Witchcraft on a Budget

As we all know, witchcraft can get expensive. I have been going through my “stuff” and I have so many candles. I have beeswax candles, pillar candles, chime candles, birthday candles, 7 day candles, and tea light candles. I am a candle hoarder! I love candle magick, but this is ridiculous. I have seen tea light spell candles on Etsy and Amazon, but they are expensive and I have everything I need on hand, so why not make spell candles from tea lights? You can melt the wax with a candle warmer, add your herbs, crystals and essential oils, let the wax harden, and Wala, you have a spell candle. If you want to add color, just use a chime candle and drip the colored wax onto the candle, or use food coloring. :dressed_candle:

17 Likes

That’s soo beautifully explained Ostara! :smiling_face: :heart: God, it’s really such a money saving way to create and craft your own spell candle! :heart_eyes: Really lovely, thanks love. Also, i have missed chatting with you sooo much! :grin: :sob: :heartbeat:
Much love & light to you, sweets.
Blessed Be :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Fabulous idea. I prefer tealights, they’re less messy than the chime/spell candles, and I’m such a messy witch. I’ve added this to my grim. Thankyou lovely :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

@Solasta_Amore I have missed you too sweetie!

@tracyS I’m a messy witch too. Lol!

I’m off work tomorrow, so I’m going to work on spell candles while hubby is out of the house. I will let ya’ll know how it works out.

10 Likes

Please let us know dear heart. :hearts: :candle:
I love you & i wish you a magical and happy candle crafting tomorrow, @Ostara! :kissing_heart: :yellow_heart: i will be off to the dream land now :sleeping:, good ones if i’m lucky enough. (Happens rarely.) :laughing: :blush: :sparkles: :black_heart:
(Btw, i too am crazilly in love with candle magick!!! :cupid: :candle: :sparkling_heart: just like you!)
Blessed be hun, much love to you. :gift_heart:

10 Likes

You too Solasta. Sweet dreams.

10 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Think about your happy place before you sleep, look at pictures of things/places you like, visualise stories, nice stories in your head whilst looking at these pictures until your eyes feel heavy (I create whole world’s in my head), then go to sleep. Hopefully you’ll keep dreaming these lovely things. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Good idea, Ostara! Let us know how they turn out when you make them.

9 Likes

I will let you know how they turn out.

9 Likes

I’ve done this with some of my tealights! If you have crayons on hand, you can even add in some crayon shavings while you’re melting the candle because that will also change the color :blush:

9 Likes

Aww thank you hunny! You’re so sweet tracy. :face_holding_back_tears: :pink_heart: I fortunately, didn’t have any nightmares or even any slightly diaturbing dreams…maybe i don’t remember now (glad for that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) Ohh I too always do the same :star_struck: when i’m not falling down everywhere due to too much stress & pressure. :joy: :woman_shrugging:t2: … the part where you said about, creating worlds inside one’s head! :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart: :dizzy: It’s such an amazing feeling! Ohh and this has inspired me to share a veryyy magical experience i had just two days back, with Insight Timer app! :smiling_face: :innocent: i will create a topic later today, i just can’t resist now! :heart: :grin:

9 Likes

You’re so beautifully creative megan! That’s a greaat idea. I once did it with my crayons for colouring the wax, when i had no knowledge of witchcraft and magick, i tried to make a diya candle, which turned out a mess! :rofl: I love your energy, as always. :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:
Blessed be and stay safe love. Is everything okay now with the hurricane problem in florida? :kissing_heart: :hearts:
Love and blessings! :cupid:

8 Likes

@MeganB using crayons for color is a great idea! :crayon:

9 Likes

Cool! I’m interested. There’s a book, Witchcraft on a shoestring that looks interesting, but the book itself is rather expensive. No fair.

9 Likes

This was a messy project, especially for a messy witch, but it was fun!

I made some self-love candles with rose petals, rose quartz and rose oil.

I made some prosperity candles with mint, and citrine.

I made some meditation candles (these were purchased with the sandal wood scent) and I put some of my 3rd eye crystal confetti in it.

I made some protection from negative energy (purchased in patchouli scent) and added sage and lava stone.

Some of them in the pic are still cooling off.

10 Likes

Those look great! May they work well for you! So colorful!

9 Likes

Thank you Amethyst. I’m on a roll now so I will probably make some more. I already have a mess so I might as well keep going. Lol! :white_candle:

9 Likes

LOL! Makes sense to me!

9 Likes

They’re fabulous :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you Tracy. I couldn’t find my candle warmer, so I did them on the stove in a pot on low heat. I tried to take them out with tongs because they were hot, but it made a real mess. I ended up taking them out with my fingers fast. Lol!

9 Likes