Where is the crossroads

I need help figuring out what is the crossroads , I am reading spells where it tell me to throw or leave at crossroads can anyone explain ? Thank you so much

6 Likes

From what I understand a crossroads is where you have an x made up of streets like I believe we now call cross roads intersections

5 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_(folklore)
In folklore, crossroads may represent a location “between the worlds” and, as such, a site where supernatural spirits can be contacted and paranormal events can take place. Symbolically, it can mean a locality where two realms touch and therefore represents liminality, a place literally “neither here nor there”, “betwixt and between”.

Hope this helps :heart:

6 Likes

Usually it would be a 4 way intersection of roads or paths. Sometimes it will say away from your house or dirt roads.

5 Likes

Well… it depends. For Hekate, typically a three way cross is best, but a four way will do. That could be a three way stream as well. As others have said however, liminal times and spaces can also be crossroads.

4 Likes

Jumping in on this- @MeganB shared a great post about Liminal Spaces that I recommend reading (it’s one of my favorite posts!) that has more advice and suggestions for anyone who wants to do spellwork at a “crossroads” but doesn’t have a physical crossing of roads near where they are :+1:

5 Likes

You’ve been given some wonderful answers. But I’d like to throw something different into the discussion.
A crossroads is where 2 roads cross, this is correct.
What do you do at a crossroads? Do I go right, left, north, south, the answer? Choice and or direction.
Are you leaving something behind? This could be. Drop your burdens at the crossroads and continue your journey in peace.
Just a thought.
Garnet

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.