Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Witch Stereotypes - Garnet

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Witch Stereotypes

Challenge entry - Garnet

But what is a stereotype? It’s a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea

of a particular type of person or thing.

In this challenge, I’m going to use the female pronoun, but there are as many male witches

out there today.

When one thinks of a witch, it might be the infamous character Margaret Hamilton

played in ‘The Wizard of Oz’

Endora of “Bewitched”

The White Witch, “The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe”

OH, she was a bady

And of course, we all love to hate Disney’s Ursula.

But in more enlightened times we have been given the positiveness of Witch Craft.

Glenda the good witch

Harmonie from Harry Potter,

Samantha from Bewitched

Kim Novak from Bell Book and Candle.

It’s difficult to think “Witch” without these and many, many more images coming

to mind. But in reality the witch is and has always been a product of her time.

In the early history, she was a crone, dressed in rags living in the forest with her animals.

She was a healer, no magic, just knowledge of healing herbs.

In the middle ages, (I call it the age of fear, superstition and ignorance) came the purge.

This was a time of mass murder and burnings. Many of our ancestors were lost in this

tragedy.

In more enlightened days, a Witch is ‘anyone’ with the belief and the mental fortitude
to use it.

I have come to the conclusion that it (Magick as we call it now) is neither good or bad but instead powered by the ethics and beliefs of it’s wielder.

In conclusion, we have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of magic in history. As for those of us who are still treading water? Don’t worry, be strong and determined, and let no one lead you away from the path you have chosen.

We are mighty together.

Blessed be

Garnet

11 Likes

Beautifully said :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

How lovely, Garnet. You have such a way with words!

6 Likes

Yes! :clap: :clap: :clap: ← That’s me giving a standing ovation to this line lol I love this, Garnet!

6 Likes

100% agree and love your entry (as always), my sweet @Garnet !!!

Love you Bev. :heart:

6 Likes

Your words always feel like a hug, Garnet :hugs::two_hearts: I feel blessed to get to hear your wisdom- thank you for sharing your thoughts and encouragement and love!

You do the same, my friend- keep on being your wonderful witchy self! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes