Spagyric Alchemy

Today a friend pointed me to Spagyric Alchemy. I was fascinated! Here is what caught my eye as magic in his words:
“Alchemical processing gave me a way to include these essential nutrients into my tinctures, taking full advantage of the plant’s activity. After the herb is macerated in the extracting liquid (the menstruum), the used herb or marc is removed and then calcined, specifically burned and reduced to white ash. This white ash is pure minerals and almost all of it is soluble when it is added back into the tincture. To me that produces the finest, full-spectrum extract available."

If you know - Tell me more!!
xxo kelly

6 Likes

Hello @SacredBee! :heart:

Spagyric Alchemy sounds fascinating :star_struck: Thank you for sharing your new knowledge about it! As this is such a deep topic, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve moved it into its own thread in order to keep the forum tidy and encourage further discussion :+1:

I personally haven’t dabbled much in alchemy in my practice, but I always love to learn more! :books: I found a site called The Herbalist Alchemist and they have an article on What is Spagryic Alchemy.

Has anyone else delved into Spagyric Alchemy, or perhaps other forms of alchemy in their practice? :grin: I’d also love to hear about your experiences!

Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

This is the first time I’m hearing :ear: about it but it sounds interesting!

6 Likes

Me too! A friend of mine who just graduated as an herbalist brought it up in a discussion about Magic. I felt like many here already practice combining herbs and using tinctures for specific purposes. What fascinated me was the changing the constitution of some of the plant parts (burning to ash) and recombining. I really don’t know if that enhanced the effects.

There I are actually quite a few books I found on Amazon. It’s probably too complex for my level. But still fascinating. I’d love to hear more :honeybee:

7 Likes

I don’t see why you couldn’t at least try if it’s something you’re interested in :hugs:

6 Likes

This is such a great coincidence! I was starting to read on Spagyrics last week :open_book:

It seems that the best introduction for beginners is this book: The Path of Alchemy by Mark Stavish.

I would start with simple tinctures and teas, as to get used to working with the herbs and learning about each of them. Just be careful what you ingest!

Here’s one of the first recipes in the book: Basic Spagyric Tincture

5 Likes

Wow this is excellent. There are no coincidences, right? I noticed that he mentions Melissa - so I assume lemon balm in this recipe? And much to my joy - Melissa means honeybee. All around I feel this is meant to bee!

6 Likes

Lol!! Mindblown!! :exploding_head: I didn’t notice that :rofl:

I forgot to add the introduction where it says “Here is an example of a tincture made from lemon balm (Melissa officinalis), although any plant can be used.”

Definitely meant to bee :honeybee:

5 Likes