What to do to purify after illness

So we’ve all been sick here for a while. Now that we’re healing, what should I do to get rid of leftover “junk” so to speak? Obviously cleanse my space, but are there other things you do?

16 Likes

Sounds crazy but I like to sit outside, with my favourite hot drink and just sit, no matter the weather. I think it’s because when we’re ill, we’re stuck indoors. Even if you can’t get outside, to sit by a wide open window and just stare out, can be very relaxing. :green_heart:

16 Likes

Yes! I’ve been able to get out the last 2 days and it helps. Next few days are going to be cold so I can’t open my windows. I look forward to getting fresh air and connecting with Mother Nature :blush:

14 Likes

One thing I like to do if I can is to open literally every window in my house to air it out. This helps move the energy in the home but it also helps clear out any stagnant air and germs that may be hanging around!

12 Likes

Yes, when it warms up a bit more I will! I love to have my windows open! 6

12 Likes

You and me, both!

13 Likes

After illness, I wash all the sheets and towels, vacuum, and air out the house. If it’s too cold, I still manage 30-45 minutes and use my favorite incense. I make sure I get outside in the sun for a walk, hike, run, garden, or something to recharge myself in the light.

In my mind, I feel like cleaning things that “absorb”, letting fresh air in & stale out, and recharging myself in the sun is the best thing for me to reset and cleanse. It’s what I did after Covid in November and Flu in January.

14 Likes

Same me too. I like hearing the crickets at night and the warm breeze

14 Likes

As I put away the health supports I will not be needing anymore, I pull out something which represents what I am looking forward to. Maybe I’ll put an item on my to do list which will happen a bit further into the future than just cleansing.

What do I want to do with the renewed health or energy? How would I like to redefine myself? Why did I survive? How did the experience help me to grow (we can’t always see such things in the middle of our illness or weakness, so I plan times to revisit and make the best of the difficult situation).

13 Likes

I’m doing that today!

I don’t get to hear crickets​:cricket: much, but there’s lots of birds :bird: Haven’t heard any geese yet though!

Definitely hard to see the purpose in being ill, but it’s a reminder to take better care of myself!

The next week is only going to be in the 30s and 40s :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::cold_face:

The past few days I’ve been able to get out. It’s not easy, but good for me! I went to dinner with my friend. I went to my son’s baseball game. Went for groceries yesterday. I’ve been able to enjoy the sun :sunny: and warmer temperatures. It’s been energizing and refreshing! I had some time to connect with Gaia

12 Likes

Honestly, I think the best thing is to open your doors & windows to air out the environment. Sometimes I will burn incense as well while the windows are open. A lot of times our living quarters become stagnant with stale air that isn’t good for us.

I personally will bundle up & go sit out in the cold to breathe in fresh air as well & do some grounding. I’m sure my neighbors think I am insane but it’s how I help to heal myself.

12 Likes

I can’t get outside by myself right now. Waiting for my stupid wheelchair ramp… Ugh. I can’t stand the cold anymore either. I have been able able to open some windows though even if it’s just a crack. I burned some sage and Palo incense. It smells sooo good!

9 Likes