Witch Ball for 2024

I am going to start a new tradition. The last full moon of the year I am going to make a witch ball for the coming year. I made a witch ball this morning and I am going to charge under the light of the full moon tonight. I also going to do some type of ritual on New Year’s Eve. The witch ball is for Health, Prosperity and Happiness in the new year.

I started out by putting reindeer moss in the ball. The green reminds me of going for a walk in the woods, and it looks beautiful in the ball. I added:

• All Spice (Success, luck, courage and abundance)
  • Basil (Protection, self-love, general success and peace)
  • Bay Leaves (Abundance, manifesting, success. I also wrote health, prosperity and happiness on the bay leaves)
  • Cinnamon (success)
  • Clove (Abundance, new beginnings)
  • Fennel (Courage, strength
  • Rosemary (Protection, wisdom, healing)
  • Thyme (Courage, New Beginnings
  • Calendula (Happiness, love, comfort, fertility)
  • Dried Orange (Love, divination, luck & money, prosperity)
  • Rose (Love, intuition, tranquility)
  • Sea Shells (Self-love, opening doors)
  • Rose Quartz (Self-healing, self-love, balance, tranquility, harmony)
  • Amethyst (Intuition, growth, protection)
  • Salt (Protection and prosperity)
  • Keys (protection, opening doors to opportunity, new beginnings)
  • Bind Rune (I made a bind rune with a river rock and a sharpie for peace, tranquility, and unity)
  • Pyrite (physical well-being enhances strength of mind, willpower)
  • Clear Quartz (to amplify the spell)

This is only the 2nd witch ball I have made, but I am going to make it a yearly tradition. If you have made witch balls, please feel free to share!

20 Likes

It looks gorgeous :green_heart:

11 Likes

Thank you Tracy. I am going to charge it tonight under the full moon.

11 Likes

Oh, this is a wonderful idea! I don’t know that I have enough of them for the year on hand but I like the idea of making one tonight /tomorrow for the full moon!

(edit: sorry literal fever brain, just reread the post and realized you didn’t mean to make one each full moon, just at the last full moon of the year :blush:}

11 Likes

Thank you Artemisia. This one is for the entire year of 2024. The last full moon in 2024, I will make my 2025 one. I am going to take everything out of this one and cleanse and reuse the crystals.

11 Likes

Sounds like a great idea! :heart: Thinking of doing the same if I can find the right crystals (and energy to do it :laughing:)

Yours is lovely!

11 Likes

Thank you @Artemisia. You can use any crystals you have on hand. I picked out my crystals from my collection before I made the ball and just looked up the properties. I have a lot of amethyst because it’s my birth stone. I am drawn to it. Lol!

10 Likes

What a great idea! And I love how you are going to carry the crystals forward each year for continuity. Very Nice, do you have a place you plan to hang it in the house throughout the year?

11 Likes

Thank you Peter. I am going to hang it in a east window in my witch room. The sun will shine on it every morning. :sun:

12 Likes

Beautiful!

10 Likes

Thank you. I was going to seal it with wax on New Years Eve, but it smells so good I want to be able to open it through the year just to smell it. Lol!

10 Likes

Inspired by your lovely example I had

• Basil: For prosperity and abundance,
  • Rosemary: Promotes good health and overall well-being,
  • Thyme: Attracts good fortune and positive energy,
  • Mint: Brings prosperity and happiness,
  • Lavender: Encourages peace, happiness, and good health,
  • Cinnamon: Attracts wealth and prosperity,
  • Bay Leaves: Traditionally associated with wishes and manifestation.
  • Chamomile: Promotes relaxation, happiness, and good sleep,
  • Clear Quartz: Amplifies the energy of other crystals and intentions.
  • Rose Quartz: Promotes love, happiness, and emotional well-being.
  • Green Aventurine: Attracts prosperity and good luck.
  • Amethyst: A protective stone that enhances spiritual and emotional well-being.
  • Pyrite: Attracts wealth and abundance.

My witchball is a bit giant so I didn’t fill it completely but it was fun to make. Thank you for the idea and inspiration!

14 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!!!

10 Likes

Ooh, that’s so pretty! Good luck charging it!

10 Likes

This is a wonderful thing to do, @Ostara :heart: I love it! It’s a beautiful way to carry hopes, dreams, and positive energy into the new year. Plus, the inspiration you’ve provided to other members of the coven is heartwarming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If I had some witch balls, I would definitely do something like this. Alas, I don’t. Maybe I will find something like that to do for the first Full Moon of the year!

10 Likes

Thank you Megan. It smells amazing! I have never smelled these scents together. I’m not sealing it.
I may burn a candle and and do wax drippings on it, but I want to be able to open it. If I have a bad day, smell my witch ball. Lol. It’s charging under the full moon now.

10 Likes

I think being able to open it and smell it is a great idea. It can help reinforce what those scents and ingredients mean for you in the spell! Dripping wax around the opening, but not on the opening, sounds like a cool way to seal the spell without sealing the ball :balloon:

10 Likes

@Ostara and @Artemisia What beautiful witch balls!

@Ostara You’re idea for a yearly tradition/ ritual is fabulous :heart::hugs: I was planning on making a spell jar for prosperity and abundance. I may follow your idea and do this yearly as well and imbue it with intentions for the new year! Thank you for sharing :heart: :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you Sivonnah. Happy crafting!

8 Likes

Love them, @Ostara and @Artemisia! Your witch balls turned out amazing! :sparkles: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes