What are your favorite witchy books?

I couldn’t wait til next week to post this! :laughing::blush:

What are your favorite witchy books? :books: Which ones have helped you the most in your practice? Do you have a favorite author?

How bout non-witchy books? What are your favorites? Do you have a favorite author?

Of course I have to think about this! I have to look through my books! :books:

13 Likes

Oh my gosh. This is going to be an essay :rofl:. Will get them all out and get back to you :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Favourite authors I can do.
Witchy: Dagulf Loptson, Juliet Diaz, Sally Morningstar, S Connolly

Helped me in the craft. All 4. Dagulf Loptson helped me connect with the beastie (Loki), Sally Morningstar got me on the road to the craft, Juliet Diaz helped me in my practice and Connolly helped me meet and greet the demons. :grin:

Non witchy author, Alice Hoffman hands down, I can read her books over and over. :sparkling_heart:

I’ll have to get back to you on the book list. :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Hahahaha :rofl::laughing::purple_heart:

8 Likes

I forgot I have more questions! :rofl::laughing:
Do you prefer a hard copy or e-book?

How do you organize you books on your bookshelf? Alphabetically? Size? Topic?

How do you catalog your books? I have to do this! I have duplicate books! :rofl::laughing:

I started using this app. You just scan the ISBN!

8 Likes

I’ll be back later to add mine

9 Likes

Favorite witchy books are anything related to tarot, pendulum work, shadow work, and numerology. No favorite witchy author.

Other books favorite author Stephen King. Favorite books by him would be the dark tower series.

I organize my books by genre then as read and unread. And then those are organized alphabetically.

I prefer hardcover books then paperback. I spend too much time on electronics already so don’t want to do my reading on ebook.

9 Likes

I can’t think of any favorite witchy books right now - it’s been too long since I’ve read one that I really, really enjoyed :sweat_smile:

(also @Sivonnah – I hope you don’t mind but I adjusted the title for clarity to others :blush:)

7 Likes

This one

One spell this book has to offer

Almost creating a servitor

8 Likes

Replying just so I get it in my brain to think about. Had a heckuva day and too tired to look at my books and decide now, but I’ll do my best after work tomorrow! :thinking: :books:

8 Likes
  • Kelden, The Crooked Path: An Introduction to Traditional Witchcraft
  • Stephanie Woodfield, Dark Goddess Craft: A Journey through the Heart of Transformation
  • Kate Freuler & Mat Auryn, Of Blood and Bones: Working with Shadow Magick & the Dark Moon
  • Witch Foot, Spellcasting Companion for Physical Witchcraft: An A-Z Guide of Magical Ingredients
  • Arin Murphy-Hiscock, The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More
  • Amy Blackthorn, Blackthorn’s Botanical Magic: The Green Witch’s Guide to Essential Oils for Spellcraft, Ritual & Healing

The first three above have helped me the most, but I’ve used Witch Foot’s the most for reference. I just don’t like how many pages she leaves blank for note writing in the book, though. I refuse to mark my books with my ugly scribbles, so they’re just wasted pages. All of my notes go into Notion or my BoS, instead.

That’s too difficult…

Fiction-wise, I think I enjoy my sci-fi the most, but there are a couple of exceptions.

• Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, and Queen of the Damned (but not much beyond that because she’s already making Lestat this Overpowered Favourite Character kind of thing by the time you get to the end of these)
  • Richard Matheson, I Am Legend (the amazing book has absolutely nothing to do with the movie)
  • Isaac Asimov, I, Robot (again, the book has almost nothing to do with the movie other than the names and a few scenes), The Foundation Series
  • Cixin Liu, The Three-Body Problem
  • Iain M. Banks, The Culture Series

I’m getting into Ted Chiang and Adrian Tchaikovsky books as well, but it’s too soon to say.

Non-fiction-wise, I think, perhaps, some of these.

• David Graeber, Debt: The First 5000 Years
  • Michael Parenti, Inventing Reality: The Politics of News Media
  • Mark Fisher, Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
  • Jon Ronson, The Men Who Stare at Goats
  • Paul Cockshott, How the World Works: The Story of Human Labor from Prehistory to the Modern Day

I have a lot of favourites, so it’s hard only to pick a few from each category, but there you go.

I prefer hard copies, but they’re more expensive, and at some point, it’s hard to make room for them, and then moving homes with them becomes really painful.

By topic, then alphabetically by author, then by book title. However, in parts of the non-fiction section, particularly when it gets into physics, sometimes I go by size.

I don’t. The catalogue is in my head. Only about a hundred or more logged in there. :laughing:

8 Likes

Thank you :blush:

8 Likes

@john1 who is the author of that book? Can’t quite ready it! That book looks great! I’ve been interested in servitors and this might be a spell to consider! I definitely could use a house guardian!

I finally have an eye doctor appointment for new :eyeglasses: glasses! Maybe then I can see these things!

@Artemisia I’m still working on my list!

@starborn I have The Crooked Path. I have not read it yet.
I have read The Green Witch and House Witch and Witch’s Guide to Self-Care all by the same author. They are #1 on my list.
I don’t know all the books on your "mundane” list.
I’ve added some books from all your books to my wishlist.
I tend to buy used books from eBay, Thriftbooks, Second Sale and Amazon for very reasonable prices, but I’m in the US so I’m not sure if there’s a difference.

@MeganB I don’t mind at all!

8 Likes

I don’t read much anymore but I get most of my witchy books from DJ Conway. She makes things so simple with her layouts and is very in tune with the historical aspects of Wicca or any subject she writes on!

As for non-witchy literature, I was a huge Percy Jackson fan as a kid and any of Rick Riordan’s series have been able to grab my attention long enough to read through whole series.

7 Likes

I can give more thorough descriptions of any, if there’s any interest. :black_heart:

I could probably find some secondhand books here as well, but I really have to donate a bunch of books first.

Unfortunately, the things I’m giving away probably aren’t of any interest to anyone here. I can add the list of items somewhere, maybe the gifting thread, if there’s any interest there, too. But it’s like, Stephen King stuff, random fantasy stuff, a bunch of Warhammer books, some web development books, some Japanese language learning books, and a bunch of manga (English, Japanese, and Chinese).

8 Likes

Ann-marie her name is

6 Likes

7 Likes

I think my first Wiccan book was Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham. I remember pouring over that book at night. While I don’t still have that copy I currently own Wicca / Living Wicca / The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brew by Cunnigham. Favorite authors: Lisa Chamberlain, Arin Murphy-Hiscock, Sorita d’este, Cyndi brannen

Favorite authors:

• Ray Bradbury
  • Stephen King
  • Anne Rice

Favorite books:

• The Story of Edgar Sawtell by David Wroblewski
  • Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
  • Mysts of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  • Memnoch the Devil: by Anne Rice.

Favorite series:

HARD COPY!!! For my favorite books, I have hardbacks, others paperbacks, and I do have a ton of digital books.

I organize my fiction books by author, and then by publication date within a series. Non-fiction is arranged by topic, sub-topic then size.

9 Likes

@starborn I would definitely be interested in any Stephen King books you would have!

9 Likes

The Stephen King books I have left are these classics:

(Sorry for the poor quality photo.)

If you’d like any/all, PM me which ones and where you’d like them sent. :black_heart:

10 Likes