When do you decorate your altar?

I’ve been putting Sabbat dates in my yearly calendar and it got me thinking… I could plan when to decorate my altar for each sabbat. The question then is when? How soon before a sabbat do you redecorate (if you do) your altar?

9 Likes

I usually will change mine out a week or two before. I only celebrate the cross-quarter days, which mark the beginning of the seasons, so I enjoy switching mine up as we move into each season. It then stays like that, with maybe some minor modifications, throughout the season.

8 Likes

@Amaris_Bane I was thinking about doing it two-ish weeks before as well.

9 Likes

I do a lot of planning when I do my sabbat altars so I usually set it up the week before and leave it up through the sabbat week.

9 Likes

hehe I’ll be honest – I don’t :sweat_smile:

I don’t have a dedicated altar space for things like that, so I don’t decorate it. I know that’s no help, but just throwing my two cents into the mix, too :blush:

9 Likes

I have an ancestor altar, a main altar and a garden altar, I only decorate the one in the garden, otherwise they all stay about they same with the exception of changing items out as I have new ones that I prefer or to compliment a spell or chant I am doing.

I do however decorate little areas within my own home/studio, office, etc. with the changing of the sabbats, and I usually will do it a week or two before except for Samhain which I do early and mix in Fall decor, and Yule, which is just really all my Christmas decor which we do right after USA/American Thanksgiving. We usually have a thread for each sabbat where we can share each of our own pictures, recipes and spells for each one so that we can all focus the ideas all in one place, which I love!!!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.