Wiccan memorial?

I’m sorry for your loss. I wish I had some suggestions for what you can do for your dad’s memorial, but whatever you choose, I’m sure it will be a lovely way to honor his life.

13 Likes

Kasandra,
My dad loved the outdoors and loved Yosemite National Park :national_park: I think I want to spread his ashes on the earth :earth_africa:
I’ve never been there but I heard a lot about it!
Jeannie

13 Likes

My ear is always open my love!

13 Likes

Your welcome sweetie.

11 Likes

Not sure :thinking: who this might be!
Jeannie

14 Likes

Jeannie

13 Likes

Anyway my dad loved anything from Egypt and I think maybe in his former lives he was one .
Jeannie

13 Likes

He loved a lot of things like yoga

He was the one that helped me start yoga. Here is another one of his adorned books he loved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Jeannie

13 Likes

Can i ask, is there a bit broken off the hat at the top or is that the way it looks? Was thinking that if it was missing a piece, like feather plummage,it could be the God Amun.

Looking at it, I dont think it is a deity. I think it is a pharaoh because of the standard “left foot forward” pose. This was because of the Egyptian belief in the heart, located more to the left, being your emotional and intellectual centre. By stepping on the left, you are reinforcing this idea and also showing the Pharaoh’s willingness to step fowards and do what is needed, emotionally and intellectually, for the greater good. He is missing the beard of a pharaoh (but these werent always shown) but has a collar and appears to have the cobra on his hat.

The figure is also holding 2 rods called the Wands of Horus. They were hollow metal tubes and were filled with different materials for different purposes (including healing). The Pharaoh kept them and used them for their whole life.Their main purpose was to harmonise the Ka and Ba:

Ka - life force of the person. It sparked i to existence at birth and left the body upon death but was confined to the tomb.
Ba - the mobile part of the soul and your personality, it could fly betwwen the loving and underworld.

Eventually and if they had maintained balance, the Ka and Ba would unite to form the Akhu. This would then fly to the underworld to face the weighing of the heart before entering the afterlife.

I tried to have a look at the hieroglyphs but couldn’t quite make them out to be able to try and decode.

Sorry. I have probably raised more questions than answers but i consider it reassuring that this figure shows the tools and has the balance to move gracefully and happily into his next world.

Edit…The little coffin with the rope looks like a replica of one of Tutankhamuns inner coffins, which then places in the stone sarcophagus

Blessed be.

Alan

11 Likes

Hmm here is a better picture but I don’t see any damage. I was just wondering what it made with

That is very interesting that his left foot is out like that and that makes scene to me think of just stepping up to what needs to be done in this lifetime to be able to function.
I really do love the time you took to point out the hydrophilic. It does raise so many questions! I am going to ponder on this for a minute.
Thank you
Jeannie

11 Likes

It could be alabaster. I went to shops in Egypt where they make and sell figures/statues. You.could stand and wafch fhem being made. Alabaster was the material of choice. The Egyptians used alabaster to make cups, jars and burial items (including amulets and figurines).

11 Likes

Cosmic Curiosity,
I never heard of alabaster but I will look alabaster material up! Thank you for your help!
Jeannie

8 Likes

It was used extensively.in Egypt for cups etc but also statues. It is said that its name comes from the Egyptian a-labast which means vessels of Bast, the Egyptian Goddess. However it also means “vessels without handles” in Greek.

9 Likes

Fun facts of the day! I’m going to think of this everytime I see alabaster (which is admittedly not very often, but still!)

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, Alan :pray: :cup_tarot: :sparkles:

9 Likes