What is this?

Any idea what this is? I was thinking maybe Pegmatite AKA Moonstone Tourmaline

6 Likes

No idea, will watch this space so I can find out too. :sparkling_heart::grin:

3 Likes

Hi @Nixi!

I ran a quick image search and got pretty mized results- everything from “Bi-Color Moonstone” to sunstone to titanate to grey agate and more.

Not very helpful for narrowing down, I’m afraid :sweat_smile:

If it has the traces of shiny blue (similar to labradorite) I’d say moonstone, but otherwise I haven’t got a solid guess. I’m not a crystal expert though, so hopefully those who are will come share their guesses too! :blush: :gem:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

It reminds me of some type of quartz, but I’m not sure… :thinking:

Sorry, hopefully someone else has a better answer lol

4 Likes

Apparently it is supposed to be bi-color moonstone. I decided to buy it even though I knew I shouldn’t. It wasn’t what I set out looking for and I wasn’t sure what it was but I figured either way I’d have a nice new crystal.

I have it in my hand and I still don’t know what it is. What I do know is that it looks nothing like the picture.

It could still be moonstone, one of the pictures I took would support that. I have tried and tried to duplicate that shot and can’t. I could take 20 pictures of this thing and none would be the same.

A couple angles make me wonder if it’s calcite.

What do y’all think?

2 Likes

I’m with you, Nixi- the stone you got looks nothing like the first picture. The colors are totally different! :astonished:

Again, I’m no crystal expert, but for comparison here is a moonstone I bought at a crystal shop in Kielce that I trust:

It’s a cheap piece of stone, but there’s a little bit of that beautiful signature blue highlight inside that helps identify it as a moonstone.

My guess would be that you got something else- perhaps send a picture to the seller and let them know? They should be able to confirm what it is for you :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.