Wonderful Allergy Tea Recipe that works with my first spellwork included

We have been looking for a good allergy tea blend that really does something and does NOT make you sleepy.

I came across this recipe here at helloglow.co

NOTE- This medical information is intended for information purposes only and should not be considered as a recommendation or an endorsement of any particular medical or health treatment.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment.
Pease consult your medical care provider before using herbal medicine, particularly if you have a known medical condition or if you are pregnant or nursing.

I did a bit more research and came up with this recipe:
This is a large batch due to the number of people going to be drinking it.

2 cups Green Tea for base - cleansing, immunity and protection, immunity
1 cup rooibos - strength, blocks the release of histamine
1 cup peppermint - healing and protection, decongestant, an anti-inflammatory, and has known antibacterial and antiviral effects
1 cup stinging nettle - healing and protection, relieve itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, and runny nose
1 cup yerba mate - improve general well being, anti-inflammatory opens up respiratory passages and increases oxygen
1 cup lemon balm - healing, reduces inflammation
1/2 cup licorice root - offers strength to the other herbs, anti-inflammatory and expectorant
½ teaspoon ground ginger - amplify magical energy, protection, antihistamine and anti-inflammatory
Honey (to sweeten to taste)- healing, protection, soothes the throat (using local honey helps teach your body to deal with local pollen actually)
Lemon ( a few drops to taste) - cleansing, protection, detoxifier and source of vitamin C to boost immunity

Add each dry ingredient into large bowl holding each in your hand before you place it in and infuse it with your energy to “boost” the intent of each ingredient.

Stir the ingredients all together really well (I actually used my hands) focusing on healing and protection.

I divided the tea into 2 mason jars and labeled it with the ingredients, their actions and dated the labels.

Making the tea
2 tsp. tea to 8 oz. water (those little spoon shaped diffusers are the perfect size)
Boil water but do not use an aluminum kettle. Pour water into a mug or pot leaving herbs to steep for at least five minutes, but don’t leave for longer than ten minutes or the tea may become bitter.

Add your honey (I used about 2 tsp.) to sweeten
Add your lemon to taste (I used about 5 drops of lemon juice)

Both my daughters and my grandchildren have seasonal allergies (goldenrod is the bane of my life every year). I have to tell you, after drinking, we (only my daughters and my 16 YO granddaughter tried the tea, I did not want to give this to my young grandsons) all immediately felt this physical clearing in the upper chest area and our sinuses. It felt wonderful and really good.

The next day we all felt the “expectorant” effects and not to give TMI, it was in the throat above the larynx and was not pleasant until we coughed and cleared it all out.

Our dry itchy eyes symptoms are relieved and our sinuses are are clearing after several days and several cups of tea. (I can actually smell normally now!).

This was my first herbal remedy and my very first attempted spellwork and after several days of consuming this tea I feel absolutely wonderful and my girls are raving about how much better they feel symptom wise.

Don’t want to make so much, just cut the dry ingredients in half or convert the quantities to “parts” 2 parts green tea, 1 part rooibios etc. for a small amount to try.

11 Likes

I’m going to try this, I’m usually one that prefers natural remedies over medicine any day. Thank you for sharing!:relieved:

8 Likes

@suzanne7 Congrats on your tea!!!

8 Likes

Yay for herbal tea! Thanks for the recipe!

7 Likes

Oh, this looks interesting! I think I have almost all the ingredients… I may save this one for later! Thank you for sharing :heart: I’m glad it seems to be working wonders, too!

May I ask why not use an aluminum kettle? I’ve never heard this before.

7 Likes

Good Question, several reasons actually:

1. tradition, my grandmother and great grandmother were tea drinkers, it is where I learned my love for all things tea. One of the first things they taught me was about boiling the water for tea. Of course this was many many moons ago when “aluminum” anything was a cool thing because of it’s many uses and all the nifty (yep I said nifty) stuff being made from it instead of stainless and it was way less expensive. They told me that boiling in an aluminum pot or kettle actually changed the way the water “tasted” and “felt” if you know what I mean. So I have always used stainless or glass to make my water for tea.

2. medical research (careful here because a lot of what is on the web is not entirely accurate) National Library of Medicine

3. superstition, you can find tons of info on the leeching of heavy metals from aluminum and with any topic of discussion there are many opinions of yes it does, no it doesn’t that are not based entirely on facts or testing.

I think the main reason why my grandmothers said it made the water taste/feel different is because way back then, the process of founding/casting aluminum was not as advanced as it is today. Leeching heavy metals from aluminum ware may have been worse so even with the medical research confirming in a way I just have never used anything but stainless or glass.

7 Likes

My mum told me that my great grandmother always boiled water in a pan, used proper China and would only drink tea in a cup and saucer, never a mug. The tea is brewed in a China teapot, and always loose leaf. How I love these traditions, makes tea magickal :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Aluminum is found to contribute to Dementia and Alzheimer’s and other brain functions, especially in aging individuals :pray:

6 Likes

This is Wonderful!!! I also suffer from seasonal allergies :sneezing_face:. As a child I had to get an allergy shot once a week due to the pollen and everything else in Oklahoma.

7 Likes

This looks like an awesome recipe, @suzanne7! :heart_eyes: :tea:

I was just doing some research on histamine-blockers (in relation to insect stings) and am really interested that roobios might help in this regard! I’m excited to look into this more :two_hearts:

Thank you so much, Suzanne- blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Ahh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for that! I’m not sure if my kettle is aluminum or not… I don’t remember :sweat_smile: I guess I’ll have to find out!

4 Likes