: One day I will and I might just use your recipe as inspiration! Thank you for sharing it in as much detail as you did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Plus the bonus abundance spell?! :pinched_fingers: Perfect!

Amaris, you made so many things for this challenge! They’re all so amazing! I’m going to bookmark this and save it for later :laughing:

Oh, this one sounds really interesting :thinking: Is this particular oil just to keep the symptoms (is that the right word? Words aren’t working right now lol) of Mercury Retrograde away? Maybe to make communication better and encourage protection?

Ohh the cleanser sounds really interesting. I wonder if I could substitute almond milk for regular milk? Do you have any thoughts? :sweat_smile:

That hibiscus mint tea sounds delicious :yum: and I love your mug! :heart:

Awesome job Marsha! :heart: Adding your own ingredients based on what you have on hand is a great way to adapt a spell to what you need :heart: Plus that jar you used? It’s amazing!

I hope the potion helps you with your dysphoria :heart: I can’t imagine that’s an easy thing to deal with.

They look so good! I love the color that they turned into :laughing: I don’t know if that counts for anything but the color is really pretty.

Okay, I think I got everyone! :heart: I love all the recipes that you all shared here. They all look so amazing and I hope they all work wonders for you in whichever way you need.

15 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2: I had to make the cleaning things anyways as I was out. I try to make tinctures on the full or new moon. That way, I don’t have to keep up with weeks, etc. I know I must strain it on the next full/new moon.

10 Likes

Hi, Megan!! Thank you for the warm welcome and for your kind words. I am so excited to be a part of this community and excited to get to know everyone better. I loved your Coffee Syrup Potion and I know that I am definitely going to try it this week!! :yum:

9 Likes

@MeganB yes the base oil is to keep the symptoms at bay. Depending on which add ons u incorporate with it will depend on which enhancements u will gain (ie: protection, communication and/or both).

Say i wanted it for both i would add the base, cedar, and rosemary.

10 Likes

So… I will just add that to the tally of challenges I have missed recently :flushed: I’m so disappointed in myself… I have never missed this many so close together…so I think there is some embarrassment there too :rofl:

Now to figure out which 3 I have missed exactly, well… the other 2… :joy:

8 Likes

I applaud you hun for replying to so many post that’s amazing. Yes sometimes we just need to do something for ourselves and not forget we are all human and even more importantly we are witches so help-self is in our own hands so why not take advantage of it :heartpulse:

8 Likes

I think you could substitute almond milk. Almonds would be good for your skin too :wink:
:butterfly:

10 Likes

It smoked like all get out but I didn’t set off any alarms. I’m really pleased because I didn’t want to buy charcoal just for salt, you know? The whole book is great!

And thank you for taking the time to answer everything, that’s got to be a big deal with how many people are participating nowadays!

8 Likes

So lavender has two properties that excel and are amplified in this potion. Protection and purification. when added last at the bottling stage and allowed to sit in the water its powers are amplified by the rest of the brew making it a potent low-level banishing and purification water. if kept in the fridge in a dark bottle or covered light-proof bottle it will last for one year for use and 6 months if you add it to coffees and teas.

9 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that, MsQ- congrats to you for discovering a wonderful new talent, you’ve really got a knack for potion making! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re a legend, Megan :heart: I haven’t been able to write individual responses to entries for a while- things have been so busy lately that when I come back in after the weekend I have all I can do to get through sorting everything! It is a delight to read the entries and see the pictures though- I’m hoping I’ll be able to make the time to write responses individually again soon :pray:

Please don’t be! You have a ton going on and it’s a crazy busy time of year- no hard feelings at all, Siofra! There is always a Catch-Up Challenge right around the corner :hugs: :two_hearts:

8 Likes