Which Mythology Do You Belong To?

I found this one interesting.

Mine came up Inuit- quiet and relaxing. I guess that fits my day. I’ve heard very few Inuit stories, and those only related to studies on shamanism, so I have some studying to do.

I answered the questions based on how I am feeling at the moment rather than what I know about any one system. The questions would be easy to stack in favor of a specific culture just by retelling the stories in your mind before you take the test, but I didn’t want to go that route.

What did you all get? Does it fit with your current studies?

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this quiz! I ended up with Greek Mythology which wasn’t surprising in the least!! :zap: :bow_and_arrow: :mountain: :swan:

13 Likes

I got:

Norse mythology: Fun! I did get matched with Odin, in the gods quiz so… maybe there’s something there.

14 Likes

I too got greek mythology

15 Likes

I got Norse and I deliberately did not pick trickster, but still got Norse. Lots of fun :rofl:

14 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

This was a fun one, and gave me the expected answer :smile_cat:

Hindu Mythology

When you picture the gods interacting with the world, it’s all about destruction and rebirth. That’s why Hindu mythology is perfect for your godly instincts: They have more than a few destroyers, but things are always rebuilt.

I answered that I’d be a lover, but also that entering my domain it’s me that the mortals should be worried about :smiling_imp: No wonder I love Kali so much :wink: :black_heart:

14 Likes

15 Likes

anigif_enhanced-9875-1501359090-9

inuit

15 Likes

This is fun, seeing everyone’s results. Thank you for sharing!

12 Likes

That’s sick love that!

12 Likes

Huh. That’s weird. I don’t think this quite fits me, but oh well.

Mesopotamian Mythology

You’re old-school in terms of the whole “ruling over mere mortals” thing, so one of the earliest recorded mythologies is probably the best one for you. Giant dragons creating the Earth? Yup. Gods killing other gods? Sure. Epic journeys with heroes and monsters. You got it!

12 Likes

Hmm… maybe I need to read more about this! Sounds pretty spot on to me!

13 Likes

Looking at the different answers the creator of this quiz seems to have a thing for power and dominion, epic battles and such :sweat_smile: The Inuit one seems to be the one peaceful option :smile:

13 Likes

Interesting focal point. I’ll have to reread the tales to see if I get the same idea. I don’t remember getting this feeling from the tales I read.

The attitude may be a feeling you are temporarily experiencing rather than a personality trait. I definitely don’t get that vibe from you on a regular basis :revolving_hearts:, but I know I go through many feelings in a month which can show up more strongly than I expect. :heart_on_fire:

… or we could go with the “consider the source” option. It sounds like we need a more balanced outlook to begin with in order to get a truer division of meaning and values.

10 Likes

I took it a 2nd time and got Hindu. I had a hard time choosing on some of them so I did it twice! :crazy_face:

10 Likes

I also got the Inuit Mythology!

The one line that really resonates with me for this one is:

Basically, as long as you respect the power of nature and don’t piss off any spirits, you’ll be golden.

Sounds about right! :clap:

9 Likes

Mesopotamian Mythology
You’re old-school in terms of the whole “ruling over mere mortals” thing, so one of the earliest recorded mythologies is probably the best one for you. Giant dragons creating the Earth? Yup. Gods killing other gods? Sure. Epic journeys with heroes and monsters. You got it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

10 Likes