What herbs can be used to increase energy?

So, I’ve mentioned I’ve been sleeping ALOT! :sleeping: I have had very little energy to do much of anything, including showering :shower: :frowning: (I do shower, it just takes a lot of energy and makes me feel tired :tired_face:)
Are there any herbs :herb: or teas :tea: that can increase my energy? I’ve seen some spells, but I’m looking for something to enhance/compliment the spells. Thank you! :blush:

14 Likes

I think ginseng, peppermint, and rosemary might be some?

Ashwagandha helps me, but I have ADHD, so take that with a grain of salt the size of your palm. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

@starborn ashwagandha may be a good option! My doctor mentioned maybe a mild stimulant might help, but would be a last resort

14 Likes

@starborn I ordered some tea and some drops. We’ll see if it helps.

12 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention… I had long COVID fatigue for over half a year and someone recommended ashwagandha and brahmi for it. (Yes, I forgot that I had long COVID. My brain is questionable sometimes. :crazy_face:)

I eventually got better. But there were too many variables at play and I didn’t start taking them until I was six months in, so I can’t actually say if they helped. :slightly_frowning_face:

13 Likes

I’ve used ginseng, it worked well. Hope your teas/herbs help :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

I like the effects of ginger, myself. I get the hard candies whenever available. Then I can choose to suck on one any time or melt one in a cup for tea.

Ginger chews tend to get more spicy for me, but they can be cut up and put into spells in a pinch.

The after effects of the ginger take a little time on me, but my system is on a delay anyway.

11 Likes

I just found this on Ashwagandha:

10 Likes

Thank you @georgia @starborn @tracyS :blush::purple_heart:

10 Likes

Kale is strong in engery

10 Likes

Nettle is very nourishing and gives me energy when used regularly :herb:

:goat:

11 Likes

Here are a few suggestions from one of my favorite herb websites.

9 Likes

@Artemisia Awesome! Thank you :blush: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I didn’t realize I had this tea!

8 Likes

I love chai!!! Have you tried this one?

It is my favorite.
I was struggling with some chronic fatigue about 6 years ago. I found out I had hypothyroidism. And now i take meds and have energy again.
But this is what I have used to help me with energy. I like yerba mate because it doesn’t make me jittery like other caffinated beverages.

I also suggest b vitamins, vitamin d also i take these in the morning cause thy tend to keep me awake when i don’t,.

9 Likes

My doctor is checking my vitamin levels. I take vitamin D daily and I get a B12 injection every 3 months. I take a bunch of other ones too

Is that chai tea or is it like a powder mix?

7 Likes

Is that chai tea or is it like a powder mix?

Yes it is a powder mix. It is delicious. I love it. I add oat milk to it.

7 Likes

It’s on my wish list! I’m gonna try some of my tea and ashwagandha first. I don’t wanna throw too many things to the mix or I won’t know what’s helping! Your chai sounds wonderful and I would drink it simply for the enjoyment :blush::purple_heart:

6 Likes

This would’ve also been my suggestions

7 Likes

Hey! All good ideas here, but please run them by your healthcare professional first! I do not know your medical history, but there are so many interactions between herbs (because they ARE a medicine) and your prescribed/ over the counter meds. Use caution first, always ask! Im a nurse practitioner, and I am always a little concerned when I see a complex medical history and herbal remedies mixed with regular meds. Some truly are ok, but some can screw with your regular meds - and yes I have seen these awful cases. Its so hard when you just want to feel better!

Now, me personally, I run on about 5-7 cups of plain black coffee or caffeinated tea each day. Also, years ago, I cut back on my white sugar in take and I felt like a new person
Make sure you’re also drinking plenty of water- most of the human population is dehydrated at some level and its a huge energy sap.
Consider having your thyroid levels checked as well- another easy to overlook cause which is more prominent in women. Also consider testing for anemia, another common energy sap with easy fixes.

Praying you get answers and feel better fast!!
Blessed be!

7 Likes