Where did I read this? Does this sound familiar?

Back in around 2012 I started gobbling up pagan/Wicca books. I remember reading a passage that went like “First, you must acknowledge and believe that magic is real… It is possible to defy the laws of physics, it is possible to make things happen”. I’m paraphrasing, but the general message was that magic is real, and you have to truly believe in order to make it happen.

I was reading a lot of Silver RavenWolf then, as well as several intro to Wicca books like Scott Cunningham, etc. I’ve gone over those again but I can’t figure out where I read it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

11 Likes

Hi, @michelle72! So sorry, but I don’t recognize this passage. Sounds interesting though. I just wanted to pop on here and welcome you to the forum! I hope someone can find it for you!

10 Likes

Welcome, @michelle72! :heart:

Hmmm- I’m afraid nothing comes to mind immediately. Since it sounds like the author is trying to encourage beginners to start practicing magick, it could be part of the introduction to any beginner-based book about the Craft :thinking:

I ran a Google search to try and find related content/passages from a book, but all I got was chat rooms and conversations about magic and physics.

Is there perhaps another way to pinpoint what magickal books you’ve read in the past? Check your shopping history (be it Amazon, eBay, other book stores and sites), your library record, book shelves at home, books borrowed from friends, etc? You might be able to narrow it down and find the book that way!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you can find the source again, Michelle- good luck and blessed be!

11 Likes

Hi @michelle72 Welcome :hugs: That doesn’t sound familiar to me, but we have a great group of witches that will hopefully be able to help! Are you still interested in Wicca?

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @michelle72 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I don’t know where that passage came from, but it does sound like something that would have been written in a Wicca 101 book from the 90s and early 2000s. I hope you can find it!

10 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @michelle72

I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch, from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us, and I hope you find the book you are looking for! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Welcome to the coven. My name is Devenne I’m a witch from Indiana who is into a lil bit of everything :grimacing: feel free to jump in!

8 Likes

I was seeing this before to I even saw it on a book I have a few books I have and one more time on this site as well

7 Likes

welcome to the witch family!
I don’t know the book but [Yes! Magic is real, it exists, but first start with your belief in it]
Welcome!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.