What's this?

Everytime I go into the forum from the browser I see that same message. I never see it when I’m on the app.

7 Likes

Maybe reset the caches on the web browser settings for that website ? @moderators

Imma phone a friend

6 Likes

And when you’ve won How to be a millionaire, you come visit :rofl:

6 Likes

Due to extreme load, this is temporarily being shown to everyone as a logged out user would see it.

I’ve seen this message pop up a few times over the past few months, but it doesn’t seem to alter anything (at least on my end) - everything is still viewable and can still be interacted with. The message goes away after a few minutes or so.

My best guess is that it pops up during the busiest times when there’s a large number of us all in the forum at the same time. Again, it doesn’t seem to actually limit what we can do/see - but I’ll keep an eye out for the next time it pops up! :eyes: :+1:

Hmmm - does this issue only happen while you are on Firefox, @CelestiaMoon? Or does it happen on another browser too (like Safari, Chrome, etc)? :thinking:

6 Likes

Only on Firefox, both desktop and mobile… I’ve been using Chromium on my desktop for the forum with no problems.

Yesterday when the forum stopped loading on my phone again, I tried if I could visit the main site. I could, and I could go to the forum from there too. After that the other forum tabs were working again, and I haven’t had any problems since then. Might be some kind of a cache thing. I haven’t had that problem with any other site, though this is the only forum that I’m on.

The desktop issue is a more severe one, after a few minutes of browsing the whole browser hangs and needs to be restarted. It’s a very new issue, it appeared maybe a week or two ago.

7 Likes

Hahaha that’s exactly why I put the comment

6 Likes

That’s quite the crash! Tagging the tech-savy @Francisco here. Perhaps there is a way to check how the forum interacts with one browser in particular (in this case, Firefox) :mag:

In the meantime I would recommend sticking to the other browser to try and avoid the crashes.

Thank you very much for the details, Celestia! :pray:

7 Likes

When it happens to me it’s always in the Safari browser

7 Likes

Thank you for the note, Alicia! :pray:

To clarify, the problem you are experiencing in Safari is a crashing browser (where everything shuts down) or the error message (Due to extreme load…) ?

5 Likes

The error message due to extreme load and the crashing happens most times when I try to use the browser.

6 Likes

Okay, a combination of both - apologies for the inconvenience, @alicia26! I imagine it is frustrating to experience.

Thank you very much to you (and everyone else too!) who has shared details while this is being looked into! :pray:

5 Likes

Hi all!

There have been some updates on the site, so time for a quick check in - has anyone experienced the “Due to extreme load” error message in the past few days?

4 Likes

I’ve never seen it, but then I only use my phone and the app :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

No I haven’t seen it through the browser. Whatever was done helped. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank you @tracyS and @alicia26! :pray:

Excellent! I’m happy to hear it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In case anyone experiences any problems in the future while exploring the forum and/or the main site (be it error messages or otherwise), please feel free to let us know!

Blessed be and happy exploring! :compass: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Nope nothing

Except I have a a notification that is up but there aren’t any notifications.

Probably gotta reset again.

Too lazy now

Ok it’s gone :joy:

4 Likes

Hahaha seems like it resolved itself! :grin: :+1:

Great! Thanks, Devenne! :heart: :pray:

4 Likes