What could I do with all this ginger? 😂

Oh, thank you everyone for the helpful responses!! I really appreciate it :relaxed:

6 Likes

I use ginger root in herbal medicine. It’s wonderful to have on hand. I slice mine and dry it.

9 Likes

I just love candied Ginger.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing the recipe :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re welcome! It’s an Alton Brown recipe, so it’s sure to be good! LOL!

6 Likes

Sick season is coming.you could make some home made cough drops or a few months ago someone posted a recipe for Ginger Lemon Wellness Shots :lemon:

7 Likes

this is a must try… Didn’t know you could make candied ginger​:purple_heart::purple_heart:

7 Likes

It’s supposed to be very good for nausea.

7 Likes

I have heard that & remember my grandmother giving me natural ginger ale when I was sick.

7 Likes

You can make hot tea with it. Cut just a few if it and boil it in water, add milk; sorry I don’t know the measures, butter, a little of sugar of your liking and what voila, hot ginger Puerto Rican tea.

8 Likes

I have a 8oz bag of dried ginger. I use that for tea or jar spells. The fresh, I’m going to try and make candied ginger. I’m only going to make a little because I’m the only one in the house who likes ginger.

6 Likes

@Amethyst you’re right! I just remembered that ginger is the main ingredient in the preggy pops that Justin used to buy me for morning sickness with our son

6 Likes

I love ginger tea!! I always make it this way!!

7 Likes

You’re right! It’s also good for colds and any other tummy problems. Ginger ale is used for the same reasons. I used to drink so much ginger ale when I was pregnant.

7 Likes

You could always make a homemade batch of ginger ale. Don’t know if you have enough ginger for that though. Candied ginger seems your best bet. Good luck cooking, sweetie!

7 Likes

Thank you!! Once I make them, I’ll share with you all!! :grin:

6 Likes

MMmm, candied ginger. Yum!

5 Likes

If you like asian food, General Tsos has ginger in the recipe. I love it!!
You have an awesome son.

BB

6 Likes

Ooh, yes you’re right!! Yum :yum:

5 Likes