What's your Favorite Movie? (Witchy or Not)

“My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!”

I LOOOOOVE THIS MOVIE :black_heart:

1 Like

@BryWisteria they stopped it after the fans started protesting. I’m just glad they listened.

@Oh_My_Wonderland I love that quote! There are so many good lines in this movie. It’s so good!

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear that :grin: Let me know what you think if you end up watching it :blush:

2 Likes

Another Princess Bride fan- hooray! :partying_face::two_hearts: I’m struggling to think of any other classics that could compare- Princess Bride is just the perfect blend of all the best tropes and the best kind of humor :laughing:

Same here! :raised_hands: I think for most movies, the first is the best. And then any sequels they decide to do later down the line go downhill from there.

Although… when series plan ahead and count on sequels before they begin (like with Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings) any movie in the series is fair game for being the best :grin:

Anyone else think the third Harry Potter movie is the best one? It’s definitely the one I always find myself re-watching! :mantelpiece_clock::zap: :woman_mage:

1 Like

I think it’s the best movie, but Goblet of Fire is the best book. Then again I read a lot of Harry Potter fan fiction where they fix things so I live in a world of fantasy of fantasy. LOL.

1 Like

I agree Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie, but @Amethyst you’re right about the Goblet of Fire being the best book :wink: I’m an avid HP fan, even have a deathly hallows tattooed on my chest!

My favorite movies: Requiem for a Dream, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Kids, Harry Potter series and countless more random movies!

4 Likes

@haley My favorite Harry Potter stuff to read doesn’t come from JK Rowling. I read fan fiction a lot, where people like you and me write their own stories with the characters. There is some really good stuff out there and there are some stinkers. But it’s fun and it’s free, which is always two things I like. LOL.

It’s hard to pick one movie, isn’t it?

3 Likes

So many movies, so little time!!

Those two are definitely in my top 10! Another one I like in that vein is Trainspotting

4 Likes

Yes! Love Trainspotting as well.

I always look at myself crazy, because I grew up on these movies and still ended up with a very scary heroin/meth addiction. Grateful that I crawled my way out of it & found myself here, but I certainly didnt heed the messages those movies showed us!

5 Likes

Congratulations on turning your life around! That’s inspiring and I’m glad you made it through.

Personally the toilet scene in Trainspotting was enough to scare me straight for the most part :laughing:

(Youtube link in case somebody hasn’t seen it yet!)

5 Likes

I would have to say my favorite movie series is The Hobbit Trilogy, it has a lot of great lessons to be learned from it, also, even though its a monster film Boris Karloff as Frankenstein, has a great lesson to it

4 Likes

I think fanfiction is a great way to further explore familiar worlds and characters- to go deeper into story lines or fix things that didn’t go so well in the original books! :open_book::laughing: And yes, you can’t beat fun and free! :+1:

Congrats to you, @haley! :raised_hands: It sounds like a tough time- you are one strong witch for overcoming these challenges and finding your way! :two_hearts:

It’s amazing the influence movies, books, and media have on our lives- they can help us through so many challenges in the real world. Stories can literally be a lifesaver sometimes! :books::heart:

I love The Hobbit too, @trey! :+1: I know the movies are very different than the book, so I tend to look at them as two totally different things. I thought the movies were fun and enjoyable, and had some new twists and storylines that were entertaining to watch! Also I really enjoyed seeing how they brought Smaug to life :dragon_face::sparkles:

4 Likes

What about Stardust? Anyone see this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wwv427DAvA

6 Likes

Ahhhhhh I forgot about Stardust!!! No one ever talks about it, but it was such a fun movie to watch! Sheesh, it’s high time to see that one again- I really enjoyed it :heart_eyes: I didn’t read the book, only the movie. Did you ever have the chance to read the book, and if so- was it as good as (or even better) than the movie, @Rowan? :open_book::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I haven’t even heard of Stardust. What’s it about?

4 Likes

I rewatch all the Harry Potter movies over and over. The the Order of the Phoenix is one of my favorites. I love the themes in this series and the castle visuals.

5 Likes

Oh, I love Stardust! Such a sweet and funny movie :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

4 Likes

It’s a not a very well-known movie, unfortunately! A hidden treasure for sure :sparkling_heart: @christine4 sums it up very well- it’s an adventure love-story comedy fantasy feel-good movie with plenty of laughs! :laughing: I thought the characters were lovable and the plot was pretty solid. If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s definitely worth a watch! :grin:

Same here! :european_castle::two_hearts: While I loved both the characters and the storyline of Harry Potter, what really captured my heart was the ambiance. That happy found-family, finding your way in the world kind of story. In both the books and movies (especially the earlier ones- the last few focused more on darker aspects), going to Hogwarts always felt like going home! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love that welcoming and loving feeling in stories, especially when it’s well balanced with magick and adventure too! :sparkling_heart::mage:

4 Likes

love Stardust…the book! Honestly I found the movie a bit poor…only highlight: the amazing Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare, he is the real star-dusting-character in the movie!

6 Likes

I’ve only seen the movie. But I should look for the book. :wink:

5 Likes