What tools should I consecrate?

Hello everyone!
So I am quite excited. This next Full Moon I am going to have a ceremony of self dedication to the God and Goddess. I would also like to consecrate my tools. I do have a question I am going some of you could help me with tho! What tools should I do this with??? Like, do I need to consecrate my libation dish and the offering bowls? What about my bell, my statues or pentagram? Can anyone please help me here??? :pray:t2: I’m obviously a new witch, but I am so excited. I can feel that this is the path I am supposed to be on… :sparkles: :star: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Okay, I’m going to start with something difficult, but please bear with me!

Firstly, it’s entirely up to you. I know, I know, that’s not helpful. But really, you can consecrate absolutely everything if you wish. Or just a couple of things.

Some of us haven’t consecrated anything at all. Some have consecrated everything. It boils down to what you’re comfortable with.

But wait, what if you’re not sure what you’re comfortable with yet?

Well, do I have the solution for you! For just six monthly pa… Wait, sorry, wrong script.

If you’re excited to get into things, and it seems you are, you might want to consecrate everything. Not because you need to, but because it can be fun and give you a lot of confidence as a new witch that everything is set and in order. :black_heart:

Like, you know when Ariel, the mermaid, starts to sing about how all of her things are pretty neat? Yeah, that kind of confidence in all your things being awesome. :sparkles:

[source]

10 Likes

That is so perfect!!! Lmao! I do feel like Ariel with her trove of treasures! And that does help a lot. Thank you so much!!! :heart:

10 Likes

I mean… how can I come in here and compete with @starborn’s answer? :rofl: Kidding, of course, but that answer is pretty perfect! :clap: I’m just popping in to second the fact that you only need to consecrate things if it’s what you want to do.

For me, consecration is the act of making an object sacred and giving it purpose. I have only done this maybe two or three times in my practice. It changes so much, and I’m a witch that flies by the seat of my broom :witch_broom: so often, my practice doesn’t look the same day to day.

All that to say I hope you enjoy consecrating your tools!

9 Likes

I’ve only consecrated specific items that I have devoted to a deity, like my wand, boline, and athame. The rest are cleansed and charged as needed. I feel like the wind got taken out of my sails after @starborn 's wonderful response :wink: I kid, but she did a wonderful job of addressing and answering your question before I even saw it! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Be you a witch or not, is there a problem with having everything sacred? :sweat_smile:

:goat:

8 Likes

haha no, there absolutely is not! :joy:

9 Likes

This was intimidating for me when I first showed up here. To have to consecrate everything I have. I thought it would take forever. But it didn’t. It’s super easy to do most of it all in one sweep maybe two. Of course this is totally up to you. But after I consecrated my items I was unsure what I had worried about. Probably the easiest thing I’ve done.

7 Likes