Witchy Wisdom: Share a Topic you’re learning about

I’ve been learning about astrology and gemstones. I’ve also been studying trees and how each tree correlates with different seasons and moon cycles. Also been doing some beautiful tree meditations! Guided by books.

The books I recommend so far are:

The Healing Power of Trees
By Sharlyn Hidalgo

Wild Magical Soul
By Monica Crosson

7 Likes

This is really interesting! May I ask if you are following the Ogham/Celtic Tree Calendar for your tree studies, or is it another tradition of tree magick? :star_struck: :evergreen_tree:

Thank you for your book recommendations- wishing you all the best with your studies, @chaitea43! :books::sparkles:

9 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I believe it is the Celtic calendar, but I’ll double check to make sure.

8 Likes

Thank you! :heart: I’ve been building a witchy calender of my own and have been learning more about the 13 Celtic Tree Months and how their unique tree magick ties into each month, so I was curious if that was what you were studying too- it is very interesting indeed! :sparkles:

Happy studies and blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

I’m learning about lucid dreaming with @Mysterie.

For me it’s hard to remember my dreams, so it’s a challenge.

11 Likes

Hooray! Lucid dreaming is fascinating- it’s a great area of study to pursue in the Craft! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know it was touched upon a bit in the previous Hedge Magick weekly witchy challenge, but with that challenged ended I felt called to create a new place in the forum for those of us interested in lucid dreams. For anyone who wants to check it out, you can visit the lucid dream discussion here:

:star2: Lucid Dreaming - How to Control Your Dreams

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

@chaitea43 & @BryWisteria there is a book called Celtic Tree Magic by Danu Forest. It goes through each tree, the month through the Celtic calendar & astrology of the tree & ogham for each tree through the Celtic culture that you may be interested in looking into.

Danu Forest has a website:

Danu Forest: Author & Traditional Celtic Wisewoman

9 Likes

That’s a lot of great information about the trees and their magick- thank you for the recommendation, Siofra! :heart::blush::evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I had actually come across her by accident :laughing: The book is very good & so is her other publication Wild Magic… I just need the time to finish it :joy:

8 Likes

I am currently taking the Spells8 course on Reading Tarot. I have been casually reading cards for myself for a couple of years now, although I just “officially” became a witch last month (more like I finally realized who I truly am). I am enjoying the course and I’m learning a lot that I wasn’t really aware of before. I have a deck that has suggested interpretations printed directly on each card, but I am eager to become more intuitive with my readings :crystal_ball:

11 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that you are enjoying the Tarot Course, @Catharine! :grinning: :two_hearts: I’ve found in my own studies of the cards that new meanings continue to come with time- that is to say, the more you study and practice readings, the deeper and more interesting the cards become :flower_playing_cards: :blush:

It is a very exciting and rewarding area of the Craft- I hope you continue to enjoy your studies! Happy readings, Isobel! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Currently, I only read one or 2 cards without looking at anything & the meaning just pops out of my brain from looking at the cards… but that’s not consistent depending on what I have going on at the time. :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Wow, thank you! I’m gonna check this out.

11 Likes

You’re welcome :blush: @chaitea43 :revolving_hearts:

@Catharine Biddy Tarot has a free pdf of each card with keywords if you sign up for their email list. They also run free workshops for help learning to read them intuitively & have other courses for reading the cards with meanings, reversals, & using intuition that may help but that may also be for a cost of some kind.

14 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Clearing a blockage in the mind- any advice?

Hi John.knox. I agree with you. I also have a really hard time remembering my dreams. I am beginning to think I don’t dream at all. Mote it Be.
Medea

9 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I fully remembered any dream. If I do remember anything its something very small or short? Like that so & so was in it… but that’s it. 99.9% of the time it’s like I go to bed & then wake up with nothing in between, I kind of feel the same way that at some point, I just stopped dreaming!

8 Likes

I’m learning the magic of singles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

email this morning of Ancient Grimoires PDF: Free Occult Downloads. Now I have the summers reading list and the next 2 or more years of study and practice lined up. Not to mention all the other stuff to learn on here. :dragon:

12 Likes

Right know I am working with the pendulum! I opened my circle then I started asking questions in my mind eye that has been in the back of my subconscious mind. I want to try to dig deeper into my mind. I am using the pendulum for healing.
Jeannie

12 Likes