What are your favorite ways of cleansing and releasing?

I am interested in hearing what everyone’s practices are for letting go of grief, a bad day, getting rid or physical ailments, feeling like residual energy is attched to you. Do you do rituals, spells visualise?
I am always on the look out for new tools. Please share with me!

16 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a total water witch, it’s a bath for me. :laughing: But I really do benefit from physical sensations to help me achieve this and the bath is the most accessible as I don’t live near nice places to go for walks anymore.

This sounds a bit extreme but it was really one of the most cleansing feeling ones I’ve done:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/bathing-in-the-blood-of-my-enemies-a-hibiscus-rose-infused-experience/47467

The only thing that could’ve improved it would’ve been the scrub I used last night with coconut oil, shea butter, and almond oil in it. :grin:

15 Likes

I either take a cleansing bath to cleanse and release or do the egg spell where I pass the egg all over my body letting it lift the negativity off me then I go to the cross roads leave it and walk away without looking back or I break it into a glass cover it with salt and flush it. :triple_moon_goddess: :hekate_wheel:

14 Likes

That was the first thing on my mind when I saw the title :joy::joy:

12 Likes

Just a shower or swimming me being a Pisces I feel the effects water with me works well

I can’t say anything for fire signs lol

13 Likes

I have an idea.

[Tenor]

Or is that just us chaos witches? :thinking:

Well, I’m an earth sign, so don’t quote me on that. :innocent:

14 Likes

Hahahaha my thoughts exactly

12 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Our music rewriten witches style

Thanks Crystal. I appreciate this. When you say a cross roads does that mean a intersection of two streets? I am city witch… :night_with_stars::broom::woman_mage::magic_wand:

15 Likes

Thank you @starborn i will think about using that for my bath this week

15 Likes

Thanks @john1. I love a shower to clease too usuallywith salt scrub too if has been a rough day. I am an air sign but have some placements in Scorpio :scorpius:. I think this where my love of water comes from.

15 Likes

This is going to sound crazy, but I take my yoga mat (it’s waterproof) and I just sit outside under my apple tree in the rain. Just sit and zone out. Feels great. :sparkling_heart:

I’m a fire sign, probably explains why I’ve always got a candle lit when I’m home (fire cleanse) :grin:

16 Likes

I am drawn to swim in the ocean - it really works for me xx

15 Likes

I am an Earth sign [Capricorn] with a fire horoscope [Aries] I walk with bare feet on the earth and ask her to draw all the negativity in the soul and body or I sit in front of a candle looking at the fire and feel the flame draw all the heavy when I have it on me and it burns… :pentagram: :two_hearts:

16 Likes

@celineelise yes that’s exactly what I mean :+1: :pink_heart: :hekate_wheel:

14 Likes

There have been some great suggestions already shared (and I second/third/etc the spiritual bath or shower - that’s such a great way to cleanse mind, body, and spiritual all in one!).

Personally, I’ve found that physically getting away from the area where I was feeling bad energy helps a lot. This could be a person, a group, my computer or TV (like if I’ve been watching the news - it really makes me feel down), a place, etc - anywhere or anything that has been causing or nurturing anxiety or bad energy. Just up and get away from it.

Going outside into the fresh air surrounded by trees or at the ocean is like hitting the reset button. It helps me clear my mind, relax, and release any emotions or tension.

Then, after the reset, I can usually go back with a clearer mind and calmer heart. Sometimes I’ll need to do a follow-up smoke cleanse or sound cleanse in the space too. This is as easy as lighting some incense and wafting it through the area, or playing some relaxing music :notes: :incense:

I hope you can find some great new methods and tools to add to your practice! :sparkles:

Good luck and blessed be!

16 Likes

If I have excess energy in my body, dancing it off can feel so good :heart_on_fire:

Getting back to balance… I like to sit down, visualize roots reaching deep into the Earth, releasing everything that I don’t need and drawing back gentle nourishment… then visualize a pillar of light, a channel to the Source, filling me with light and burning off whatever toxicity might be left, and the two energies meeting at my heart center… just sitting with it for a while, and taking that feeling with me when I open my eyes again. :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

All of the above! I adore Yoga with Adriene and she has some great videos for grielf, anger, forgiveness, detox… Here is a link to those videos

I use the Balance App for meditation and they have great meditations for this as well!

Cleansing baths/showers, cord cutting, calling back energy are some of the spells and rituals I use.

16 Likes

A crossroad is an intersection between two or more roads, or sidewalks, trails, or footpaths. As constructed or as deconstructed as you would like (or can find).

14 Likes

Thank you for explaining it better @Artemisia :+1::grin::heartpulse: :infinite_roots:

9 Likes