Witchcraft on a Budget

Another witchcraft on a budget thing.

Last year I purchased a 600 page sketchbook at Michael’s on clearance for $5.00. I just finished a Book of Shadows and didn’t know which blank book to use next and I’ve decided to use the sketchbook. It’s really big, but the great thing about it is it stays open. This is going to be my messy BOS. Lol!

I added stickers and the corner things, but I’m going to change them to silver.

9 Likes

Ooh I like the pictures. What a great idea. :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Your book of shadows looks great! I really like those stickers and your candles turned out fabulous it’s such a convenient way to make spell candles I love them! :heart_eyes: beautiful job :sparkles::yellow_heart::green_heart::black_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you @tracyS and @crystal59. I can just leave it on the coffee table and no one will know it’s a BOS. I am in the broom closet after all.

8 Likes

Aww, thank you - you’re so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We’re all good here with Hurricane Idalia, but we’re still in the middle of hurricane season. That officially ends in November!

@Ostara – Thanks! It takes a lot of shavings, but you can get a lot of range in the colors.

9 Likes

Oh thank god for even some mild relief. And November should come soon! This is risky but obviously, i know nothing’s gonna get serious! :hugs: :innocent: :heart: All of us witches’ blessings and protection is with you and your family. :hearts: Blessed be Megan, and lots of love. :pink_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you @Solasta_Amore :heart: It’s one of the risks of living here in Florida, unfortunately. It’s just part of the climate :sweat_smile: I appreciate your love and blessings!

9 Likes

Using a candle warmer is so much easier and neater. I was able to pick the candles up without spilling hardly any wax.

These are happiness candles for when I get off work and have had a bad day (I’m going to need a lot more, lol). I added lemon balm from my garden, yellow carnelian, and lemon essential oil. :herb: :rock: :lemon:

10 Likes

They look professional :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Thank you Tracy! They are so easy and cheap to make. :coin:

9 Likes

I second what @tracyS said, here @Ostara!! :heart_eyes: :white_heart: :candle: These are so insanely amazing! I can’t even believe that you crafted them on your own. :yellow_heart: :sparkles: I honestly, would have bought some of these charming, :sparkles: infused with lemon magic :lemon: (it’s such a strong cutter of negative vibes!) and powerful :pentagram: happiness candles, from you instantly, if I were there! Well done, my dear. May these serene and joy-packed candles, burn out all those mundane & unwanted energies for you! :hugs: :heart:

9 Likes

I am glad sweetheart, really. :hugs: :kissing_heart: Usually if such climatic conditions that are ‘out of the blue’ occur, i think then it’s a lil more risky. :worried: So thank goddess, all’s normal at least & manageable! :smiling_face: :innocent: Blessed Be love. :cupid:

9 Likes

Thank you Solasta. You always make me smile! :heart:

9 Likes

That’s because i love you! :blush: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

You are such a sweetheart. I love you to! :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Those look so great, @Ostara :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think the candle warmer was a great idea - less mess, you’re right!

8 Likes

I could pick them up with my fingers instead of tongs. I kept spilling the candles with the tongs.

8 Likes

omg yes, I’ve tried it with tongs before and it was so hard :joy: spilling the wax, making a mess… and then burning my fingers trying to clean up the mess and keep myself from making more. I’m glad this was a better idea!

8 Likes

You just described me the other day. Lol!

8 Likes

Dollar Tree has Pentagram tea lights and hanging jar lids. What witch could resist that!

9 Likes