:witch_hat: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Witch Fashion

I’ve come back to the forum multiple times to look :eyes: at those pentacle earrings they are super pretty :star_struck: @MeganB.:full_moon::sparkles::crystal_ball:

10 Likes

Thanks, so much!

Thanks so much! I love your collection! They’re all sparkly!

Thanks so much! I got it from Amazon.

Thank you, my dear! As I said, I got it from Amazon and it wasn’t that expensive. It’ll be nice for the cold weather too!

10 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

Tuesday, July 4 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

From witchy clothes to magickal accessories and more- it is so much fun to see everyone’s personal style! :clap: :heart: Thank you so much to everyone who has showed/shared about their witchy fashion and magickal aesthetic this week for far! :sparkles:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :witch_hat: :sparkles:

13 Likes

WEEKLY WITCHY CHALLENGE 151 - Witch Fashion

I decided to blast back into the forum like the Kool-Aid man - Oh yeaahhh, and do a quick challenge!

I watched a few new videos (to me) on glamour magick and also read some online articles, but did not have the chance to peruse through all of my books. I’ve attached a link to the Witch of Wonderlust’s Glamour Magick video that I relate to the most and what I mostly align/use in my own practice.

Glamours are defined as something you put into effect that changes the way that you are perceived. They are subtle and help create an energy shift. The best way to use them is in layers or as add-ons to mundane or other magicks (protection charms, seduction, repellents, attractants).

Setting intentions, using color psychology, normal correspondences, chakra alignments, body language, mannerisms, tone and confidence can add layers to other protections or attractants you have put in place. Using makeup, magical bathing/shower, moon bathing, sun bathing (with sunscreen!!), charging each item with a sigil and finally shielding can all be layered well with each other and the mundane and magickal spells you already have going.

This is a picture of me recently at an outdoor labyrinth where I went to gather energy and poise - I highly recommend that you ground your objects, yourself, and pull energy from some outside source if possible like the sun, moon, willing deities, ley lines, when you do glamours!!!

20 Likes

Thanks for sharing Jan. I love the Witch of Wonderlust, but I haven’t seen this video.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Gorgeous photo. Thankyou for the info on Glamour’s. Learning more day by day. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

As I said before fashion just isn’t something I do :sweat_smile: but I did get a hat for the occasion :purple_heart:

I wore a piece of Jade for more than 20 years, but the cord finally broke and haven’t found a new one to my liking. Necklaces are a bit of a problem for me, the beaded ones have tendencies to pull hair and cause irritation and pendents often get caught up in the beard. And you can’t see them anyway.

Bracelets are OK, but get in the way when working in the garden or playing with my chickens :chicken: Sooo I don’t wear jewelry much, but have some.

I have been working on my Altar Fashion mostly with new Elemental Jars and a nice Black Mirror

a new Dragon Chalice and a supply of gems and supplies all framed in a nice Wysteria Vine. I think it’s coming along… but never finished, always and all ways evolving along with me.

My Love to you all and Love your support in all things on here. I am learning Sooo much :purple_heart:

20 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to respond to everyone’s single entries, but I’ve definitely read every single one! :clap: :heart: Everyone’s entries have been so amazing and there are so many new things that I learned and got ideas for!

12 Likes

@Shadeweaver Great hat. I love the altar, looks fabulous :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Everything looks awesome!!! I love the hat!

11 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Fashion. For this challenge, I wanted to share how I use clothing in my practice.

I have some pieces I wear when I just want to feel a little more magical; some jewelry and clothing with stars and moons on them. My latest purchase is a special dress with gold stars (I am wearing a New moon necklace with it in the picture) that I bought for a trip I am taking in October. I’m wearing it to dinner on Friday the 13th, and it might come out again for a Halloween tea party I am planning.

I also wear a crystal bracelet almost everyday. Some, I made, some I have purchased I choose my intention for that day and match the crystal bracelet -- creativity, protection, clarity, confidence, intuition, etc.

Lastly, if I am working intently on some specific goal, I will often do some spellwork on a specific day of the week that aligns well with that intention and wear that color all day. For example, I might wear a gold color sweater on Thursday, along with my Athena owl pendant and work on a justice spell or on a Saturday, I might wear black, my Hecate pendant and work on a banishing spell.

15 Likes

Oh, I love your dragon pieces. I was thinking of you the other day because I read that 2024 is going to the be year of the Wood Dragon (Chinese astrology), and I thought: “that will make her so happy.” :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This is my beloved witch hat. I love the green felt and the fall colors.

19 Likes

Challenge Entry: Witch Fashion

Well, just so I have something for my entry… I don’t know why this one stumped me so much. I don’t really wear witchy stuff ever. Partly because I am mostly in the closet but also because dark, witchy, and gothic have never been me.

I looked through all my clothes as @BryWisteria suggested and I don’t have nary a one with a moon, star, or anything of that ilk. I looked to see if my clothes had any obvious earthy palate, but I don’t wear much in brown or green. I have a few animal print items for winter, a hat and hooded zip-up with leopard print lining, but that’s a bit of a stretch to connect it to my practice.

I was thinking about creating a new jewelry piece but nothing inspired me. I have no moonstone, amethyst, or citrine beads in my supplies.

I was just about to give up when I ran across a Labradorite and citrine bracelet in a box that needed mending and polishing. I know that moonstone is more associated with Artemis but I’ve always been much more drawn to the darker sister, labradorite.

I fixed the broken link, polished it up, and set it on my window sill to charge in the full moonlight overnight. :full_moon: :bow_and_arrow: :deer: :herb:

16 Likes

@Artemisia I love your labradorite and citrine bracelet it’s so beautiful it looks like pure magic I feel like I’m looking into a galaxy when I look at it. :crystal_ball::sparkles:

10 Likes

Oh goddess… I clicked on the site and now I want a cloak… :laughing:

and this dress

or maybe I just want to be a redhead? :thinking: :laughing:

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
At first I was like Ugh, I don’t see how I can do this one. I don’t have any of the type of clothes I would normally wear, it wouldn’t take much of a jump to call it Witchy bit I haven’t gotten to rebuilding my clothing.

I went into the living room and sitting like it had always been there was a purse that I don’t use anymore and would have had no idea where to look for it.

During the transition with the 4 children that happy and loved and safe, I used to bring snacks and goodies and I used that purse.
It has way more room than it looks like so there was always a lot in there.

One day my oldest daughter started calling it my magic nah because I would keep pulling things out.

If you believe born on Halloween means instant Witch, she could maybe support that. Born 10/31/10 at 1:13 AM and last I knew she said she Identifies as a Witch. She was like 9 and while it’s language she would definitely hear in her new life, if you think of it coming from a child it does fit

If I offended anyone, that wasn’t my intent.

Back to the point. I have no idea how it got there but it’s definitely perfect. I haven’t figured it all out, something like holding safety and strength maybe. I planned to post a picture but it currently seems to be hiding :woman_shrugging:t2:

In the mean time I turned a necklace that my husband bought for me at a live event we went to into similar to a cloak or robe for meditation and so called mundane magic

I have a necklace that I bought to be a talisman but that ended up feeling like that wasn’t it’s purpose. When I came across it I knew it’s purpose. It is now for wearing when I do moon or goddess work

I do have a few pieces of jewelry that I consider Witchy. Pretty much everything but my rings grew very cute 4 year old feet during the rearranging but here are a few of my Witchy rings

For some reason all of this made me feel like a Witch again

18 Likes

@mary25 You look beautiful, I love the way you match your outfits to your spells. What a wonderful practice :sparkling_heart:
@Satu_TheGreenWitch It’s a fabulous hat. The photo has a very homely feel to. :sparkling_heart:
@Artemisia That is an amazing bracelet. The stone shines out at you. Wow. :sparkling_heart: Oh and that site, well the brave heart picture, I wouldn’t mind her figure :joy:
@Nixi A stunning necklace and a fabulous set of rings. Love them. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Thank you @tracyS

9 Likes