Word Witch Entry

Here are 3 rare and beautiful words that resonate with me currently…

Querencia :houses: :hearts:

Pronounced Kwi-ren-Chi-yA

A word of Spanish Origin, meaning a place where you feel strong, safe and at home. It could also be your “happy place,” which often has more to do with a specific person or people than a specific location… Think of the phrase “home is where your heart is” and it sums up this word perfectly.

Eudaimonia :relieved: :airplane:

Pronounced U-de-'mOn-E-a

A word of Greek Origin, meaning “human flourishing”; a contented state of being happy, healthy and prosperous. Often attributed to the happiness one feels whilst travelling and broadening their horizons @BryWisteria one for you? :thinking:

Novaturient :fireworks: :zap:

Pronounced nO-va-tUr-E-ent

A word deriving from the Latin word Novus (meaning innovation), meaning to desire or seek powerful change in your life, behaviour or a certain situation. This word applies when soul searching or when you want to break free from your current lifestyle.

Love & Light :stonehenge: :heartpulse: :candle:

9 Likes

Thanks for the new words!! I like the word novaturient!!!

6 Likes

Thank you @Abs53 I LOVE words! I appreciated incorporating them into my life. These are really interesting. I have added them to my ongoing glossary of terms, and thank you for them! ~KK

8 Likes

Hahaha I’m tempted to change my username- wow, what a word @Abs53! :heart_eyes: Just gonna jot this one down- not sure how or if I’ll ever be able to use it, but you are right- I LOVE this one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also an extra thank you for including the pronunciation guides- they are a huge help! :pray:

Three awesome new words to add to the language “collection” lol- I always love to read about these! Thanks so much for sharing Abs :heart:

7 Likes

These are great, I only knew the first one, querencia, but I hadn’t heard it in a long time. Thanks for that! It reminds me of the Enligsh concept of “TLC”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes