Yule Traditions

I agree, so many people get lost in the smaller parts of the holiday season. Always seem to be happier around this time of the year.

I always appreciate everyone’s input, hope you and everyone has a great Yule this year. Blessed be! :heart:

3 Likes

Your response unlocked a memory for me! When I was in elementary and middle school we made buche de noel every year at school. I don’t think we ever really explored the origins much, but it was part of the required French/Creole/Cajun culture classes so maybe they did go over the origins to a degree and I just wasn’t paying attention! But I definitely remember making and decorating and eating. It was always a wonderful time! And now it is definitely something that I will do as I celebrate my first “official” Yule and incorporate it in future year’s celebrations!

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes i saw the dates and though well since they are close why not prepare my altar ahead of time and combine the decorations and mix it up… My family (husband and kids), don’t celebrate Christmas since we are Muslim, however, i personally love to to celebrate Christmas since i grew up in a Christian household with Christmas every year… Aside i know a lot of atheists who do not have a Religion but still enjoy celebrating Christmas regardless… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s fine and would the bonfire would be a lovely idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t think of more. You should write a book translating the holidays for the Southern Hemisphere once you figure them out!

2 Likes

I see! No matter how you decide to celebrate the holidays (whether individually or combined), I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time. Blessed holidays, @TheMuslimWitch! :blush::two_hearts:

Thank you, @bryce! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s amazing that you made Bûche de Noël cakes in school, @robin77- what a great activity to do as a class (and a delicious one too)! :yum::cake: I’m glad a happy memory came back for you- happy cooking and good luck with your Yule log, have a blessed holiday! :heart:

2 Likes