Witchy Wisdom: Share a Topic you’re learning about

Witches learn something new every day. What did you learn today? Write about what’s been on your mind or what you just found out here.

To share a recipe, visit the Recipes category :page_facing_up:

Research any topic you like and share your findings with other members. Post ideas, pictures, experiments, videos, thoughts and realizations.

26 Likes

I like this idea! I’m currently learning more about Irish Paganism. This is especially important to me since I no longer label myself as Wiccan or follow the tenants of Wicca as a tradition. So, doing the research on the historical practices of ancient Ireland, the Druids, and the way they connected to the land is really important to me. I’m also figuring out that there are a lot of missing resources and reconstructionists are having to fill in the blanks when it comes to what historically happened and how the ancient Irish peoples worshiped and practiced their spirituality.

21 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Anti-Anxiety Jar Spell with Crystals and Herbs :sparkles:

A post was split to a new topic: Spagyric Alchemy

Today I learned to trust the process & to stop overthinking my situation. I was so happy & finally was able to sleep today & I have been doing so off & on all day. Tomorrow when I have my recipe book out I will post a new recipe.

18 Likes

I’m learning about green witchcraft :>

19 Likes

Any specific topics? Feel free to share any resources you find online or in books, videos, etc!

A good place to start would be the Green Witch Course (magical and medicinal uses of plants) and put that into practice with the DIY Witch’s Apothecary recipes!:herb:

16 Likes

yeah i’m learning on the green witch course

16 Likes

That’s wonderful, @summer2! From one Green Witch to another- enjoy the course! :green_heart: :blush:

And if you come across something interesting in your studies, feel free to create a new topic in the Witchy Wisdom Category to start a discussion about it! :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy learning and Blessed be!

15 Likes

Thanks, and yeah it is very interesting and honestly since i live with a christian grandma and she does not know green witchcraft exist it’s actually a bit easy to do some spells with herbs and so on.
everyday i have been doing a coffee motivation spell with honey, cinnamon and my favorite brew of coffee and it makes me feel motivated to learn more about wicca and also do stuff around the house more and school work too. :green_heart:
:slight_smile:
and blessed be too you as well :>

15 Likes

Candle Magick is good for being discreet, all you need is a candle. Either white or a colour for specific energy and your intention :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My daughter isn’t a witch and she still has candles everywhere (not lit all at once though obviously for safety reasons) so they wouldn’t look out of place. There are some good ones on the Spell8 Website :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

17 Likes

Hi I’m currently studying astrology and sigil’s I came across an article about how if you find it hard to manifest you can write down what you want and literally send it to the universe. I’m still very new I know spells and ingredients but I have become very interested in the astrology part of the craft.

15 Likes

I guess im learning to infuse everyday magick into my daily life. Witchcraft, ive learned is not always about doing rituals and spells everyday. ( Dont get me wrong, i love, rituals, spells, and challenges. ) To me is more about putting in that Little magick everyday. For example, this summer, i constantly talk and caress my plants and flower collection. I’m feeling more in tuned with them . And in return, they are blooming and growing beautifully. They are energy just like us. Im feeling more connected to the earth and the universe and myself as well.
I’ve learned to step away from people that don’t deserve me. Been spending a lot of time alone- and ive never felt more grounded. I love to spend time meditating, practicing my witchcraft and just to be more mindful of everything around me. I have grown a lot spiritually, this last year, thanks to this wonderful site and all of you.
Just very grateful.

Blessed be.

20 Likes

That sounds lovely, @emma16- I agree, there’s definitely power in writing our wishes out and offering them to the universe! :milky_way: :blush:

If you’re just beginning with spellwork and enjoy the act of manifestation through writing, then you may enjoy something like this easy Bay Leaf Manifestation Spell! It involves writing your wish on a bay leaf and then burning it to cast the spell :candle: :blush: Blessed be!

Beautifully said, Walter- thanks for the tips! These little acts of magick and increased mindfulness about magick in your daily life do wonders for someone’s personal craft :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing, and gorgeous pictures! :sparkles:

12 Likes

@BryWisteria , thank you! Yes im trying to use intentions in everything. Even when cooking and adding spices, i do it with intention now . Its such a great way to live.

11 Likes

I have been doing that with my diffusers & essential oils in the house. I found a Pinterest post that is all essential oil blends. I choose them based on how I feel & what I want to feel in my home.

Since I started reading the House Witch, I feel like that’s what I am mostly. I take care of my home, my space, & family. I definitely would say eclectic though, because of the astrology, tarot, oracle, garden, herbs, crystals, oils, potions, etc… I feel like I have come a long way since last July when I officially started on this journey.

I do need to work in some meditations though. I am getting better & I like to do it with my crystals in my hands for added oompf.

12 Likes

Merry meet and merry part

10 Likes

I’m learning about the different witch paths

11 Likes

Lately I’ve been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot about dark magick and I’m slowly learning and starting to understand that it’s not all that bad. I’ve learned that dark entities are not essentially evil, but that it’s what old religious beliefs have us think. Enjoying this journey so far :slight_smile:

I mentioned in an older post that I had freed myself from religion so many years ago, but sometimes I can’t help certain thoughts/beliefs. And this is what I am currently working on.

13 Likes