Serves 8 (serving size: 1 oz.)

Ingredients:

3 lemons, peeled
½ cup water, plus more when serving
⅓ cup chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons honey
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:

Process lemons, water, and ginger in a blender on high until well blended and frothy, about 2 minutes.

Pour mixture through a mesh strainer into a clean jar or container; discard solids.

Stir in honey and cayenne. To serve, stir 1 oz. ginger-lemon shot with 1 oz. water, and shoot!

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

8 Likes

What a fun way to chase off a cold- I am loving the sound of these wellness shots! I imagine the hint of pepper gives it quite a kick :joy::+1: :hot_pepper:

I have to admit I’m a bit tempted to add a bit of alcohol in as well- perhaps a bit of hard cider? Or honey wine might be a nice touch too, since there’s already honey in the mix! :yum::honey_pot: :wine_glass:

This one is definitely going on the to-make list! Thanks so much for sharing @Amethyst :heart::pray:

3 Likes

Ooh, liquor may make it work better. Not sure, I’m not big on alcohol and it’s effects. I’m allergic to it, sad to say. But that sounds yummy!

Glad you liked my friend!

3 Likes

I have lemon :lemon:and ginger but no honey :honey_pot: or pepper :hot_pepper: :pensive:

4 Likes

I have the pepper, but none of the other stuff. I’d have to stock up if I got sick.

1 Like

Thanks again, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Even just lemon and ginger can make a very soothing blend- you could steep in them hot water for a soothing tea! If the flavor seems too strong, a spoonful of sugar can sweeten it nicely :yum::tea:

I don’t think too much can be done culinary-wise with pepper alone :sweat_smile: But you could always add it to magick spells to give your spellwork quite the fiery boost! :hot_pepper: :fire::sparkles:

1 Like

I don’t have a blender for this anyhow, but it looks like it would be nice and healthy.

1 Like