What are your favorite witchy books?

I love books. When people ask what I want for a gift, my answer is nearly always “oh get me this book”. I will admit that often I get them and dont always read them. I just love the look of books on my shelves :joy:

I have began to build up a collection of “witchy” books ranging from spells, herbs and oils to astrology, runes and tarot. I also have a bit of a collection on my kindle too.

I do like the Cunningham books. They were amazing when I first started out and still contain a wealth of knowledge that i go back to. Recently, this has become one of my favourites:

I am an animal person and i have always felt that animals like me too. Dogs and cats will come over to me and expect to be petted. Even at the zoo, the animals come over to me at the fence or window. This book explains the significance of many animals and the energies they bring. It also explains how to awaken and connect with your animal totem, read signs from nature and provides rituals for honoiring your animal.

Mundanely i love a good crime novel. Karin Slaughter books are a good read on the beach or aeroplane but they can be a bit gruesome.:see_no_evil:

I do love these books though:

Blessed be

Alan

12 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Hahahee lazy typist here photo speaks a 1000 words x

Not including my actual mugul books

Fav author Fiction David/Leigh Eddings and Brian Lumbly :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So I bought these books!:books::laughing:
@john1 I bought your book too!

I’ll have to check her out! Thank you! :blush:

@Artemisia I also like Scott Cunningham and Arin Murphy-Hiscock. I love series! I have read *The Lord of the Rings.:blush::heart:

I have had this book on my wishlist for quite some time! Based on your list, I’m going to buy it! Like I need more books :books::laughing:I haven’t read half of them I have :rofl:

Me too! :rofl::laughing:

So true! You have a great collection! :purple_heart::blush:

Ok. Here’s my lists:

Witchy books :books::
Arin Murphy-Hiscock, The House Witch, The Green Witch and Witch’s Guide to Self-Care. These were the first witchy books I bought and I love them! I still reference them often.
Llewellyn’s Book of Correspondences I love reference books! :laughing:
Amy Blackthorn, Blackthorn’s Protection Magic

Generally, I like Llewellyn’s publications. I love the little books.

Mundane books :books::

Mark Nepo, The Book of Awakening. It has a daily story and some questions to ponder.
Diana Gabaldon, The Outlaner Series such a fantastic story. A woman travels back in time. She was considered a witch and almost burned at the stake. There’s a lot of violence and other triggers.
Tiffany Reisz, Original Sinners series. @CelestiaMoon , I hope I’m not being presumptuous, but you might like this series. It’s about BDSM but it is very respectful and accurate, in my opinion.

My favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. His writing is mostly poems and short stories, so I didn’t list him.

I prefer hard copies. I tend to buy used books.

I use MyLibrary app to catalog my books, but I have a lot more to do.

My bookshelf I organize by topic, then alphabetically. I just did this, but I don’t like the way it looks :laughing::rofl: I want to put all the big books together.

Anyway. Thank you for all your replies and sharing your favorite books :books::blush::purple_heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll be sure to check her out! :blush: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

I totally forgot about another book series I love! The series is Reapers, Inc. By Angela Roquet. It’s about a girl who in the afterlife becomes a grim reaper. It’s her job. She dates demons. They also talk about other gods from other cultures. It’s a fun and easy read. It’s fiction, maybe a little witchy? It’s a great read for days when you need a little humor or distraction!

Here’s a brief summary

A “grim” urban fantasy series full of mythology, dark humor, and paranormal romance!It’s a hard-knock afterlife… Lana Harvey is a reaper, and a lousy one at that. …

10 Likes

Hey @Sivonnah do you like Vampires? :vampire: check out Brian Lumley -Necroscope series the first book is a little slow but sets up the character after this can’t put it down epic x

11 Likes

I do! I do! :raised_hands: :black_heart:

10 Likes

I’ll check it out thank you!

10 Likes

Only if they look like this

Image from Pinterest

:rofl:

11 Likes

My favs so far are At Satan’s Altar by Marie Ravensoul

S Connely demonaltry book

Lucifer princeps by Peter Grey

edit also rites of lucifer by temple of ascending flame

10 Likes

Very dapper

10 Likes

Good point. There are some vampires in fiction that I want zero association with. :laughing:

10 Likes

Give me Edward

9 Likes

Gary was the best…:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@Artemisia Absolutely, I love that film. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

@Artemisia @tracyS OH! Is that the Dracula movie with Keanu Reeves??

9 Likes

@Devenne Edward, twilight. I actually love those books. They can go on my favourite witchy books if they count

9 Likes

@starborn Yes that’s the one :grin:

9 Likes