Wormwood and Rue

I just received my herbs from our wonderful and generous Witch Sister Amaris Bane. The herbs sent were Wormwood and Rue. When I put the two (2) packages on my bed, my familiar went crazy, and I mean crazy. Ms. Kitty was doing summersault’s, rubbing her head all over the box and I thought she was going to tackle me for them…lol.
Does anyone know if one of these herbs are like Catnip?

Blessed Be,
Medea

12 Likes

@Medea rue and wormwood are POISONOUS to cats

Catnip is from the mint family. Alternatives for it are valerian and honeysuckle. Those are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

12 Likes

Perhaps it wasn’t the herbs she was smelling, but something on the packages themselves? Or maybe she was excited about the boxes themselves? I’ve never met a kitty who doesn’t like a good box! :smiley_cat: :package: :sparkles:

I suppose you could test it by placing the herbs (wrapped and sealed securely- no poisonous plants for our furry friends!) on one side of the room and the boxes on the other and see what she does :eyes:

Whatever the cause, I hope you enjoy your lovely new herbs, Medea! :heart::herb:

Blessed be :sparkles:

13 Likes

That is funny. When I received my herbs from @Amaris_Bane I put them on the coffee table and my kitty did the same thing. It may be because @Amaris_Bane has a cat or maybe she is the cat whisperer. Lol!

12 Likes

Kitty’s love @Amaris_Bane packages :wink: My cat was excited about my box too! I should have taken a picture because she jumped in the box and tried to lay down but she’s too big LOL!
She always gets excited around my herbs. I have to keep them put away in a cabinet.
I grew catnip for my kitty and she totally eats it! She loves the home grown leaves I dried. I have to keep hers put up too so she doesn’t get too much. Jars also help keep pets out of them :+1:
Also, cats that smell other cats will cover the scent with their own scents by rubbing on it to claim it as theirs :wink:
Thanks again @Amaris_Bane your an awesome Witch :green_heart:
:butterfly:

10 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage my youngest kitty, who cant meow, totally eats it. The other two just roll around in it. And become psycho.

And i totally agree, @Amaris_Bane is a phenomenal witch and even better friend

9 Likes

This made me smile! I have two cats and they did rub all over the boxes as I was packaging them, lol. My panther cat also laid on the bags as I was packaging them up.

Bender (my panther cat) LOVES catnip. He goes bonkers for it. He will eat it as well as rub on it and get it all over himself. They have these little fish toys that have catnip inside. He will hold it and rub his head all over it! He then runs around like he’s on crack. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nibbler (my familiar) will rub on it but it is more of a sedative for him and he’ll just lay down and go to sleep.

Y’all are too kind!! I love doing what I can to help others.

10 Likes

Wow, not what I was expecting. I am so glad I did not sprinkle any on the bed for both my cats. Thank you so much for the update, you are a sweetheart Mistress of Herbs!

7 Likes

Thank you and yes, I am going to enjoy my new herbs. I really want to use them with a spell I am considering. Lol … absolutely no cat killing in my house :black_cat: :skull_and_crossbones: :scream_cat:

Blessed Be to you always :gift_heart:

7 Likes

I forgot I did snap a picture of my cat when she got in the box…

She has resting grumpy cat face LOL This is her nicer look :face_with_peeking_eye:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

Seems like a great way to put your new herbs to use! :blush: Good luck and happy spellwork, Medea :heart::herb:

She’s adorable! :cat2: :two_hearts: :package:

7 Likes

How funny is that. Amaris Bane must have some loving cats that our cats can smell…Love is in the air or package…lol.

This is late posting; I did not realize it was in my draft section.

Blessed Be,
Medea :woman_mage:t4: :woman_mage:t4: :woman_mage:t4:

6 Likes

OMG…She is beautiful. That also is something my familiar does, jumps into boxes or bags. If I throw a plastic bag in the air it floats down and she jumps in the air, brings it to the ground and sits on it… strange :black_cat: :black_cat:

Blessed Be

6 Likes

My cats love cat nip too! Okay, just now I had an idea come to me, maybe I will look into growing Catnip… :thinking:

Bless Be to you and your familiars… :black_cat: :woman_mage:t4: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi. I am sorry I am replying so late, I cannot believe I missed so many posts. Anyway, is it hard to grow catnip?

7 Likes

@Medea I am growing some on the window sill in my kitchen. It loves full sun. It’s funny how catnip is coming up today. I had a bag of organic catnip in a basket, but I found it on the floor this morning. Kitty must have been partying last night. Lol!

7 Likes

@Medea no not really

Its like a weed. But its also like Spearmint and peppermint and will over run a garden if u dont keep it tended.

5 Likes

LOL :rofl:

:black_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

Mote It Be :partying_face:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.